misfire issue? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question misfire issue?

not sure if this is the appropriate section for something like this but anyways,

i have a turbo d16z6 and just yesterday i noticed something unusual about the car when it idles.

For some time now I've had a lopey idle due to maybe a bad IACV...(im not cammed). Ive cleaned out my IACV in the past, which if i remember correctly fixed the issue for a good 3 days. I didnt bother replacing it since its quite expensive to get a new one and since i didnt think it was that much of a big deal..

Just yesterday i went to start the car and although it still idles completely normal on cold starts and drives completely fine, i can now hear a lot of popping on warm idle, especially when letting off the gas from 1500-2000rpm when coasting in neutral.. One thing i have observed is that when the lopey idle and/or popping occurs, my air/fuel ratio dial goes all the way to lean or just doesn't read anything at all...as opposed to reading 13-14 as it used to on normal idle...

I dont know if this has anything to do with it but this issue first appeared after i had fixed a leak from my fuel rail (which could have caused the boost cut i mentioned in a previous post). I put everything back on properly and my fuel pressure is still at a steady 60psi
domoisback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2017, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Who tune the car?

And while cruising and taking your foot off the gas the wideband should ping 18:1 AFR.
This is called lean cut, the ecu cuts the fuel but keeps the spark.

If you are getting popping when this happens. Then you have a leaky injector that is adding small amount of fuel.

And your fuel pressure is to high. no need to go over 43psi.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Who tune the car?

And while cruising and taking your foot off the gas the wideband should ping 18:1 AFR.
This is called lean cut, the ecu cuts the fuel but keeps the spark.

If you are getting popping when this happens. Then you have a leaky injector that is adding small amount of fuel.

And your fuel pressure is to high. no need to go over 43psi.

weird, its always been at around 50-60 psi even before this issue appeared... and yes it does ping 18:1 AFR and then afterwards reads nothing.

Ive just change my spark plugs so ill see if that makes a difference, dont think it will though

Old 07-19-2017, 08:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok so i just went through a misfire diagnostic when i was changing the sparkplugs...

I unplugged each plug on by one and the only one that didn't change the lopey idle was cylinder 1. However i can see a spark when i pull the plug out...

I also unplugged the wire while i had the car idle a bit higher and it changed how the engine ran entirely...making literally sound like a lawnmower.

It seems like it isn't firing on idle but yet is when the car is under load or anything above idle...

anyone ever heard of an issue like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in