Help D16z6 vitara new motor turbo don't hit boost??? basemap...vacuum ho? new engine - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Help D16z6 vitara new motor turbo don't hit boost??? basemap...vacuum ho? new engine

I just started my new d16z6 fresh build vitara t3t4 turbo. I got it to idle rev and all. for the first day. reves ok no high idle etc. without tany vacuum lines hooked up.

today I found a massive exhaust leak near the header turbo manifold exhaust valve. I fixed the leak valve issue I put a ring like adapter under the wastegate. ok.

also found the turbo wasn't spinning. I rev the engine also it dont' hit boost cuts off like about 3k-4k.

I hooked up the boost controller #1 to T with # 2 & #6
hooked up # 7 & # 5.

started engine engine engine idles hight like 1500rpm to 2k max.
I tightened plus the boost controller like almost 2 turns to max. the idle came back to regular almost like around 500 to 750rpm at engine idle.

Now the turbo fins starts to spin. wo hoo

but I rev the engine it seems to just rev like about 3k to 4k and the car don't hit boost.

I have a base map calibrated with s300p28 chipped ecu.
tune to 10psi and 550cc etc. fuelpump 255lph. map sensor
I don't drive it yet because I didn't yet install my cv axle and just start the vehicle in neutral.

ok what is the correct way to hook up my vacuum lines bov etc?
need help.

the problem is also at idle it cuts off 3k -4k ?
anyone would know?

please help me. I don't know what to really look for I am very now to this..

I POST A PICTURE DIAGRAM HOW MY HOSES NEEDS HELP TO HOOK UP?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img001.jpg
Views:	2156
Size:	622.9 KB
ID:	96610  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2015, 03:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

it needs a little more than a base map to run properly .

also your "don't hit boost" issue ,you won't see much psi unless you are driving and the car is under some load.
robgoof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

its one of three things:

-Big enough exhaust leak pre turbine housing that its acting like an open wastegate.
-your wastegate is open/leaking.
-your engine is being revved in neutral, thus there is no load and airflow is to low to sufficiently spool your turbo.

A typical t3/t4 wont start to spool until around 4k rpm WOT.
jbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I fixed the waste gate leak turbo manifold. it needed a special ring adapter out on under the flange. I mounted and the valve is now closed. No leaky also no leaky pipes turbo etc.

It's my first turbo setup also need help on the bov boost controller waste gates etc nipple vacuum hoses idk where they go I posted a pic if anyone can help me where to route them.

Does all t3t4 cut off at like 3k to 4 k at engine neutral idle? Wtf I'm new to this I see the bov opening and closing and don't see any boost building in the gauge it just cuts off like a rev limit. I can't even redline it at engine neutral why is that?
D-VXEG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 05:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

take it to a tuner. stop trying to kill it in the driveway.

Let me google that for you
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 06:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 atheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagleatheworld0 is fly like an eagle

Your motor won't build boost in neutral. It needs a load so it will only show positive pressure after driving. The bov operates with vacuum. So when you rev it and you basically go to 0 vacuume it will close by spring pressure, but once you let it go to idle it has enough vacuum to pull it open. As suggested, take it to a tuner so you don't waste all your money and blow it up.
atheworld0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Lol.......

Lmao......

You have to many post for this childish stuff.

You shouldnt be turboing without knowing how things work.

Just a few tips.

Its not a tune if you just download and loaded a map.
Its a basemap or better called a starting point for your tune.

Next , turbo need load in order to give out boost.
So no boost in N, hell most dont hit full boost in 1st.
So you either need a tiny palm turbo or a 5.0 13:1 comp

Next look up boost vac routing.
Its been said tons of times with tons of pix

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

First off, i know this is your first turbo build, your excited and want to see results ASAP. But try to take your time and think things through before brashly cobbling things together, on turbo builds this usually does not end well. I know this first hand.

if your idle is raising when you adjust your boost controller your wastegate is leaking, or it is hooked up improperly. No load boost will barely spool a turbo, let alone start building boost by just blipping the throttle (a properly sized turbo anyways).

Honestly, take the boost controller off and run just off the spring (IE: put the wastegate directly to the pressure side of the intake system IE: before the throttle body but after the turbo) then you can adjust from there once you get a baseline. Last thing you need is inconsistencies when attempting to tune the engine.

Last edited by cervan; 10-07-2015 at 09:55 PM.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2015, 10:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

and here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hurfdurf.jpg
Views:	3505
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	96650  
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in