Colt tri flow in zc dohc jrsc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2015, 07:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Blackrex is learning the way of the DBlackrex is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Colt tri flow in zc dohc jrsc

Anybody running colt tri flow cams in their zc dohc? I was thinking of upgrading and hear good things about these cams. The only concern I have is that I am running a jrsc and am not sure how these preform in a supercharged setup. Any jrsc guys running aftermarket cams. If so have you seen any improvements over stock? I maybe pissing in the wind here, I bet not many guys are running jrsc in a zc dohc.

thanks
Blackrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2015, 09:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

If you are worried about any sort of cams, you do have the option of getting adjustable cam gears and dialing out any excessive overlap.

I would imagine the tri-flows on a SC ZC Dohc setup would perform pretty damn well.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2015, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

I know the guy that did a lot of R/D with Geoff for the DOHC ZC cams, I guess I also happen to know Geoff pretty well, too. They are really good cams. And I can basically guarantee you will be VERY happy with how they perform.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 Blackrex is learning the way of the DBlackrex is learning the way of the D

Thanks guys for the replies, I'm really thinking of picking these up before I get my tune done. I don't think anyone makes cam gears for the zc dohc anymore, I know some guys use b series cam gears. I may try and contact these guys and see if they still carry the gears. JUN Auto Adjustable Camshaft Sprockets from Upgrade Motoring
Old 09-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

just grab a set of B series adjustables. Make sure you verify which B series they are for, not all are marked the exact same timing (as far as my limited knowledge tells me)

find The-acid-beaver on this site, and EMAIL him, not PM him. he is a zc dohc guy and wil be able to help you further.

He also knows quite abit about tuning them

Build what you have!

Old 09-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Golden Eagle cam gears. Best darn gears I've messed with to date. The exhaust came level mark will be off a tooth. BFD.

Yeah . . . I have probably tuned more ZCs this past decade than anyone else, at least on OBD0.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

What I would give to have two cams that I could independently adjust to help reduce overlap..

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2015, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

count the teeth on your factory gear it should be 32 teeth, 40 on the older zc
for the 32 tooth use B-series adjustables
for the 40 tooth use f series sohc 94+ accord adjustables just get 2 of them
just make sure to use a 5.5mm pin on the end cam cap to lock the cams in place, them install your belt, don't worry if the marks on the aftermarket cams are off, just stick with the pins and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 04:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

Great advice guys thanks. I think I have located Jun cam gears for the zc. I would really hope someone else could chime in if they have experience with the colt tri flow cams before I drop the hammer and send mine to colt.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

how are the JUN gears pricewise compared to the Golden Eagles? beaver isnt kidding when he puts out info. Hes talking indepth and extensive experience.

Im not in any way saying the JUN gears will be worst, better or same. I do not know.

Build what you have!

Old 09-15-2015, 05:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

The Jun gears are 160.00 and it looks like the golden eagle ones are also around 160.00 but are for the B series?? I'm not doubting the Beave knows what he is talking about, The reason I like the Jun gears is they are made specifically for the zc dohc.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Makes sense. I didnt realize they still made gears specifically for the ZC Dohc's

Build what you have!

Old 09-15-2015, 03:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

The ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE EXHAUST CAM GEAR TIMING MARK.

Get the GE gears, adjusting them with the vernier scale instead of the tiny lines is just so much effing better.

I am sure the JUN gears are well made, but . . . I HATE TINY LINES.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2015, 04:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
The ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE EXHAUST CAM GEAR TIMING MARK.

Get the GE gears, adjusting them with the vernier scale instead of the tiny lines is just so much effing better.

I am sure the JUN gears are well made, but . . . I HATE TINY LINES.
Beaver it looks like the Jun gears are out of production after all.

I will pick up the golden eagle ones. thanks

Golden Eagle Cam Gear B16 B18 B18C B18A B18B B16A Integra Civic Black Pair | eBay
Old 10-03-2015, 02:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie40MPGd15b7 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

the dohc zc, with the tri flow cam is wicked. the zc loves to have the exhaust cam retarded and intake advanced, the tri flow cam and zc combo performs excellent both n/a and forced induction.

are you running obd0 or obd1?

40MPGd15b7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2015, 07:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40MPGd15b7 View Post
the dohc zc, with the tri flow cam is wicked. the zc loves to have the exhaust cam retarded and intake advanced, the tri flow cam and zc combo performs excellent both n/a and forced induction.

are you running obd0 or obd1?
40mpg sent you a IM, thanks for your help and advice. I am running OBd1
Old 10-08-2015, 02:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Guys I got my cams back from colt and picked up a set of the Golden Eagle cam gears. Can someone tell me the proper break in procedure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0125.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	655.4 KB
ID:	96690   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0124.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	860.3 KB
ID:	96698  
Old 10-08-2015, 03:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Colt did your cams, not us. Why would you skip asking them?

Build what you have!

Old 10-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
Colt did your cams, not us. Why would you skip asking them?
I figured I would ask here first. I will see if I can get ahold of Geoff tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Colt will know much better. inhouse always surpasses 3rd party in custom stuff.

Rememebr, what we can bring to the table is experience via trial and error.

Colt will be able to stop you from having to do a trial and error lol.

THey take care of their customers for the most part

Build what you have!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in