Street tire drag times - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2016, 02:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 jockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Street tire drag times

What are your best quarter or eight mile times on street tires or drag radals? So far my best is [email protected] with a 2.4 sixty on nangkang nsii. 26 psi of boost on that run but the car dynoed [email protected] psi. 2090 lbs with me in it. I'm not looking to go back to slicks anytime soon.
jockobo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2016, 07:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

12.8 at 118mph 1/4 mile.... on Neo-Gens

Power numbers at that time were 309whp/231tq and 20lbs of boost.

Last edited by MyblkVTEC; 02-20-2016 at 04:16 AM.
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 08:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 car_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

[email protected] on some worn out 185 snow tires. 16g on 17psi. Had to be around 300whp.

[email protected] with slicks on 14 psi. Good 60 wasnt the cleanest pass and the tires were too short.
91 hatch; stock internal z6, y7 cam swap, 5431 12.6psi, - [email protected]
2009 Infinity G37; [email protected]

07 R6s; slip on, k&n, Powercomander 3, Factory pro velocity stacks, Factory Pro +4 iginition [email protected]
car_freak66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

keel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the skykeel_hauled is about to kiss the sky

Numbers are cool. I never got into drag racing. I've always been into turning at slow speeds (autocross) but maybe one day straight line stuff could happen. Neat thread.
keel_hauled is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 10:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Thing I like about the street tire guys....they waste a half second of more just getting to that first 60 feet.

Then the chase to the stripe is on. They have to pedal the throttle to hook it up or worry about exploding an axle shaft.

With tiny 20x8x14 slicks I just launched on kill, 1.8 60', not wheel hop issues, parts lasted longer.

Customer?friend with 350-375 whp on sticky street tires...an no AAA Gold Card...

Third gear wheel hop...only wanted to run the "street" tires because he was too lazy to swap two tire at the track.

OP: with your "slow" ET and high trap speed, your gonna be needing a cage and even a chute/diaper soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

IMHO, nail the launch and everything after 330' is cake.

330' to 1320' numbers are consistent, just getting it out off the line is the hard part.

But what do I know, only been doing this drag thing off and on for 32+ years.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 04:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
IMHO, nail the launch and everything after 330' is cake.

330' to 1320' numbers are consistent, just getting it out off the line is the hard part.

But what do I know, only been doing this drag thing off and on for 32+ years.

you are 100% correct. My launch and 60ft seems to be the hardest part for me. Once I have that down, Ill be a lot better off
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 jockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enoughjockobo will become famous soon enough

Pretty good times. I used to be anti street tire for those reasons bone but going back and fourth all of last year between slicks and street tires I found trying to go faster on street tires was more fun. Right after I sold my slicks though I finally broke my first axle in 15 years of drag racing. I think it was a combination of being an old HF axle and not enough clutch slipping. Broke inside the boot.
Old 02-27-2016, 06:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Made it back to the track today. Pretty happy to break 130. Tires at 24 psi launching around 6k slipping the clutch through first and second. Also had boost at 13 psi in first and second with ten degrees of timing retard and the rev limiter at 6500. Up top boost was 25 psi with the rev limiter at 7600 for the first run and 7800 for the rest. Felt like the lower rev limit in second made it lag a little at the beginning of third. Felt really really slow coming off the line since I had to balance between putting power down and wheel hop. Had to back off in first on the last past because of it. Anything else I can try without buying anything new ? Car came in at 2220 pounds with tools behind the passenger seat.

Last edited by jockobo; 03-02-2016 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 BiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the DBiGrEd1011 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

this seems like a great thread so far! hopefully more people with slicks can chime in. I have been debating getting a set of slicks for track/street days.

BiGrEd1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2017, 05:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

A little update I got back to the track at the end of the year with some M&H 205/60/13 bias ply dot tires. I turned the boost down to 20 psi since it started to cause issues with the over flow at 25 psi. Tires were at 8 psi.

Over the winter I broke the shift fork in fifth gear so i went from an Si tranny to a DX tranny which hopefully keeps the car in the sweet spot up top. Looking to run the 11.50 index at Ifo in may.

https://youtu.be/aysWLnkFW8I

Last edited by jockobo; 03-19-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

Nice kill!
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

8.0 pass in the 1/8th on Neo Gens. 2000lb hatch on low boost. Beat a Z06 on that pass though! LOL

8.64 pass on the same track in my DD '06 Lexus IS350 on BFG KDWs.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in