DOHC ZC boost questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default DOHC ZC boost questions

Hey homies. I'm new here, so real quick, hi I'm Christian from Kelowna BC. I'm building an EJ coupe for boost, I was going to run the a6/y8 set up and boost that, but I got wondering about ZC engines. I've bought a kit from a buddy that was run in his ej on his a6/y8 set up, and basically I was wondering if I were to build a ZC, my kit should be compatible? If anyone has anything I'm not understanding please let me know! Just learning my hondas with this build! (Couple pics of my kit and shell for fun!)
Cheers guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1983_1495061680282.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	537.1 KB
ID:	120857   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1981_1495061700366.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	120865   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2037_1495061713186.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	672.2 KB
ID:	120873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2039_1495061740790.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	277.6 KB
ID:	120881  
MaryJistheway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

nice looking kit. all parts should work just fine on your ZC
Old 05-18-2017, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Sac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow up

Like evo said

But they won't fit that SC
Sac*HXy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Grifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respectGrifty  is slowly gaining respect

Everything will bolt up fine, you might have to port your turbo mani to match the ports on the ZC exhaust as they aren't exactly the same as the SOHC.
Grifty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2017, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!Sailor is the fucking MAN!!!!

Kit looks good. Under the hood looks good. Car looks good.
Why change it? (Or is the engine bay pic on a different car?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

How weird is it that the first thing you told us about yourself is your religion? So weird... (Giving you an extra hard time because you are local to me )

Anyways I would avoid anything DOHC ZC because of how hard it is to find replacement parts. If you really want two cams run a B series or K series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.

Last edited by FarmerD; 05-22-2017 at 09:20 AM.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Dohc d16a8 3rd gen (edm zc) I've got it torn down already was wondering what pistons and rods to run 8-10psi I have parts from a 1g talon Blue top 450cc injectors fuel pump intercooler blown td04 turbo also have chipped p28 out of my H22a prelude. (If retuning for turbo I can get rid of vtec right cuz I don't have it? would also like to know what distributor to run if I want to have the msd coil
HondaRacer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 06:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 dirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to dirty d Send a message via Yahoo to dirty d

Holy thread-jack batman. Firstly the stock dohc zc can probably handle the 8-10psi from some tdo4 you want to run. 2nd off i personally run stock coils/dizzy.
dirty d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty d View Post
Holy thread-jack batman. Firstly the stock dohc zc can probably handle the 8-10psi from some tdo4 you want to run. 2nd off i personally run stock coils/dizzy.
I'll rebuild the tdo4 then and start accumulating parts. fallow the build @hondaracer93 on instagram #backyardcustoms
HondaRacer93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2017, 12:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 dirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatnessdirty d is approaching greatness
Send a message via AIM to dirty d Send a message via Yahoo to dirty d

You might want to get that turbo balanced?
dirty d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in