Guidance on turbo install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 TMSP is learning the way of the DTMSP is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Guidance on turbo install

Let the flaming begin..
I have a godspeed turbo kit I am in the middle of installing and I have a lot of small questions I can't seem to find the answer for through research on the internet. I guess they're pretty easy questions for you guys that have experience with turbos and installing them. I, on the other hand, have no experience installing turbo kits nor know anyone that does. I know where everything goes bov, external wastegate, oil feed/return lines, clocking turbo, etc. I just need help with the small details like gaskets (everything has two diff gaskets for some reason) torque specs and such. So if anyone wouldn't mind clarifying any questions I have during my install process please let me know.
Please move/erase post if this is not were it belongs. Thank you
TMSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

But you need to be more specific........... Make A build thread. If you put up pictures you'll find most people on here enjoy pics and they will help out A lot more if you bring them in to the build your making.
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mocking everything up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0829151602a_1440897676994.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	439.3 KB
ID:	94409   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440897792186-1041677776_1440897887932.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	94417   Click image for larger version

Name:	0719151815_1440898005382.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	94425  

Old 08-29-2015, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwbr View Post
But you need to be more specific........... Make A build thread. If you put up pictures you'll find most people on here enjoy pics and they will help out A lot more if you bring them in to the build your making.
How do I make a build thread? I checked the "turbo build thread page" at the top and it says to post a link, and no questions or info. Which category would I start a build thread in, to post the link on that top page? Sorry. This is the first forum I'm ever joined xP
Old 08-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

Go to the showcase forum, located here: Showcase - D-series.org and start a build thread and ask all the questions you need. Be sure to post pics if you need help identifying a part, it makes helping you alot easier. Good luck
Old 08-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSP View Post
Let the flaming begin..
I have a godspeed turbo kit I am in the middle of installing and I have a lot of small questions I can't seem to find the answer for through research on the internet. I guess they're pretty easy questions for you guys that have experience with turbos and installing them. I, on the other hand, have no experience installing turbo kits nor know anyone that does. I know where everything goes bov, external wastegate, oil feed/return lines, clocking turbo, etc. I just need help with the small details like gaskets (everything has two diff gaskets for some reason) torque specs and such. So if anyone wouldn't mind clarifying any questions I have during my install process please let me know.
Please move/erase post if this is not were it belongs. Thank you
What exactly do you need help with I don't see any questions? Are the gaskets composite and stainless steel? if so use the stainless gaskets so you don't have to scrape shit off if you ever remove anything. Torque specs? I didn't use a torque wrench at all on either of my civics when installing my turbo kit, just make sure everything is tight and I recommend lock washers for holding the turbo to the manifold.

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm in the process of installing it and was going to ask questions as I ran into issues.
Yeah the 2 gaskets are composite and metal. Wasn't sure if I use both or just one for specific parts of the turbo kit.
On the external wastegate their is a thick washer type thing that I assume goes on between the WG and EM. When I bolt it on tho it leaves a gap. (Will snap pics right now) Question is do I just tighten it down and the "washer/spacer" will squeeze in to the rest of the wastegate?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14409560333271657982339_1440956056230.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	730.3 KB
ID:	94433   Click image for larger version

Name:	1440956217126-1041677776_1440956281367.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	454.8 KB
ID:	94441  
Old 08-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

you sure that raised circle doesnt face the wastegate?

use the flat side against the manifold and use the big eyeball shaped gasket here.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

I'll start a build thread, continue My questions there and post the link here.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

That's the fire ring for the wastegate, did you try flipping it over to see if it would go in the other way? I know my turbosmart fire ring is kind of tight, if it doesn't come out or Go in perfect then it gets wedged in

turbo 99 ex sedan A/C build -

Alicia Aemisegger
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
Zer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcanoZer0DazE is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

Look at my old build thread (in my sig). It has a very detailed install of an EMUSA turbo kit, it's the same as the one you are installing.

My car hates me.

Zer0DazE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 05:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 5 mdrouillard1983 will become famous soon enoughmdrouillard1983 will become famous soon enoughmdrouillard1983 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSP View Post
I'm in the process of installing it and was going to ask questions as I ran into issues.
Yeah the 2 gaskets are composite and metal. Wasn't sure if I use both or just one for specific parts of the turbo kit.
On the external wastegate their is a thick washer type thing that I assume goes on between the WG and EM. When I bolt it on tho it leaves a gap. (Will snap pics right now) Question is do I just tighten it down and the "washer/spacer" will squeeze in to the rest of the wastegate?
That should be flush with the surface of the manifold flange for the wastegate, if it isn't it could cause an exhaust leak which could cause you to lose potential power. When yoy torque it down the seal might rest up against the plunger and seal properly, with my Tial 32mm I didn't have that issue..

I would torque it down to standard exhaust manifold torques which is around 23ft lbs.

Did it come with another fire ring gasket seal or just that?

Last edited by mdrouillard1983; 09-03-2015 at 05:33 AM.
mdrouillard1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in