JRSC Y8 Crank pulley vs stock - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Default JRSC Y8 Crank pulley vs stock

Anybody got a photo of the JRSC Y8 (3 RIB) Crank pulley or a photo of it next to a stocker?

Was there ever a 4 rib crank pulley produced by Jackson Racing?
d-serious is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2016, 09:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Pics are kinda shitty. Didn't have a Y8 pulley to compare with, mine is installed on my engine

No 4 rib pulley was ever produced

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2016, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

Must spread rep before spreading legs for Paterico again. I'm assuming this is the only version produced, and that it is spaced differently than stock? (closer to motor)

Old 03-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

There was this one and a "high boost" pulley that had the same offset but was a larger diameter.

And yes, the main belt drive is spaced closer to the engine

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-25-2016, 10:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
There was this one and a "high boost" pulley that had the same offset but was a larger diameter.

And yes, the main belt drive is spaced closer to the engine
Does yours have a part number on it by chance?
Old 03-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

051-423 is the high boost pulley

Discontinued and unavailable afaik but might be worth calling moss motors

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-28-2016, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
051-423 is the high boost pulley

Discontinued and unavailable afaik but might be worth calling moss motors
Looks like I received 051-247. 051-423 is out of stock. I got one of the last ones. I plan on creating this in solidworks to reproduce, what alterations would you make?
Old 03-28-2016, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Well, I would like to see a dampened pulley instead of a solid unit but that's unlikely.

Larger diameter would be the easiest thing.

I have all of the parts that are in demand to be reproduced...the upper alternator/idler bracket and the lower alternator bracket. If you're serious about reproducing either of these, let me know and maybe we can work something out for you to take measurements

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

unless you take care to lower the intkae temps a bit more, I would put a larger pulley on hold for the moment.

maybe a lunar core modified to work?

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I would like to see a dampened pulley instead of a solid unit but that's unlikely.

Larger diameter would be the easiest thing.

I have all of the parts that are in demand to be reproduced...the upper alternator/idler bracket and the lower alternator bracket. If you're serious about reproducing either of these, let me know and maybe we can work something out for you to take measurements
Appreciate this. Just saw your PM. Perhaps I can give you a deposit or something to spec them out. Moss has basically said what is in stock now will never be produced again (and is expensive).

I got one of the last new crank pulleys, and I'm trying to find the source of the idler pulleys. The idler bracket itself should be very easy to reproduce.

I want to ensure that there is at least a source to get these parts in the future. It seems like EVERYONE forgets to take off the idler bracket and crank pulley when they go to sell the kits, and right now it'd cost you ~$600 to get those few items from Moss while they last, this doesn't include the alternator bracket which seems to be sold out.

I have 3d printing capabilities too, so I can certainly send you prototypes to play with fitment on things if you're interested.

Adding a damper to the pulley may not be realistic, but do you think it's necessary considering you have the blower and accessories pulling against the pulley to potentially dissipate vibrations?

I think @bone would be a good person to ask. He is pretty dead-set on never running on a non-dampened pulley..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
unless you take care to lower the intkae temps a bit more, I would put a larger pulley on hold for the moment.

maybe a lunar core modified to work?
I can't do any complex casting projects like a modified blower housing for a lunar core, only reasonably-sized milled and lathed stuff (brackets, pulleys..)

But you bring up a valid point. Would it be worthwhile to just reproduce the crank pulley in stock diameter and then make the boost up by producing a small snout pulley?

Just how much boost can you get away with on the stock unit? It seems like some people here were running 10lbs/200whp without heat issues! I believe that is where the diameter of the crank should be. Right up to the point where heat becomes an issue.

Last edited by d-serious; 03-29-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

So like you've already said, the most commonly missed parts are the upper alternator bracket (the one with the idler pulleys), the lower alternator bracket (the modified JRSC version used for the Y7/Y8 kits), and the offset JRSC crank pulley.

There are other parts that are often missed that aren't required for make the kit work...stuff like the FMU, the pressure switch, the FPR relocation adapter, etc. which aren't worth worrying about.

