Tuning help? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tuning help?

Hey guys, this is my first post. I own a 99 honda civic ex, with a d16z6 turbo. Ecu is a p06 converted to vtec and the tuning application is hondata s300 v2. Note this is my second build. First build same thing but t04e turbo and eBay downpipe, didn't have the intercooler mounted but ziptied and charge pipe wasn't cut to fit. This time intercooler is mounted and charge pipe is cut shorter to tuck behind bumper.

Motor: d16z6, eagle rods, Vitara 8.5.1 compression pistons, kings race bearings mains and rods. Stock crank, oem head gasket, stock head with a y8 intake manifold. Car has been converted and jumped to obd1 using the harness for in car and distributor as it's a z6 head. I'm using AEM wideband, AEM fuel rail and AEM fuel pressure regulator. Has a walboro 255 fuel pump. Gates blue timing belt, tensioner and waterpump. The turbo I'm running is a turbonetics .63 exhaust and .60 compressor. Downpipe is a 3inch goautoworks downpipe which is heat wrapped that goes to a 2 1/2 inch back exhaust. Has a resonater in the middle of the car, no cat. Stock injectors but my duty cycle is 3% at idle. I have a tial wastegate at 11.6psi or may be 10.6 spring. A legit greddy type s bov.

Random issue: car runs leaner when at idle, but under a load stays rich 11.7 - 12.6 ish. Idle after making a hard load then stopping sometimes stays around 16.7 -17 ish. But then is sometimes normal around 14.7-15.4 ish.

At 10psi it seems to make decent power but it's not satisfying my needs. I've only had it up to 117mph and that was pushing it. That doesn't seem right for a decent build. It should pull more than that on the top end considering such a decent sized turbo or atleast I would imagine.

As for a tune, vtec engages at 4k rpm, no launch control, stock map sensor atm as my omni 4bar has been giving issues with cutting out. It's on a p28 basemap, boost cut is set for 10psi hot and cold. Vtec upper and lower haven't been touched. I haven't touched fuel tables as I don't know how to even begin there same for ignition. All I did was create boost tables where it retards ignition per pound of boost .75 and dumps 120% more fuel when it detects boost. Does anyone have any tuning knowledge and can help me out a bit? I like information and reading, so anything can help. I'm not wanting 500hp. 210 or 220 will do me just fine. I know that's easy to do with the build I have. I just need a little advice on anything I should change or tweak?

Sorry if this shouldn't be posted here. I'm still new
99ej8turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2017, 04:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

First stock injectors will not do. You need bigger injectors to start off with.
Im surprised you didnt run lean in boost already.

Next your need to start doing some datalogging and correcting the fuel.

the reason you might have idling problems, could be cause by a vacuum leak (any high idling or hunting?)
Or simply its not tune and your dumping to much fuel and the ecu is trying to pull the fuel and is over shooting it.

disable the o2 sensor and tune idle until you get to around 13:1 AFR. Then reable the o2 and see how it corrects. normally with the o2 disable you need to be between 12.9-13.6:1 then the o2 corrects it to 14.7-15.2:1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 01:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

How do you figure your compression ratio? Eagle/ vitara I usually lower than that?

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2017, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 atheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Duty cycle 3% at idle. Lmao. It's under load that matters. With a compression ratio closer to 7.5:1, your car is going to feel slow. Telling the at sizes of the turbo housings tells us nothing. Do yourself a favor and get some injectors then take the car to a tuner
atheworld0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in