turbo oil feed questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2016, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
needs a D

Rep Power: 16 b20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to b20vtec Send a message via Yahoo to b20vtec
Default turbo oil feed questions

Does any one know if the ebay oil feed lines are 3 an or 4 an? You guys know the lines that look like this I believe they have one end that is 1/8npt and another that is 4an.

My next question is, I am using a adaptor from the oil sensor port on the block to the oil feed line. The adaptor has what looks to be a 2mm opening inside of it. Would this cause a restriction of oil to the turbo?
Thanks for any imput.
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2016, 10:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I believe most common is -4 an but you should be able to find any size and length you need on ebay. What type of turbo are you running, oil or water cooled? If it's water cooled you need a restrictor to reduce oil pressure to the turbo.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by b20vtec View Post
Does any one know if the ebay oil feed lines are 3 an or 4 an? You guys know the lines that look like this I believe they have one end that is 1/8npt and another that is 4an.

My next question is, I am using a adaptor from the oil sensor port on the block to the oil feed line. The adaptor has what looks to be a 2mm opening inside of it. Would this cause a restriction of oil to the turbo?
Thanks for any imput.
if anything -4 is too large without a restrictor. im running 3/16 line and that will be more than plenty for my turbo setup. your oil flow is dictated by your smallest fitting/hose in the run.

Some have gotten lucky running -4 and nothing else, others swear by .030 restrictors. I havent been lucky with straight 1/4 hose and fittings and depending on how large that 1/8 fitting ID is it may be larger than the hose meaning you might need a screw in restrictor like this> Cxracing GT25 GT28 GT35 T25 Copper Turbo AN4 Oil Feed Restrictor Fitting Inlet | eBay

Assuming your using an ebay turbo setup i would try it without a restrictor first and if you seem to be getting oil blown past the seals, throw a restrictor in there.

Last edited by cervan; 01-17-2016 at 12:24 AM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 07:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

How about you ask you the seller. If they dont know then dont but from them.

The best thing to get tho is an an fitting to ntp and some brake lines

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
needs a D

Rep Power: 16 b20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunnab20vtec is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to b20vtec Send a message via Yahoo to b20vtec

I actually already have the line on my car going to a oil pressure gauge. I have had it laying around my garage for a couple years, it came from one of those generic ebay turbo kits. So I have no idea who the seller is. Is there a way to measure it to see what -an its close to? Also would my 1/8 bspt adaptor to 1/8 npt cause an oil restriction? The hole looks to be about 2mm
b20vtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in