Need some turbo size infor - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default Need some turbo size infor

Long time no thread start

Well i need some information about this turbo.
Turbo link yes its ebay
T3/T3 Turbocharger
Compressor Specs :
6 Blade Type Compressor
Compressor Trim 45
1.672" or 42.48mm Minor
2.363" or 60.02mm Major
Compressor .42 A.R.
M24 / T3 Compressor Housing
Turbine Specs :
T3 Type Turbine
11 Blade Type
2.508 " or 67.70mm Major
1.862 " or 46.23mm Minor
Exhaust housing .48 A.R.

I am trying to find out how big is it compare to a TD04H-15G or 18g
There seem to be no information about this t3 45 trim turbo. It is an ebay turbo and i have heard that they are smaller then what they are copying but i am just trying to find some information on it for a friend.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by xile6; 07-17-2017 at 01:10 PM.
xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2017, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
ebay turbo and i have heard that they are smaller then what they are copying but
not smaller, just less efficient. (moves less air).
like a garret t3 turbine mated to a t4 compressor, sort of.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
not smaller, just less efficient. (moves less air).
like a garret t3 turbine mated to a t4 compressor, sort of.
K, but any clue on the turbo i posted?

. RIP

Old 07-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano

garrett t3 45-trims were pretty small, came on saabs and volvos (they both would switch back and forth from mitsubishi and garrett).
kind of a small turbo to knock off.
smaller than the 50/60 trims on mustangs and t-birds. The garretts were water cooled back then. I have a couple of t3 50-trim garretts lying arount. d-series stock internals will stand up to anything the garrett t3 50-trim can dish out, i can only guess about the ebay junk ...
make about the same power as a tdo4h-15g, WAY smaller than an 18g

Quote:
Returned 9-22-2013.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
garrett t3 45-trims were pretty small, came on saabs and volvos (they both would switch back and forth from mitsubishi and garrett).
kind of a small turbo to knock off.
smaller than the 50/60 trims on mustangs and t-birds. The garretts were water cooled back then. I have a couple of t3 50-trim garretts lying arount. d-series stock internals will stand up to anything the garrett t3 50-trim can dish out, i can only guess about the ebay junk ...
make about the same power as a tdo4h-15g, WAY smaller than an 18g
Yea i ran that t3 45 trim on my civic. Been running for a little over 3 yrs. Then sold it to my friend. Did have any information on the turbo. He was going to sell it to someone and they wanted to know if the turbo was bigger then the greddy 15g that comes in the greddy kit.

. RIP

Old 08-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hello, thanks for starting this up, seeing as these guys seem to have sorted you out, I'm wondering if they'd be generous enough so pass on some knowledge on my turbo size related question.

I'm building a d16z6 with p2p0 rods and vitara pistons, end comp should be 8.3:1. I don't care for drag racing at all, I like F1 so I want a well rounded car and engine for daily and screwing about on nice roads. I am keeping AC and PS. I want good response and power till redline, aiming for 300whp. I have found through the search that .42 AR T3s spool quickly, but when mated to a .48, they get asthma symptoms after 6k and 300whp is a huge ask. I then saw a few mentions of a .42/.63 T3 which got serious at 3000 rpm till redline. I also found that turbo from CXRacing on ebay rated at 350hp. Does this sound legit to you guys?

I have messaged the guys who say they have run this, and i am waiting for their responses also. Thanks a lot in advance for the read and responses (be they constructive or useless lol)
DELSOLitude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2017, 07:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Well, after months of no replies (no problem) I went ahead and got that turbo. Still building but decided to offer up what I've found out as I've gone along.
I got an AC/PS compatible log manifold from ebay for $50, and the .42/.63 AR T3 with internal wastegate from CXRacing's site. When I got the parts, i tried fitting them (keeping ac) with the compressor side facing the belts, the fit was too tight. It left no room for a filter or intake piping and hooking up the AC line to the compressor would be a nuisance, so i spun it around. I decided to remove the internal wastegate set up to save space and also provide more space for the exhaust to slither past the compressor. I had to shave bits off of the block with a cutting wheel and a medium size compressor over the span of two hours, but it fits as snug as a bug in a rug.

