Stock Fuel Pressure Regulator - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Stock Fuel Pressure Regulator

I have the following turbo
Garrett 466159-5003 Turbo T3/T4E 57Trim Compressor Stage 3 Turbine 0.63 A/R | eBay

and I intend to run 8lb's with 440cc injectors and a stock Fuel pump.

Am I going to have an issue with fuel if I run a stock Fuel pressure regulator??
Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2017, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

That is a lot of turbo for a D series.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Late spool? Or good chance to blow up lol

Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
B-series Destroyer

Rep Power: 22 rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!
rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!rico58204 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Late spool.
You link all the grounds, then wire each solenoid into the spark plug wires, that way they hit sequentially as the engine fires. This creates what I like to call asphalt shattering VTEC.
rico58204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Figured. Anyways back to my question lol
Old 08-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

I use the stock regulator with a Walbro 250lph fuel pump and 450cc DSM injectors...no problems.

But stock fuel pump??? Why?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 01:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

stock reg is fine.
The problem would be the pump.
When i had my first setup, I try to be as cheap as i could get away with and ran the stock pump.
It work, but after a while i notice it was trying to lean out in the higher rpms. added more fuel in the tune. Was good then had to add more fuel but no change. OEM pump couldnt keep up.
Switch to a walbro 250 and had to remove fuel and all was good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

I was just curious, Def gonna replace the pump being that its pretty dam cheap.

Any modifications I'll need to do to get the pump to work?
Old 08-29-2017, 01:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming View Post
I was just curious, Def gonna replace the pump being that its pretty dam cheap.

Any modifications I'll need to do to get the pump to work?
Just get the correct filter for your car.
As long as it matches stock it will work.
Some where for the wrong yr in the kits and angle it wrong. Making you unable to pick up the last few gals of gas in the tank.

. RIP

Old 08-31-2017, 10:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

EK?

Either of these should be drop-in fitment:

9-101-0846 - DeatschWerks Vehicle-Specific In-Tank Fuel Pumps - DeatschWerks

9-201-0846 - DeatschWerks Vehicle-Specific In-Tank Fuel Pumps - DeatschWerks

The OE EK pumps we have in house that I have flow tested are between 68-74LPH @ 50psi. That's about 215-235hp that it will support. ...and that's not leaving any headroom in the pump.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD

Last edited by LowFlyin'; 08-31-2017 at 10:31 AM.
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2017, 03:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

The problem that I ran into is that my injectors don’t pop into my stock fuel rail. Not sure if the injectors I was given aren’t for my car, or if I have to get a new rail. Any injectors that fit stock fuel rail?

And when I mean they don’t fit is that, they easily
Pop into my intake manifold, yet they don’t pop into my rail. Not sure if they’re suppose to, but they seem like they kinda fit but not snug snug like oem. Should I just get a o ring set and see if I can get it to pop in?

Last edited by Fleming; 09-01-2017 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
The problem that I ran into is that my injectors donít pop into my stock fuel rail. Not sure if the injectors I was given arenít for my car, or if I have to get a new rail. Any injectors that fit stock fuel rail?

And when I mean they donít fit is that, they easily
Pop into my intake manifold, yet they donít pop into my rail. Not sure if theyíre suppose to, but they seem like they kinda fit but not snug snug like oem. Should I just get a o ring set and see if I can get it to pop in?
part number on the injectors?
And OD the fuel rail and injector top to find out.
Some injectors fit a little lose while installing but once everything is tighten and the car is ran it does not leak.

I had some IN600 and you could rotate the injectors while everything was tighten but they never leak.

. RIP

Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!

Post a picture of the injectors and I'll give it my best guess.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2017, 05:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Figured. Anyways back to my question lol
Yeah, I would see if you can get a smaller turbo. I run a .48 A/R turbo on my D16Z6, 11psi, and it doesn't start spooling until 2800 RPM, and isn't really blowing until 4K. With these lower power builds, it's far better to go small turbo and high psi than big turbo low psi.

Quote:
The problem that I ran into is that my injectors don’t pop into my stock fuel rail. Not sure if the injectors I was given aren’t for my car, or if I have to get a new rail. Any injectors that fit stock fuel rail?

And when I mean they don’t fit is that, they easily
Pop into my intake manifold, yet they don’t pop into my rail. Not sure if they’re suppose to, but they seem like they kinda fit but not snug snug like oem. Should I just get a o ring set and see if I can get it to pop in?
If they're DSM injectors you need to Dremel out the middle of the injector Orings that go into the motor so they can accommodate the larger size of the DSM injectors.

Last edited by slo_eg8; 09-15-2017 at 05:02 AM.
FakeVtecSticker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

I always ground the circumference of the rubber injector to intake manifold rubber o-ring.

Turbo is a little too big
fuel pump is too small
stock regulator is fine
Old 09-14-2017, 07:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

You need a larger fuel pump I would imagine and a tune-able ecu. The stock d16 fuel rails and fpr can handle between 300-400hp before they need to be upgraded from what I've read.

I bought an AEM FPR, fuel rail, and fuel pressure gauge for my build but the f'n leaks like there's no tomorrow so I got tired of fuckin with it and worried about it leaking on the dyno so I just went back to stock.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in