Cam Sensor CEL with AEM FIC - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2015, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Cam Sensor CEL with AEM FIC

Hey all, after lurking for about a year I need to make my first post.. I have a D17a2 with a t25 turbo, running AEM fic with stock injectors in at the moment (I have 460cc injectors ready to be put in).. I'm sure the wiring is fine because at first I had my input/outputs mixed up.. All of that is fixed now but I keep getting the code for cam sensor(P0340), only when the fic is plugged in... I have tried soldering in 2.2k resistors on the cam wires with no luck.. The car runs perfect with bypass plugged in and throws no codes (except an O2 sensor thats not plugged in).. Anyone have suggestions?
Tra2daJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2015, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Post what wires you solder or did you have a pnp harness?

There are 2 different cam input/output on the fic.
8 know the 6th gen civic use the cam2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

I'm using a boomslang harness, and I'm using CAM2 HALI+ & HALO+, and same for crank.. I bought the boomslang used from a friend (had to wire the harness that came with fic too it), and the crank & cam sensor connections snapped off of the boomslang harness, so I just spliced them in off the factory harness.. The wires i soldered were the wires from the fic harness.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Cam and crank wires are cuts not slice.
From sensor to fic IN, from fic OUT to ecu.
Also on the ecu what pin did you use?
It sounds like a mix up wire.

*edit
Here is the diagram that should be use.

. RIP

Last edited by xile6; 11-24-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Yep that's the diagram I used & I made sure it was A26. And I fixed the ins/outs a last week. Maybe I should try just cutting? It's just kinda weird that it's running & driving fine with bypass, and even with fic plugged in its not throwing a crank sensor code
Old 11-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra2daJ View Post
Yep that's the diagram I used & I made sure it was A26. And I fixed the ins/outs a last week. Maybe I should try just cutting? It's just kinda weird that it's running & driving fine with bypass, and even with fic plugged in its not throwing a crank sensor code
Bypass harness and no FIC = no code
FIC using Boomslang harness = code

Right?
The Boomslang harness shouldn't have required any additional wiring by you, unless it was damaged.

I would double check the CAM POS wiring (needs to be on CAM2 HALI- and CAM2 HALO+). Also, xile is right; the OEM wire needs to be cut and not spliced. The cam signal should not go to the ECU without going through the FIC first.

Good luck!
btruong968 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Yeah that's right. I guess my friend cut off the part that plugged into the fic when he had it. It was pretty easy to wire to the harness provided with the fic using the pin out. & I have Hali+ spliced into harness with Halo+ going to ecu
Old 11-25-2015, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Yeah that's right. I guess my friend cut off the part that plugged into the fic when he had it. It was pretty easy to wire to the harness provided with the fic using the pin out. & I have Hali+ spliced into harness with Halo+ going to ecu
Post a pix or diagram.
Something your saying is being lost in the translation.

The halo + IN on the fic goes where?
The halo + OUT on the fic goes where?

Did you cut the cam sensor wire in half?

. RIP

Old 11-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
The halo + IN on the fic goes where?
The halo + OUT on the fic goes where?

Did you cut the cam sensor wire in half?
I used the same exact diagram that you posted. It shows CAM2 HALO+ (which im assuming is out, & its being plugged into ecu), then CAM2 HALI + (which broke off the boomslang harness, so its the one being spliced off the factory harness).. I didn't cut it in half, the boomslang i received had the wires that are normally plugged into fic cut off, so i had to wire it together with the harness that came in the box.. The boomslang had colored wires coming off the connectors that go into ecu (for injectors, map, cam, & crank) then the rest are on the other end that the stock ecu harness plugs into
Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Post a pic.
It kinda sounds like the input isnt hook up correctly.

The boomslang harness should be a jumper, with about 20ish wires coming off going to the fic.

So if the hali wire broke off the boomslang harness and you just tap it to the ecu.

So ecu -- boomslang -- oem wiring
|
Fic

So you tap the oem wiring for hali and then the halO was on the harness and goes to the ecu correct?

Also have you check to see if you have the correcot wire from the harness? Some have the same color.

Next what is the moldel number of the fic?
You could have the 96-00 one, which uses mag sensor.

. RIP

Old 11-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

Thats correct. And yeah i'm sure, I just checked it a second ago, A26 is pretty easy to find because its at the bottom of the connector. & the model# is 30-1911, ill go take a pic of it now
Old 11-25-2015, 04:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

30-1911 is for mag
30-1910 is hali

So you have the wrong fic.
It will not be able to read the sensor

. RIP

Old 11-25-2015, 04:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

But isn't it supposed to be for both being that the harness also has Cam2 magi & mago? If that's the case then why am i not throwing a code for crank and why would it run fine with bypass?
Old 11-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
But isn't it supposed to be for both being that the harness also has Cam2 magi & mago? If that's the case then why am i not throwing a code for crank and why would it run fine with bypass?
Crank isnt use for anything but miss fire.
Cam wire is used for sprak timing.
And no the wiring is the same but the sensor inside is different.
You can call up aem and ask them about it. I believe theu can convert it over for $75 to $100.

But yes the 1911 is for mag sensor and 1910 is for hall. And they wont work with the other.

. RIP

Old 11-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Well after reading the manual, i decided to try using CAM1 HALI & HALO and it is working fine now with no cam codes being thrown, and I can now rev past 3500k.. I guess that diagram is wrong.

I appreciate all the help though, I was ready to pull my hair out with this thing.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Well after reading the manual, i decided to try using CAM1 HALI & HALO and it is working fine now with no cam codes being thrown, and I can now rev past 3500k.. I guess that diagram is wrong.

I appreciate all the help though, I was ready to pull my hair out with this thing.
Make sure the fic can read the rpms and
Use a timing light and make sure the fic is really retarding the timing.

. RIP

Old 11-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Make sure the fic can read the rpms and
Use a timing light and make sure the fic is really retarding the timing.
Didn't have much time to mess with it today but i already calibrated it and it was reading fine, and I was following your tuning guide. ill give that a try before i take it to get tuned tuesday
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Update:
I was able to install my larger injectors and make a basemap to get to my tuner, and the car is running great now.. Just gotta change out my stock clutch because 4th is slipping lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
30-1911, aem fic d17 p0340

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in