Turbo civic idle issues - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo civic idle issues

Alright, I can't take it anymore I need to ask somebody about this. Basically I bought a turbo 1996 d16y8 sedan with vtec disabled. The car ran and drove great for a couple months, and was tons of fun. Has vitara pistons with eagle H beam rods and makes 140hp on 8psi. ECU of choice is NepTuneRTP. A few months ago I decided that I wanted to launch my car on 2 step and I did and then I drove home from where I did it and ever since then it has idled at like 2600rpm. I've sat and messed around with everything including the "target idle" on the Neptune software and it makes no difference. Any idea what could've happened? Also the IACV is blocked off and I have it deleted on my software. I just don't know anymore I can't believe it ran and idled perfect before and I launched it kind of aggressively and now it won't idle properly anymore. I've literally messed with everything and changed most vacuum lines and I just want some ideas thrown at me. Anything will help I just can't find anyone talking about any issues similar in the forums and I need help badly.
Jinzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Abide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to allAbide is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Abide

tried adjusting the idle adjustment screw? sounds like you've got more of a vac leak than before somewhere.
Abide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Sounds like a typical vacuum leak.

Check all the vacuum lines and gaskets like the intake manifold, throttle body, "block off plate" ect.

Some of those Y8 intake manifolds have that weird air jet system by the injectors, someone correct if I'm wrong.

FYI do not T off the fuel pressure regulator line. It'll make you car run like shit under load.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

fitv or a leak on the manifold somewhere. adjusting the settings in neptune will only bandaid the actual issue, your getting air leaking past the throttle body somehow.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Sounds like a can of worms.
But its probablt a vaccum leak. Get some crab spray and find the leak

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

pop hood open, secure at highest position near hinges for best reach.

on the back side of the intake manifold, reach under it, to left of brake booster. there is a very small vacuum nipple.

quite an easy thing to miss, and fucked my idle for awhile when I did the Y8 intake swap on my DX.

I have 3 inches of vacuum line on it, and a screw shoved into it to seal it. has worked for me.

here is a picture. it is present on BOTH auto and manual manifolds on the under side of runner #1, closest to brake booster

image taken from an amazon listing, so may disappear

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in