Getting too much fuel, won't start diagnosis. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Misease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to Misease
Default Getting too much fuel, won't start diagnosis.

Alright guys I'm going to try to include as much information as I can as I'm kind of stumped and disheartened that I keep having issues. My car is a y7/z6 mini me. Vitara/p2p rods, stock z6 head, gt28r edelbrock turbo kit. hondata s300, fid 1000cc, wally 255, golden eagle fuel rail, AFPR.

So the issue I'm having is I'm obviously getting way too much fuel, I can crank and crank and car spits and sputters like it's about to start but just pours black smoke from the downpipe. I pulled the plugs and they're soaked with fuel. I cranked engine without plugs in to get rid of fuel and cylinders and cleaned plugs off. Put plugs back in and got it to fire for about 2 seconds before it died, back to the same issue of just flooding it with fuel. Timing is like dead on (thought i was a tooth off at first) & getting excellent spark.

Issues I know i'm facing already that may be part of the reasoning

IAT sensor isn't hooked up (need to convert plug on harness to work)

PCV system still not plumbed (converted to AN hose and haven't got a catch can yet)

TPS may not be calibrated right

I don't think this is an issue but I will include it. I converted my hardline to AN fitting with a certain compression fitting and my new fuel line bypasses fuel filter and goes straight to the rail.

Although I don't think these issues would be causing this much of a problem with fuel. So I'm not sure if something may be wrong in hondata. I have a no name 3 bar off ebay so I picked a random 3 bar that was already configurated in hondata, like i said don't know what could be causing the issue.

Something seems to be configured wrong and not exactly sure what and where to start as this is the first time ever messing with s300.

Sorry for rambling on all help is appreciated as I try to track down this issue.
Misease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2016, 04:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

start with getting the iat hooked up you silly goose ,or disable the enrichment for now if you are even sillier .

and make sure the map sensor you have is what you think it is.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 04:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....

Has this combination ever run before or is this your first attempt to get it running in this configuration?

What map are you using to try and get this running? Have you tried pulling fuel out of the table?

Old 09-01-2016, 07:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 Misease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enoughMisease will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Misease

First time ever trying to start this engine. I havemt pulled fuel from the tables simply because I used a basic y7 turbo basemap off hondata and added my parameters. Doesn't even have boost tables. I think I'm going to recheck all my settings later in hondata to see if maybe there is an error. Might even pull the hondata out of my other car to see if it's a possible ecu issue
Misease is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Have you at least told the Hondata you are running a 1000cc injector?
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

I suggest unplugging the injectors and distributor, and cranking motor over several times. have a laptop hooked to the s300 and watch for any rpm signals. test voltage and percentage of TPS.

grab a multimeter, test every sensor plug at the reference voltage wire (will be 5 volts usually, 4.8 is acceptable on some spots)

then by the time you have all that figured out, the chambers should be clear of gas, and possibly able to fire up

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Also put in a fuel filter, it is not impossible that you have injectors stuck open if you are running without one.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Have you put in all the spec for the injectors?
Not just change the cc size but fill in the dead times??

Also get a noid light to check the injector pusle.
Unplug the harnesses and put the light in one wirng then crank and watch the pulse

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 01:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Also put in a fuel filter, it is not impossible that you have injectors stuck open if you are running without one.
filter should be less than say 5psi drop if even mildly used.

lower pressure actually is easier for the injector to open.

Build what you have!

Old 09-01-2016, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!

but dirt can cause a injector to stick open ^^ filter helps with that, and if an 25 year old steel tank, probably loads of crap in it
Old 09-01-2016, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

oh hell yeah. Ive supercleaned the shit out of my civics tank with 2 full bottles of cleaner to 3-4 gallons of gas, and still occasionally get slow starts when under 1/8 tank.

going without filter is Grade A foolish. even if a purpose built race car

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in