Turbo Advice - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Default Turbo Advice

Considering boosting. Current setup is ls bottom end, shot peened rods, arp rod bolts, arp head studs, bottom end and head were all rebuilt. Should be sitting around 11.5:1. Was going to put a gsr head on top but thinking turbo might be better. I was thinking a gt28r on around 6psi not exceeding 300whp. Is there a better oem turbo option with ball bearing and t3 or t4 flange? T25/t28 manifolds are pricy. Trying to keep it simple.
NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

The potato (28rs) will be the best turbo for 300hp with a t3 flange... Although I bet it would take more like 15+ psi to make 300.
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Id go for the GSR head, enjoy the extra compression for awhile, and plan an E85 conversion and an oem subaru or nissan ball bearing turbo.

the turbos can be found on ebay dirt cheap when they need a rebuild, and good deals come up with good condition turbos.

Ive seen a 35k mile subaru 2.5L old gen turbo show up for $150 shipped in great condition.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

how are the tdo4/5's compared to GT28r/s? I had a gt2560r on my z6 @16psi until I blew the ring lands out on one cylinder. drove until I tore it down. it spooled very quick even on the vitara setup

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipp View Post
The potato (28rs) will be the best turbo for 300hp with a t3 flange... Although I bet it would take more like 15+ psi to make 300.
I was making more than 300 @ 12psi on my potato. 6psi should put it close to where he wants it and not exceed 300. 8-10 psi should be pretty near spot on.
txdragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 07:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 7 Animag771 will become famous soon enoughAnimag771 will become famous soon enoughAnimag771 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Just my .02, which probably means little. I'm a nobody that knows little, but I've been planning a similar build (granted a bit lower compression) and I really like the look of the Twin Scroll 16G. The 28RS or T3-Super 60 (48 A/R) are my runner-ups if I can't find somebody to make a proper twin scroll manifold.

Ignore the yellow line. That was my attempt of figuring out at what rpm I would start seeing positive boost pressure.

Last edited by Animag771; 04-22-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Animag771 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in