D16z6 with Garrett tb2569 turbo question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2016, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D16z6 with Garrett tb2569 turbo question

A couple of day's ago i bought a brand new Garrett tb2569 turbo of a friend. Now i'm intrested to know if some one here ever used it to boost a stock d16z6?
Is this even a good turbo to use on a d16z6?

Here are the turbo specs:

54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Kind regards
Ferdinand
Ferdinand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Could be...but what are your plans?
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

If you limit it to 10psi, it's going to spool fast but not make much HP. A quick google search showed a 2.0L Saab making 240hp/245tq to the wheels with 18psi tapering to 13psi. You could probably make 15psi+ by 3500rpm given his 18psi by 2900 (he said spike, so could be sooner).

Anyways I know 2 people that used some IHI RBH5 turbos (smaller?), they had boost very early & made over 200hp. They said it was the most fun DD they ever had, but not the fastest Honda.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

find a compressor map and learn to read it. youre limited to 200hp due to the stock rods.
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

I would say it's better than a lot of turbos people pick for a stock D16 but, I've had a t2554 and t2560 (both BB) and you could go smaller for better boost response like 14b....
Old 03-08-2016, 09:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
find a compressor map and learn to read it. youre limited to 200hp due to the stock rods.
It's almost like you know stuff about things.

My website:
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Could be...but what are your plans?
I dont really have plans with this turbo, i was more interested if any one ever ran this turbo on a d16 and what numbers it might put down.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I was not able to find the compressor map for this turbo, but are able to read it
Old 03-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
I would say it's better than a lot of turbos people pick for a stock D16 but, I've had a t2554 and t2560 (both BB) and you could go smaller for better boost response like 14b....
I did build a d16z6 with a gt1752 for a friend of mine, the turbo response is allmost instant it's fun to drive daily.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Garrett TB2569 (saab 900 94-)
54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Also found a compressor map from Garret for the Saab 900 turbo (TB2569)

The TB2569 turbochargers were used by SAAB on B204 (2.0 Liter) gas engines from 1994-2000. The compressor wheel is 54mm, 60 trim and is capable of flowing 28 lbs/min. The turbine wheel 53mm, 62 trim and is made of 713 INCO.

All of this means chinese for me at the moment but i'm trying to learn on the way.

Big Collection of Compressor Maps
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Garrett TB2569 (saab 900 94-)
54mm
60trim
.48 A/R (cold side)
.49 A/R (hot side)

Also found a compressor map from Garret for the Saab 900 turbo (TB2569)

The TB2569 turbochargers were used by SAAB on B204 (2.0 Liter) gas engines from 1994-2000. The compressor wheel is 54mm, 60 trim and is capable of flowing 28 lbs/min. The turbine wheel 53mm, 62 trim and is made of 713 INCO.

All of this means chinese for me at the moment but i'm trying to learn on the way.

Big Collection of Compressor Maps
Can you send me a link to the compressor map?
Old 03-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

I just fed you a big spoonful. hell, there is even a link in that quote.
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Here are graphs from my old Saab for reference.

The turbo spools, makes many boosts, and then falls flat on its face.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 07:55 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 CandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the community

haha looks like the dyno for a small, high rpm turbo diesel.
CandyRedRC46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I just fed you a big spoonful. hell, there is even a link in that quote.
Thanks, i did not saw the link with my phone!
Old 03-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0DazE View Post
Here are graphs from my old Saab for reference.

The turbo spools, makes many boosts, and then falls flat on its face.
Haha yes, not a turbo i would use... thanks for the map anyway
Old 03-16-2016, 05:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
Youre coming to that decision how? Based on that dyno?

Its a totally different engine, larger displacement and not designed to rev high. The cams in a D series are designed to operate up to 7k rpm, the powerband is going to looks totally different. Also, with less displacement, that choke point is not going to happen so low.

Look at the damn compressor map. You claimed that you know how to read one.

I would expect something more like this on a D16. This is a Mazda B6 with a gt2554:

That is fucking awesome for a stock bottom end. Just about fucking perfect.

If you cant see that, you are a typical street racer idiot. Go get a T3/T4 and shut the fuck up.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2016, 07:15 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
The dyno isn't as important as the second graph. As Full Tilt pointed out, it's a good turbo for a stock bottom d series. It will spool quickly, and give you a big mid range increase in power.

Full Tilt, the Saab engine was odd. The bottom end has a square bore (90mm bore and stroke), and the R/S wasn't bad. It should have been a higher revving motor, but the cam profile didn't seem to match what the bottom end could do.

I always thought a set of cams and a different turbo would have really opened up that engine, but that is neither here nor there.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2016, 07:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

I made 225hp on a t2554 ~16psi
And 245hp on a t2560 ~12psi

Closer to 270hp now on the t2560 ~ 18psi

My graphs looked pretty similar to the Mazda graphs, but had a lot more under the curve with the t2560
:Given on a built block w lots of work and a big exhaust
Old 03-17-2016, 10:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB turbo--> View Post
I made 225hp on a t2554 ~16psi
And 245hp on a t2560 ~12psi

Closer to 270hp now on the t2560 ~ 18psi

Shhh, you're going to make the t3t4 guys with 200whp cry!

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in