Water Meth suggestions? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2016, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Water Meth suggestions?

Anyone on here running a kit with their boosted setups? Im still leary of E85, simply because of the inconsistencies, overall storage life and availability. I am leaning towards other options, which is why I am wondering if a water meth setup would be ideal for me? My goal is 375whp... I am currently at 328whp at 23psi on my 50 trim Go auto setup. Any pros and cons to running one?
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2016, 10:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Are you maxxed out on pump gas and your timing? What about your internals?

Have you talked to your tuner to see if theres any more room?

Then he will suggest the H20 CH3OH kit if needed.

That tuner is not only your tuner, hes your consultant. You oaid for his services for a reason. My tuner leads me down the golden path if i have questions.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Esotericimage; 05-28-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

We run Aquamist kits on customer cars where I work. It injects progressively based on injector duty cycle and MAP sensor. Has multiple failsafes built in, flow sensor, etc.

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esotericimage View Post
Are you maxxed out on pump gas and your timing? What about your internals?

Have you talked to your tuner to see if theres any more room?

Then he will suggest the H20 CH3OH kit if needed.

That tuner is not only your tuner, hes your consultant. You oaid for his services for a reason. My tuner leads me down the golden path if i have questions.
Ill ask... but being im up at that high of a boost level, I cant imagine I have a lot of room to grow, at least reliably anyway...
Old 05-29-2016, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired From Hondas

Rep Power: 37 Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Esotericimage is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I havent plotted the compressor map.. I think these turbos can handle 400hp, but every situation is different.
People try so hard to be unique, they lose their sense of style

Esotericimage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

Man seriously I would avoid meth if you can go with e85. The inconsistencies aren't that bad. As long as you are between 70-90% ethanol, you are good to go. I've had water meth injection, far more variables that could go wrong vs e85.

Btw, isn't 93 pump capable of your new goal?
Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Man seriously I would avoid meth if you can go with e85. The inconsistencies aren't that bad. As long as you are between 70-90% ethanol, you are good to go. I've had water meth injection, far more variables that could go wrong vs e85.

Btw, isn't 93 pump capable of your new goal?
Meaning I could get to the power level on 93? Idk, I feel it wouldn't be very reliable if I increased the boost more. I did talk to my tuner yesterday and he convinced me to go E-85... I think what I will end up doing is running a E-85 tune when the ethanol is tested to at least 83-85. In my area it is usually around late June, early July. I have a tester to check it as well. Then after winter, I will run a E-70 tune. This way I will be able to have a tune which had safely adapt to the change in ethanol from season to season. I am still running crome, so I will just have to swap chips.... It seems like a little running around, but it will be safest this way.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Just get the ethanol anylyzer
Old 06-02-2016, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Just get the ethanol anylyzer
instead of what? a regular testing tube? Im running crome and there is no flex fuel setting I believe I was told...
Old 06-03-2016, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 HondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like BoratHondaSteve smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I'm running an AEM V2 water/meth system with 93octane pump gas. It has worked well so far. I don't have E85 in my area and this way is far less expensive than race fuel.

But like Flip said, if you have E85 available there's no reason not to got with it. One less system to worry about.

00 ex coupe; 346whp/271wtq @21psi

Last edited by HondaSteve; 06-03-2016 at 01:08 PM.
HondaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSteve View Post
I'm running an AEM V2 water/meth system with 93octane pump gas. It has worked well so far. I don't have E85 in my area and this way is far less expensive than race fuel.

But like Flip said, if you have E85 available there's no reason not to got with it. One less system to worry about.
for sure.... Thank you for your input!
Old 06-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I don't know exactly why I am so against water injection .... I just cannot get it through my head that the only reason my car is not detonating is a little injector on my intake. I had aem water injection for a while.... you think you have to worry about e85? That stupid injection system is all I could think about when I was in high boost.

Last edited by Flip; 06-05-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Richardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I was running AEM Water/Methanol in my previous setup without issues. The car made 323 WHP - 290 torque @ 27 PSI with a 5431 PTE Precision Turbo. If you can go with E85 do it. It is the better option IMO. I was living in Venezuela and there aren't E85 and Race Fuel is very very expensive. Methanol injection was my best option. I'm living in Florida maybe try E85 in a future.
Precision 5431 Billet
1/4 mille @ 13.1 sec for now!!

Richardtuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2016, 03:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardtuning View Post
I was running AEM Water/Methanol in my previous setup without issues. The car made 323 WHP - 290 torque @ 27 PSI with a 5431 PTE Precision Turbo. If you can go with E85 do it. It is the better option IMO. I was living in Venezuela and there aren't E85 and Race Fuel is very very expensive. Methanol injection was my best option. I'm living in Florida maybe try E85 in a future.
27lbs? damn.... any head-lift issues at all? Im def leaning more towards E-85. There are stations surrounding me here in Minnesota...
Old 06-07-2016, 07:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 9 Richardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebodyRichardtuning is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
27lbs? damn.... any head-lift issues at all? Im def leaning more towards E-85. There are stations surrounding me here in Minnesota...
Without issues
Precision 5431 Billet
1/4 mille @ 13.1 sec for now!!

Richardtuning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2016, 03:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardtuning View Post
Without issues
I'm wondering how similar our turbos are in terms of peak psi efficiency. I would like to increase the boost when I tune on E85. I just want to find where the peak is, so i'm not blowing nothing but hot air... ha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in