1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt stainless steel fiting - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2016, 06:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default 1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt stainless steel fiting

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 1/8 bspt to 1/8 npt fitting? I bought a oil line kit from stealthmode a few years ago and while inspecting it last night this fitting seems to have not been included.

I checked go-autoworks but the one they have is goldish so im assuming its brass. Also the ones on ebay loom like stainless but in the description it says brass, and im trying to avoid breakage.

Obe last question, i plan to run the adapter off the block to a T that i will install the oem sensor into and then i have a line that will run to another T on the firewall that will feed the turbo and mechanical gauge. Will i have any problems running all this off the same port? If someone has an idea for a different set up pease share!
honduh666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2016, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
-TJ
D-series lover

Rep Power: 16 -TJ is learning the way of the D-TJ is learning the way of the D

McMaster-Carr
search "bspt-to-npt pipe fitting adapters"
-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 06:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Have fun spending $30 on the adapter.

You can use just use a 1/8" NPT tee. Wrap the oil pressure sensor with 4-6 rounds of thread sealing tape and just screw it into the 1/8" NPT port on the tee. It'll seal just fine and if it doesn't just use a little more tape.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer

Last edited by Paterico; 01-28-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 06:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Block to fitting, fitting to line, then T mounted on the firewall.
Should be fine.
The fittings noemally break due to the weight and vibrations on the threads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 07:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 honduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatnesshonduh666 is approaching greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TJ View Post
McMaster-Carr
search "bspt-to-npt pipe fitting adapters"
Thanks! Ill make an order tonight after i get off this public wifi at work! +1 to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paterico View Post
Have fun spending $30 on the adapter.

Brass is fine, no need for stainless.

You can use just use a 1/8" NPT tee. Wrap the oil pressure sensor with 4-6 rounds of thread sealing tape and just screw it into the 1/8" NPT port on the tee. It'll seal just fine and if it doesn't just use a little more tape.
After reading through a few threads the extra few bucks is worth the peace of mind. Thanks for the tip about the sensor into the npt T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Block to fitting, fitting to line, then T mounted on the firewall.
Should be fine.
The fittings noemally break due to the weight and vibrations on the threads.
Thanks. I think what i might try to do is run my "firewall" line right off the adapter and then T off the firewall line so ill have 3 ports right on the firewall. Smart or stupid? I figure this way i wont have to worry about breaking anything when changing my filter.

Last edited by honduh666; 01-28-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

You can.

The way i did all this was use a sandwhich plate.
1 AN line from the fitting.
To a an AN gauge in line gauge fitting. (An male on each end and a 1/8 ntp in the middle)

Theb another AN line after this adapter to the turbo.
If i have to change the oil sending unit itsneasy to get to.
If i have to do turbo work, i can easyily disconnect the feed an remove the turbo. Even got an AN plug incase i have to run without the turbo.

But to each his own. There is more then one way to skin a cat.

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Mcmaster 4860K141 for $5, McMaster-Carr

It's brass, but who's going to be looking behind there? Keep in mind most SS fittings are considered low pressure while most brass fittings are good for far more pressure. I'm not sure why, that's just how it is. Just don't crank the fitting when using teflon. It reduces friction enough where you can easily over-tighten it to the point of the block cracking. IIRC Honda actually uses Hondabond for those threads, so that's probably the better option if you have the genuine sealant.

All my future motors will have the port enlarged to 1/4" NPT to avoid stacking adapters.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I got one from china on ebay was 2.50$ free shipping but it was aluminum
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
You can.

The way i did all this was use a sandwhich plate.
1 AN line from the fitting.
To a an AN gauge in line gauge fitting. (An male on each end and a 1/8 ntp in the middle)

Theb another AN line after this adapter to the turbo.
If i have to change the oil sending unit itsneasy to get to.
If i have to do turbo work, i can easyily disconnect the feed an remove the turbo. Even got an AN plug incase i have to run without the turbo.

But to each his own. There is more then one way to skin a cat.
So are you running the Sensor for the cluster light in its OEM position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Mcmaster 4860K141 for $5, McMaster-Carr

It's brass, but who's going to be looking behind there? Keep in mind most SS fittings are considered low pressure while most brass fittings are good for far more pressure. I'm not sure why, that's just how it is. Just don't crank the fitting when using teflon. It reduces friction enough where you can easily over-tighten it to the point of the block cracking. IIRC Honda actually uses Hondabond for those threads, so that's probably the better option if you have the genuine sealant.

All my future motors will have the port enlarged to 1/4" NPT to avoid stacking adapters.
I don't care about how it looks I just thought that the brass would be weaker, but I had no idea about ss being lower pressure. I think I'll take your advice next time I have the block apart and tap for a larger size, thanks!
Old 01-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

buzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcanobuzzbomb is hot as a volcano

I bought 4 from an airbrush supply place several years ago. stainless steel not brass. less than $10 with shipping.
I'll look to see if i can find where.

funny because I buy oil lines and fittings from a place that makes their own but didn't have that size fitting.
sandwich plate and stealthmode fitting both leaked for me.

00 dx coupe with lowering springs, integra brakes, and boosted d16z6!
Quote:
Also, get the fuck out of my thread, you 5th gen pussy.
J.M. Maclean, deployed 3-29-2013 to Afghanistan.
Returned 9-22-2013.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Cheap SS fittings are almost always made from cast SS (brittle), while most brass fittings are from billet stock unless it's a larger fitting. Forged SS fittings can be stronger, but they cost a LOT more because of the extra expense of machining them. In any case, the brass is probably going to be stronger than the aluminum block.

As far as using a sandwich plate, 98% of them feed the turbo non-filtered oil. You want to make sure it's feed from the center hole, not the outer holes. The plate made by G.E. feed filtered oil from the center hole.

Old 01-28-2016, 01:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

FWIW, I was referring to the 1/8" BSPT female to 1/8" NPT male being $30. This is what would allow you to screw the OEM oil pressure gauge into the NPT tee.

The BSPT threads are very similar to NPT and will thread in far enough that it will seal well with sealing tape or Hondabond.

But certainly, do what you think is right, I just couldn't justify the $30 fitting for some reason

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

$17 for a 1/8" BSPT tap, although it was cheaper when i bought it.

McMaster-Carr

You can re-form the threads on a decent tee, or if you have 1/4" holes then make your own 1/4" npt to 1/8" bushing using a 1/4" npt hex plug.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 16 TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!TheToaster is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Wtf Guys,

6.99 Shipped.

1 8 27 NPT Female to 1 8 BSPT Male Gauge Sensor Sender Thread Adapter Reducer | eBay

If you are worried about running the idiot light, you are wasting your time. Throw it away.

Heres this if you HAVE to have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-8-BSPT-Oil...FUwDo8&vxp=mtr

Last edited by TheToaster; 02-02-2016 at 10:53 PM.
TheToaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToaster View Post
If you are worried about running the idiot light, you are wasting your time. Throw it away.
Seriously??

automatic Crx [email protected]
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2016, 05:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

We have a kit coming out very soon that will allow you to have all your oil feeds fed from one specific location ( remote location off the block ) . We were sick and tired of having to deal with not only sandwich plates, but that t fitting at the back of the block. At times you could have 3-4 potential oil leaks back there and if you ever tried to get back that, its not easy.

Our kit will also eliminate the need for a sandwich plate ( for the ls/vtec guys ) and will also have an option an oil pressure sensor that can be tracked through guys running hondata s300 setups.
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in