MPFI D15B2 paired with DSM T25 13g? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2017, 07:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default MPFI D15B2 paired with DSM T25 13g?

This Easter weekend, I'm going to be finally fabricating my headers and down pipe for my freshly rebuilt DSM turbo. Running a 12:1 FMU, MPFI swap with PM6 ECU, and an external wastegate with a 4 psi spring. I'm going to be running V Power BKR7E's with about 32 thousandths gap, and slightly retarded timing.

Now I have a couple of questions:
1) The block has 172k on it, so I'm planning on being gentle with the boost. With this setup, what are your opinions on the reliability?
2) I'm going to be using a sandwich plate, so what size restrictor would you guys recommend for the turbos feed line?

Best regards, Chris.
Pentium44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2017, 07:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

FMUs are ancient technology (use turboedit)

4psi is a joke. Run that little turbo to 9 psi

I don't think DSMs use a restrictor.

NGK BKR7E is a good choice. That's what I run

I highly recommend a wideband o2 sensor when going turbo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

FMU and reliability don't fall in the same category. Ever. Look into real tuning options if you want it to live longer than a half chub cream pie in your wranglers from the first spool.

If you don't want to make the OBD jump, there are plenty of tuning options for OBD0.

That is just the beginning, what AJAY said up there about sums it up.

Also, when he says he recommends a wideband O2 when going turbo, he means get one, without a doubt.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry

Last edited by Staypuff578; 04-08-2017 at 07:46 AM.
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

I already have a wideband with narrowband simulation setup, can't afford bigger injectors and getting a chip burner for an obd0 ECU is a b****. As for an FMU, they're ancient but they do their job. I rebuilt the one I have and bench tested it. Works as it would, and a plan on getting a walbro inline for my car also. As you guys said, 4 psi is not a joke when you're using a FMU as fuel management. I'll bump the boost when I tune the car.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

This guy is a troll everyone. Lol, you guys cant see it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Certified O.G.

Rep Power: 27 Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Staypuff578 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Staypuff578

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
This guy is a troll everyone. Lol, you guys cant see it?
Come on Poppa Danz, You know how long I've been gone, I guess I lost my touch. Lol.

Quote:
almost as badass as my mustache, like a mustache with tits
Instagram- Spoolin_Larry
Staypuff578 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2017, 10:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!

There's been a lot of negatively here lately, it feels good to lend a helping hand.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
Old 04-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

How am I a troll?
Old 04-09-2017, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Well generally when someone walks in and talks exactly like people did in 1995, it seems a little fishy.

How do you even know what an FMU is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

I'm a backyard mechanic that likes Honda's and boost. I guess that's it...
Old 04-09-2017, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

8:1 is a better choice for only 4psi, 12:1 will be super rich

clock the dizzy back 2 degrees for extra safety margin on top too
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 04:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

oh, and you'll need either a missing link or zener diode to trick the stock map sensor too.

(just chip your ECU. it's way better)
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

an FMU is shit for turbo. 4psi out of the turbo is not double what 2psi of boost would be, for example.

FMU's are generally only good for factory supercharged vehicles running a little smaller pulley

if you are too cheap to do it properly, do other things for performance.

bolting on a shorter geared transmission and going through the sensors and wiring to make sure everything is running good will work out for you better.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #14 (permalink)

It really sucks when your on a budget, I would save up and get bigger injectors and a tune. If your lucky you can find dsm 450cc injectors at the salvage yard. Is this is your only source of transportation? If so, I would just do the usual HEI upgrade and call it a day.
RebornFromAshes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

intake on a d15b2 is useless

header on a d15b2 makes it slower

exhaust on a stock compression D15 is merely personal wants for sound.

Get it running as good as you can. a reliable engine that gets good gas mileage means you can save up on money and have more fun in a nearer future

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 04:21 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 khmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the community

The greddy turbo kits only add fuel (blue box) and do not retard timming. they have always worked, but a FMU will add fuel all over my advice is to get something that will adjust fuel for you at the right rpm/load. maybe something like the Apexi Neo from 2003 if your not willing to do it right with neptune/hondata
ITR Calipers ,Rear Disc, EBC Blue Stuff Pads.
299.2WHP on a Greddy kit

khmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 04:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Get a chip ecu, bigger injectors and tune.
Then call it a day.

The fmu really dont work as people think they do.
They just up the fuel pressure and after to much fuel psi the injectors might not even open.
Its simply not worth the money. And your 4psi will probably feel like nothing since its a small amoubt of boost and will be overly rich.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Spend the money now on the right bits, or spend double the money and time fixing what you thought was a good idea.

Take our advice, we speak from past experiences.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
Old 04-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

I'm going to throw a bleed valve on the FMU vac line so I can roughly adjust the fuel pressure that way too. We'll see how she performs.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
8:1 is a better choice for only 4psi, 12:1 will be super rich

clock the dizzy back 2 degrees for extra safety margin on top too
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
oh, and you'll need either a missing link or zener diode to trick the stock map sensor too.

(just chip your ECU. it's way better)
I'm going to run a check valve on the map sensor since it's on the firewall. You are the only one who gave an actual answer so I thank you for that. Like I posted above, I'm going to use a bleed valve / boost controller on the FMU with a check valve to control fuel on a raw form for now and just watch the boost and keep an eye on the wideband.

On another note, please be mindful that I am going to chip my ECU in the near future so it's not going to be stuck with an FMU forever. Thanks for not being assholes

Last edited by slo_eg8; 04-11-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in