Dynoflow VT - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 01:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Lyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Lyle_57IAL
Default Dynoflow VT

Hey guys,

Currently trying to make my car a little more enjoyable to drive by reducing vibration and drone.

currently using a 3" exhaust with a enforce muffler and would like to improve on this. I have been doing some reading on the dynoflow VT - but i am concerned about vibrations and rattling - anyone have any first hand experience?

Cheers
Lyle_57IAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2016, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Are those the ones with the moving damper inside the muffler? I wouldnt want any exhaust restrictions, do you have any resonators in your system? If not add an 18" and a 12" or two 18" would make a nice difference

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Straight thru design like this? DynoMax® VT? - Centered / Centered Muffler - P/N: 17962 - DynoMax® Performance Exhaust

I could see the benefits of no drone but I usually can not justify cost of these for myself.

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 06:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 CandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the community

There are a billion reports of those mufflers failing and rattling after 6-12 months. The spring and valve mechanism isn't very reliable.
CandyRedRC46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedRC46 View Post
There are a billion reports of those mufflers failing and rattling after 6-12 months. The spring and valve mechanism isn't very reliable.
Could you please provide your sources? I did a check on the "googles" and a search for "VT muffler fail" only produced .5 million results. The first few I read did not specifically reference the muffler failing.
grayzee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 car_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eaglecar_freak66 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

I had one on my all motor set up and loved it. It would rattle at idle but and idle speed adjustment would have taken car of it. Sold it to a friend who put it on a built na b and its pretty quiet on it too. Still rattles at idle. I would buy one again for a dd
91 hatch; stock internal z6, y7 cam swap, 5431 12.6psi, - [email protected]
2009 Infinity G37; [email protected]

07 R6s; slip on, k&n, Powercomander 3, Factory pro velocity stacks, Factory Pro +4 iginition [email protected]
car_freak66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 grayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebodygrayzee is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_freak66 View Post
I had one on my all motor set up and loved it. It would rattle at idle but and idle speed adjustment would have taken car of it. Sold it to a friend who put it on a built na b and its pretty quiet on it too. Still rattles at idle. I would buy one again for a dd

Jared's DynoMax VT Rattle Fix - E46Fanatics

automatic Crx [email protected]
Old 01-14-2016, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
Are those the ones with the moving damper inside the muffler? I wouldnt want any exhaust restrictions, do you have any resonators in your system? If not add an 18" and a 12" or two 18" would make a nice difference
^^ this

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 03:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
^^ this
I tried that on my turbo crx. Although it made a slight difference it still had drone. If I were to start over I would consider the VT.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:09 AM   #10 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I have no issues with my turbo d16y8 besides being a little loud at times, it has a nice tone and no drone or rasp and I only have a vibrant muffler and 18" vibrant resonator, some day if I feel like spending more money and cutting/welding my exhaust again I will buy another 18" vibrant to reduce the noise a little more

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 05:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 5 CandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the communityCandyRedRC46  is accepted as part of the community

pro tip:

turbo's can reduce exhaust noise levels, especially at low throttle/rpm.
Old 01-15-2016, 06:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
pro tip:

turbo's can reduce exhaust noise levels, especially at low throttle/rpm.

Reduce yes, make it sound like stock? No.

I strive to make my modified car as quiet as possible.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)

Varex Mufflers

Here, strive away.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
92CXyD is hot as a volcano92CXyD is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Varex Mufflers

Here, strive away.
Yeap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqbS6Md5Y5o

Quote:
ENMO.

An Emo car would cut its own tires and never get out of the garage.
92CXyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm liking it more and more.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Varex Mufflers

Here, strive away.
Meh, too expensive.

Old 01-15-2016, 12:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 Lyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like BoratLyle_57IAL smells like Borat
Send a message via MSN to Lyle_57IAL

I guess there are 3 options

Exforce Varex - Prefered option
Con - it is a HUGE muffler and there is struggle fitting this on the EG hatchback in the 3" option

Dynoflow VT
Con - common issue with rattling and

Inline 3" valve
Con - Possible issues with back pressure and EGT's
Lyle_57IAL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in