Subaru WRX Denso 440CC to 720CC mod - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Subaru WRX Denso 440CC to 720CC mod

Hey guys,
I heared that some people cut off the restrictor if this injector, and it makes it flow like a 720CC injector. Those injectors fits also in civic.

Someone here tried it and has some thoughts?
Front big intercooler
Ebay turbo T3/T4 - A/R 50. boost ~ 0.5 bar
TIAL wastegate
Ebay Exhaust manifold + 2.5" straight pipe
Turbo Ibiza muffler
Greddy type s BOV
P28 street tuned
RC550 injectors
S20 B000 tranny
JRSC_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2015, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've done it on newer bosch injectors , so I can't say anything about the denso ones.

It is a good idea to get a matched set that has been tested for flow...

I only use uncapped injectors cuz I'm a hack and don't care what others say about these methods.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2015, 07:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

They are used all the time in Subarus. It really doesn't seem to have any major adverse affects. Not ideal I would imagine, but it works.

I haven't seen anyone post spray patterns post mod though.

I very well may be speaking out of my ass here, but I think that decapping and flow matching OEM injectors is pretty much what DeatschWerks does with their Subaru injectors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snm95ls View Post
They are used all the time in Subarus. It really doesn't seem to have any major adverse affects. Not ideal I would imagine, but it works.

I haven't seen anyone post spray patterns post mod though.

I very well may be speaking out of my ass here, but I think that decapping and flow matching OEM injectors is pretty much what DeatschWerks does with their Subaru injectors.
8 years ago, yes, but nowadays it's all bespoke stuff
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....snm95ls Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox_civic View Post
8 years ago, yes, but nowadays it's all bespoke stuff
Good deal. I do know that they still use OEM cores for a few of them as they offer trade ins.

snm95ls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2015, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....90dirtydsi It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

I did this once on a sti swapped bugeye wagon I built a few years ago. Worked fine for as long as the car was around.

RIP
90dirtydsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

JoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcanoJoelEspinoza is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Id be curious what the before and after spray pattern looked like.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....gtpilot is almost there....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelEspinoza View Post
Id be curious what the before and after spray pattern looked like.
...and the latency/dwell time on the injector flowing that much...
Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

It's sort of like the old-fashioned garden hose tip. They use a disc-style valve, so it creates a flame-shape then it separates into droplets. Not very efficient, and sometimes there's chatter that slightly alters the pattern.

The two big problem is it alters latency, albeit slightly, and there's a vast mis-match of flow. You could get them flow tested, but that almost defeats the purpose. Decapped Densos have a 15% spread between the largest & smallest, which is one reason I've avoided them in favor for Bosch.

IMO you are better off with a big fuel pump & adj. FPR to crank the fuel. Most builds won't even max them out at the D's 38-40psi fuel pressure.

HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 flat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropesflat_ is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Most likely the spray pattern is similar to these.

2002 ish camry injectors decapped, flowing 60lbs.

[URL=http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/wrenchrz/media/IMG_20130606_175657_zpsih5xyari.jpg.html]

I chose these to try because they resemble the subaru injectors on the out side,internally they may be different.

They flowed pretty close, I only used the 1 3 4 and 6.

[/URL]

I've been running them for two years at 10lbs of boost with the fuel pressure cranked a little to aid atomization, still doesn't idle vary well and I'm not a good tuner.

My next engine will be getting IN injectors.
flat_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in