Bosch EV14 injectors for D16 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Bosch EV14 injectors for D16

So I'm almost done with my build. Now I need more fuel for my setup (running stock 240cc right now).

After much of a research I came into conclusion that the Bosch EV14 injector is the best injector for the money, and fighting head to head with the Injector Dynamics.

Many people recommend buying it from deatschwerks, as they're selling genuine injectors, flow matched within 2% and comes with a flow test sheet.

The only problem I'm facing is that in their site mentioned that this injector comes with 14mm o-ring inlet, and as I know the honda fuel rail is 11mm. Is there anything I'm missing here?

This injector can be either found on ebay, matched for civic, but the weird thing is that the seller don't want to send me a picture of the injector label, in order to prove me that it isn't a fake.

Deatsch werks link - Long (60mm EV14) : 78lb (800cc) Fuel Injectors | DeatschWerks

Ebay link - Honda Acura Bosch 750cc EV14 Fuel Injectors OBD2 B D H F Series Civic Integra | eBay

Any thoughts are welcome.
Front big intercooler
Ebay turbo T3/T4 - A/R 50. boost ~ 0.5 bar
TIAL wastegate
Ebay Exhaust manifold + 2.5" straight pipe
Turbo Ibiza muffler
Greddy type s BOV
P28 street tuned
RC550 injectors
S20 B000 tranny
JRSC_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2016, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Pm hiprofile, he sells injectors
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2016, 12:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

As said ^ hoprofile.

But what your needing are injector tophats.
I had them when i ran rdx injectors for my first turbo setup.
Get a set and all should be good. I dont know the lenght so not sure if spacers are needed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

his website is
Injector Nation
good stuff
Old 03-19-2016, 07:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Most sellers wont' send a picture because they don't want to spend the time or they think you're trying to steal their p/n's. What to look for is the laser etching. Bosch laser-etches the p/n and serial numbers onto the body, as well as onto the lower stainless section. Instead they'll forget about the SS section and silkscreen numbers onto the body only. Other than that you have to test them & look at the flow. Fakes have spray patterns that vary wildly from injector to injector.

Regarding the 14mm bits, you'll need tophat adapters as mentioned above. Bosch EV14 injectors are either reduced via the tophat or via machining a taller 14mm core to 11mm. I prefer the later, as there's 4 less o-rings to service or fail.

There is a member who just posted a used set of IN900's in the classified section. They may be on hold for a week or two since I'm going to clean & test them for him.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 01:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Hello, thanks for the detailed answer. So as I understand, a seller can change the injector stracture in order to suit his needs?
Anyone as any exprience with the ebay seller I mentioned above? Thanks.

Last edited by JRSC_D16; 03-20-2016 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

he didnt say anything about them changing the bosch design.

what he was pointing out was how to tella fake from a real one.

the fake ones are junk, worthless, pieces of crap that dont belong in anyone's motor

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2016, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

I just cant understand, how every seller have a different bosch ev14 design, different spray pattern etc. Is it how it gets out from factory? I couldn't find any relevant information even in bosch website.
Front big intercooler
Ebay turbo T3/T4 - A/R 50. boost ~ 0.5 bar
TIAL wastegate
Ebay Exhaust manifold + 2.5" straight pipe
Turbo Ibiza muffler
Greddy type s BOV
P28 street tuned
RC550 injectors
S20 B000 tranny
Old 03-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you are missing the point

there are FAKE bosch injectors out there. bosch has no part in their creation.

bosch themselves do not produce the entire injector. they buy the rights to use the case design, and put their own guts inside.

this is why you can find fakes that are a tenth of the price and one thousandth of the quality

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2016, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 thompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to allthompson335 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I have had good luck with using 2014 GT 500 fuel injectors and drilling out the stk fuel rail to make them fit. They are dual cone ev14 style injectors
DIY port and polished head
Garret TB03 60 Trim

Thompson335
thompson335 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSC_D16 View Post
If you want those injectors to fit a D-series, I should be able to make that happen.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRSC_D16 View Post
I just cant understand, how every seller have a different bosch ev14 design, different spray pattern etc. Is it how it gets out from factory? I couldn't find any relevant information even in bosch website.
The problem is they don't. Bosch simply offers a ton of sizes and various resellers simply order the injector they want. I believe ID actually did initiate the creation of the non-CNG 1600cc injectors, but they're also not exclusive to ID.

The reason why some modded injectors are listed 750cc, 850cc, etc despite identical p/n's is the way they get flow tested. Very few places do it right. The ASNU benches that nearly every smaller injector tester has is NOT designed well for very close matching/measuring. There are MANY factors that can vastly increase error, 99% of them depend on the user. Similar to how a Honda can be unreliable if you don't simple maintenance for 250k+ miles.

The biggest issue I have with the ASNU is that it relies 100% on volume. Bosch actually measures by weight, not volume. I measure w/in 1/2 a gram while the best 100ml tube lets you eyeball it w/in 1/2 ml - that's 7x the resolution when your specific gravity is in the 0.7 range. Larger injectors also fill 100ml very quickly (short test = less reliable), while I'm still +/- 0.5g past 700ml. In other words if you buy from someone who uses an ASNU bench, chances are they are not going to be matched all that well.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tape-R taper/driver

Rep Power: 17 LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!LowFlyin' is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
The reason why some modded injectors are listed 750cc, 850cc, etc despite identical p/n's is the way they get flow tested. Very few places do it right. The ASNU benches that nearly every smaller injector tester has is NOT designed well for very close matching/measuring. There are MANY factors that can vastly increase error, 99% of them depend on the user.
And that is one of the reasons we got rid of the "test-tube, visual" method.
'91 Civic Tape-R
'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD
'03 Astro AWD
LowFlyin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 sedrostyle has been punished by the users of d-series.org

I have a set of hiprofile 1000cc. Love them. Jeff is a awesome guy and you can't beat the prices.
sedrostyle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 6 STRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunnaSTRATTON is da #1 stunna

agreed, i have a set of HiProfile's 600cc inj with adapters to fit my obd0 plugs, couldnt be happier, swapped them in and tuned.

zero issues with them !

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 07:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

What is ev14 dual cone?
91hatchbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2016, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 Sac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow upSac*HXy5 is about to blow up

Sac*HXy5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in