Gonna Go Greddy.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Gonna Go Greddy..

So I was going to stay all motor in my Y8 (DC 4-2-1, Aem V2, 2.25") and do a mild NA build (Delta 260, 11 CR,) but then I saw this used greddy turbo kit on eBay so I said f*** it I'm going turbo.
I'm wanna go for about 200 horsepower.
I'm going to need your help to do this once and do it right, help me out D-Series fam.

Parts i already got.
RC310 Injectors but might get IN400
Edelbrock IM
NGK 4554 plugs
Chipped p28
Ostrich & Burn2 Crome Gold
Raywire jumper harness
Innovate A/F gauge

Parts i need.
Intercooler kit, 2.25" or 2.5"?
Wally 190 fuel pump?
Aem driflow filter
BOV, 1g dsm? Ebay knockoff ?
Go-autoworks hose kit?
D17 clutch?
Dyno tune.

What y'all think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-38-14_1473522270486.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	113049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-38-23_1473522311663.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	113057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-38-31_1473522326936.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	5.6 KB
ID:	113065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-38-44_1473522345119.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	113073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-39-04_1473522360069.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	113081  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2016-09-10-10-39-50_1473522381479.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	113089  

Last edited by StuckInTexas; 09-10-2016 at 10:15 AM.
StuckInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

This a new kit? Greddy quit making these kits 10+ years ago.

For that low power level, use the 2.25" charge pipes. Small intercooler will work fine., No need to get a huge FMIC where you have to cut the bumper.. Mishimoto Z line or similar is fine. Do yourself a favor. Weld up as much as the piping yuo can and use only a few couplers where you can take it apart. this reduces chance of boost leaks.

Save for a proper BOV. The smaller TurboSmart ones work great at low boost. HKS knock offs leak, Well, most knock offs are garbage and leak.

If your clutch is old, then the Exedy OEM replacement will work fine for these power goals. Ive seen many builds with this clutch with double the engines OEM power. If you get greedy down the road and want more power, than you will need a better clutch.

Next look into a NepTune Demon RTP or Hondata for tuning. The old burn to a chip tune is archaic and you will need to get back to a tuner many times.

You still need:

Wideband - MTX-L is cheap
Oil Pressure gauge
Boost gauge

ProSport gauges are cheap and reliable and come with a great warranty.

I cant read the tiny pics you posted.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 09:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Get
bigger injectors.

Tune it

The part plug part number looks wrong. i believe its 4644 nkg 7

intercooler IN/OUT size isnt going to matter with this setup. Most kits will do a 2 ot 2.25 cold side and 2.5 hot side.

190 or 250 fuel pump will work. Make sure you get the correct sock for your car.

Aem air filter isnt needed but if you want it get it.

Most ebay BOV will work just fine.

hose kit??? are you talking about oil lines? If so you can go go autoworks or other.

clutch is all up to you. I had a stage 2 clutch. Dont remember the brand.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 9 v4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to allv4lu3s is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

i helped my buddy put a used greddy kit in his hatch a few years ago. very similar setup to yours though he had invested in a built bottom end as he planned on a larger turbo later. it was a very fun car to drive. the info the other two guys have shared is good stuff as well, pretty much in agreement with all of it.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 7 StuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the communityStuckInTexas  is accepted as part of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
This a new kit? Greddy quit making these kits 10+ years ago.

For that low power level, use the 2.25" charge pipes. Small intercooler will work fine., No need to get a huge FMIC where you have to cut the bumper.. Mishimoto Z line or similar is fine. Do yourself a favor. Weld up as much as the piping yuo can and use only a few couplers where you can take it apart. this reduces chance of boost leaks.

Save for a proper BOV. The smaller TurboSmart ones work great at low boost. HKS knock offs leak, Well, most knock offs are garbage and leak.

If your clutch is old, then the Exedy OEM replacement will work fine for these power goals. Ive seen many builds with this clutch with double the engines OEM power. If you get greedy down the road and want more power, than you will need a better clutch.

Next look into a NepTune Demon RTP or Hondata for tuning. The old burn to a chip tune is archaic and you will need to get back to a tuner many times.

You still need:

Wideband - MTX-L is cheap
Oil Pressure gauge
Boost gauge

ProSport gauges are cheap and reliable and come with a great warranty.

I cant read the tiny pics you posted.

Its a used kit. 92-95 i believe

Ill look into that Z line. Was thinking ebay.. Hairspray before putting on the couplers i heard works. Maybe better t clamps just in case.

Thanks for the tip, ill research the turbosmart ones.

I read the d17clutches have more clamping power so i should be fine right? Idk how one my clutch is but it feels great. Kinda stiff.

I forgot to put what tunning i have already. Never tuned myself but i have a tuner out here that is highly recommended

Thx i had a glowshift pressure gauge but sold it. The kit comes with a sunpro boost gauge and AEM wideband but i already have the MTX-L.

Idk why they look so small lol theyre big up on my phone.

Last edited by StuckInTexas; 09-10-2016 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Get
bigger injectors.

Tune it

The part plug part number looks wrong. i believe its 4644 nkg 7

intercooler IN/OUT size isnt going to matter with this setup. Most kits will do a 2 ot 2.25 cold side and 2.5 hot side.

190 or 250 fuel pump will work. Make sure you get the correct sock for your car.

Aem air filter isnt needed but if you want it get it.

Most ebay BOV will work just fine.

hose kit??? are you talking about oil lines? If so you can go go autoworks or other.

clutch is all up to you. I had a stage 2 clutch. Dont remember the brand.
I might get a bademap from xercon to drive it to the tuner or try to RTP it myself on crome to get there. It will be dyno tuned tjo.

Yea oil line kit my bad. It only comes with the feed.

Will the stock pump be okay?
Old 09-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I would definitely get larger injectors than 310cc, I ran 525cc on my 222whp 177tq civic. Fuel pump is up to you 190lph is cheap but i ran a stock fuel pump (i can only assume with 175xxx miles on it).i have a for sale thread if you want injectors or possibly my p06 with demon 2/neptune and bluetooth

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 khmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the community

i ran the 19T kit stock with intercooler an rs dump greddy e-manager 310cc. stock it was like 10psi and it was faster than ep3 and s2000 in a streight line, so about 200hp but more torque than a type-r 15g is alot smaler. all on stock motor alot of fun, but soon you build the motor because you want more my kit is maxed out at 300whp now
ITR Calipers ,Rear Disc, EBC Blue Stuff Pads.
299.2WHP on a Greddy kit

khmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in