For what it's worth, IAT temps really aren't all that big of an issue on the street where someone may do on occasional pull through a couple gears. I spin my supercharger at around 15,000 RPM which is beyond what it's rated for. Even with 100+ degree ambient temps and my intercooler pump off, I've only seen IATs at around 160 degrees Fahrenheit with normal street use. The stories you hear about catastrophic failures usually occur when someone is spinning the blower much faster and is autocrossing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-serious View Post
Just how much boost can you get away with on the stock unit? It seems like some people here were running 10lbs/200whp without heat issues! I believe that is where the diameter of the crank should be. Right up to the point where heat becomes an issue.
It's not at all about boost, it's all about the speed of the supercharger. Your exhaust setup and cam choice will play the biggest part in how much boost you see on the gauge. I've seen guys running similar blower speeds that read 10PSI on their gauges and I've only seen about 7.6PSI in my datalogs with my exhaust setup and cam choice. Less boost doesn't necessarily mean less horsepower but more boost always means more heat.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 03-30-2016 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
lex
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 lex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Boratlex smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I think only pieces missing from my ZC kit is this bracket thingymabob.
Did Y8 kits have similar?

988-041 S/C SUPPORT BRACKET KIT 2
051-083 BOLT, FLANGE, M10 X 1.25 X 20 1 pc
051-186 NUT, HEX FLANGE M8-1.25 1 pc
051-558 SPACER 21/64 X 1 X 0.75 1 pc
051-559 ADAPTOR, SUPPORT BRACKET 2 1 pc
051-560 BOLT FLANGED M8X45X1.25 12AF 1 pc
051-563 BRACKET, ENGINE TO S/C BRACE 1 pc
Old 03-31-2016, 05:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

They didn't include that on the other kits for whatever reason.

I've never seen one outside of that picture

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I think only pieces missing from my ZC kit is this bracket thingymabob.
Did Y8 kits have similar?

988-041 S/C SUPPORT BRACKET KIT 2
051-083 BOLT, FLANGE, M10 X 1.25 X 20 1 pc
051-186 NUT, HEX FLANGE M8-1.25 1 pc
051-558 SPACER 21/64 X 1 X 0.75 1 pc
051-559 ADAPTOR, SUPPORT BRACKET 2 1 pc
051-560 BOLT FLANGED M8X45X1.25 12AF 1 pc
051-563 BRACKET, ENGINE TO S/C BRACE 1 pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss Motors
051-560 BOLT,HEX FLANGE,M8 X 1.25 X 45 $1.99
051-558 SPACER .328 X 1 X 0.75 $11.99
051-083 BOLT,HEX FLANGE,M10 X1.25 X 20 $1.99
051-186 NUT,HEX FLANGE, M8 X 1.25 $0.99

The rest are out of stock

This piece would be very easy to reproduce -- even in small quantities, but is there evidence that it is needed and there would be ANY demand? If you want one, just take some measurements of the bar length and I can have one waterjetted.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

I've never heard of a manifold cracking and none of the kits aside from the ZC kit mention this as a part. The earlier version of the CCW M45 had a mount cast into the case for this bracket:

This was from a blower that was from the original "Sebring" branded kit. My guess is that this was an early design idea that was later scrapped because it was deemed unnecessary

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 03-31-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
-TJ
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 -TJ is learning the way of the D-TJ is learning the way of the D

Quote:
I've never heard of a manifold cracking and none of the kits aside from the ZC kit mention this as a part. The earlier version of the CCW M45 had a mount cast into the case for this bracket:

This was from a blower that was from the original "Sebring" branded kit. My guess is that this was an early design idea that was later scrapped because it was deemed unnecessary
I have that kit - 18 years and still going. Also have the 1/4" steel support.
-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

What are you getting wet?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustable Damper.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	105282  
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 07:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

Hey,

I located a z6 manifold/blower cheap. Missing everything that I planned on reproducing..

Are the z6 and y8 kit snouts the same? Would it just be a matter of getting rid of the 4 rib pulley for a 3 rib pulley to get the drive belts to line up? Or are the snouts different or something like that? Effectively, is a z6 blower with a y8 snout pulley identical to a y8 blower?
Old 04-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

Just joined this site so I could follow this thread. I have a Jackson kit I traded an old civic for. Does anyone have an exploded assembly illustration?
Bdonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2016, 07:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

Welcome aboard. Sell me your kit

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jrscy8.jpg
Views:	1729
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	105834  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in