I then ordered a downpipe designed for exit on the driver side the curves to slide under the oil pan, i had to cut it and have it re welded...this is where I am. I will try to post pics. Hope this helps. If the pics are upside down I'm sorry, i can't sort it. The exhaust came with v band and a v band to 5 bolt adapter, i cut off the v band bit and had...will have them weld on the 5 bolt. I will be taking the engine to the exhaust shop to have that bit done while it's out of the car for proper positioning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171008_162756_1509245814804.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	123002   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171008_160329_1509245855759.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	123010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171008_161448_1509245927430.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	123018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171008_162749_1509246030982.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	123026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171016_114949_1509246077825.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	477.0 KB
ID:	123034  

Old 10-29-2017, 04:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

@delsol.
I use the turbo i posted in my build threaded.
Works great was just wonder on the size of it.
I akso kept ac. Photo might be down but got everything on my phone if you want to see.

. RIP

Old 10-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

oh hell yes please I'd love to see what you came up with!
Old 10-31-2017, 02:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

Xile6 provided a lot of insight on the matter of fitting, so thanks to him for that. With the intel he shared with me i got my exhaust routed with the ac on so i know it'll clear. One mistake so far was buying the downpipe. The guy ended up only using the exhaust flange, and making his bends from aluminium. I will V band the rest and combine it with the ss exhaust from ebay to bolt to my car to provide an o2 bung and to not feel like a complete jackaz.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171030_105558_1509446860922.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	535.0 KB
ID:	123041  
Old 10-31-2017, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

looks good. hopefully the heat from the dp won't affect the compressor too much.
after keeping the ac on my setup, i wonder why i went to the trouble.

Quote:
Returned 9-22-2013.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

he could always have the downpipe ceramic coated, or wrapped in thermal barrier.

as long as the windows roll down, who needs a/c?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Yea i kept ac with mines, but in the end it didnt work good enough in stop and go or the streets.
Freeway was fine tho.
The civic ac system is just to small

. RIP

Old 11-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Well I do plan on wrapping it for sure for whatever that's worth. I have wondered how much crap the compressor will take though, but i will do my best, even if i end up making a little shield lined with thermal insulation to place between the two.

I wanted...want a complete car you know? not something blatantly butchered, I've gone that route. I want to be willing to drive it comfortably weather be damned. I live in Florida and the Heat isn't just a basketball team over here. I'm keeping my cruise control and all too... it's my project car and the most time I've actually taken on one. Thanks for the comments tho, they help make the build more detailed. I will take a look at the ceramic coating because I have a bone to pick with that manifold that I can't wrap.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Oh Xile, i figured the del sol has a lot less area to cool compared to the civic so i may get lucky with the cooling.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

only time the heat sucks is when its raining and you cant roll down the windows.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
The civic ac system is just to small
times eleventy

Quote:
Returned 9-22-2013.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

I actually bought that same turbo cuause it was a bit smaller than the t3t4 to use with a ac friend log manifold...in process to install soon
jdmef21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2018, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

im in for some updated info. although i wont be running any ebay stuff on mines i heard china is getting a bit better with their quality control. Not sure if that applies to turbochargers. Only time will tell. Even if they got better with quality control they probably still have thousands from back then when inventory control meant nothing.
honda_egd16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef21 View Post
I actually bought that same turbo cuause it was a bit smaller than the t3t4 to use with a ac friend log manifold...in process to install soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_egd16z6 View Post
im in for some updated info. although i wont be running any ebay stuff on mines i heard china is getting a bit better with their quality control. Not sure if that applies to turbochargers. Only time will tell. Even if they got better with quality control they probably still have thousands from back then when inventory control meant nothing.
It works as said i ran that turbo. Sold the car to a friend and he wanted to know if it was around the same size as the greddy kit turbo.
The trbo been on the car for almost 3 yrs

. RIP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in