Jvtec8k's 550whp F23 bastard build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k
Arrow Jvtec8k's 550whp F23 bastard build

So as some of you know, i have already reached my goal of running 10s with a d-series and i think it is time i move on to a different platform and i felt challenged to build the biggest sohc honda motor. I have been sharing ideas with our very own turboprelude and hi-profile about jumping into this project, and i finally gave in. I was at a meet last night and happened to mention the idea to the guys, and that i am in the look out for a F23a1 motor they thought i was joking. A guy named Adrian popped in to the scene who happened to have a F23a1 sitting in his garage and straight up offered it to me for free just because he's a fan of my build, and that he has been following me for the past two seasons. I was surprised as we aren't really close nor even hang out, but all he wanted was for me to make the city proud and to keep pushing with the single cam. I felt so humbled and we shook hands to seal the deal.

Here's the plan.
F23a1 ported head 'porting it myself when i get a chance'
Rocket Motorsports cam and valve springs
F23a1 block CSS .40 over = to 87mm
Not decided as to what internals I am going to run yet but i got my eyes on wiseco/eagle 11 to 12 CR. 87mmx97 stroke on 20psi+ of boost =10s all day maybe touch 9s with a 6266 turbo.
As far as turbo i can get my hands on a Holset HX35 7 blades if i max the cfm i think it can provide a 550whp that i need with E85.
I will have to work with Jeff or hi-profile with the plates and brackets that I'd need in the process of swapping a B-series transmission or F2b swap.
Let's go ahead and move on to the pictures.

The motor in his garage

Loaded up in the Crv

Roller rockers

Here's a side to side comparison of 1.6 D16 and 2.3 F23 blocks

A good friend has a Hx35 7 blades for the blower

This thing looks like it's brand spanking new

The only sad thing i found out in building F23 is that there's minimal to none as far as finding aftermarket parts, in which i might have to customize and fabricate a lot of components to complete the build. If you guys know of sites and links for f23 parts please do not hesitate to post or share it here. That's it for today folks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jvtec8k; 08-24-2015 at 11:18 PM.
jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2015, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

Rep Power: 0 del_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enoughdel_samuel will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Well I can definitely say I'm stoked to see how this build goes. What transmission do you think you'll go with?
del_samuel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

Gsr

Old 08-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Rep'd and sub'd. I really enjoy your builds man. Keep up the good work! When I first got into cars, I had a 91 accord. I saw a couple guys run turbos but nothing close to 500 hp. That was also like 12 years ago and tuning is a lot better now.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtec8k View Post
Here's a side to side comparison of 1.6 D16 and 2.3 F23 blocks

She's a brick (da na nana) house

Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_justice View Post
Rep'd and sub'd. I really enjoy your builds man. Keep up the good work! When I first got into cars, I had a 91 accord. I saw a couple guys run turbos but nothing close to 500 hp. That was also like 12 years ago and tuning is a lot better now.
Thanks Buddy! I'm looking for manifold options as well 62mm used turboes or a Borg S366 to pair up and let her eat! If the budget isn't there then the Hx35 will do the job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
She's a brick (da na nana) house
Haha. Yeah the thing is huge and it was heavy as hell to unload without a cherry picker. The valve cover is almost twice the size of a regular D16 it's wack!

Last edited by jvtec8k; 08-22-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

if the f23 uses the same pistons as h series. I believe the k series pistons will fit. I may be hella wrong, but they've been known to throw k series pistons into the g23's which I think is f23 head on h22 block
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

sub'd!

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
if the f23 uses the same pistons as h series. I believe the k series pistons will fit. I may be hella wrong, but they've been known to throw k series pistons into the g23's which I think is f23 head on h22 block
You are correct Slo the k24 piston will work on f23 as well as the k20a3 rods except the K20a2 rods as the big end clearance is slightly different, unless i read it incorrectly. I have spent the past couple hours reading up on F-series and the plateless process.
I will be meeting with Jeff tomorrow he will help me out with block.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCitTOem View Post
sub'd!

Thanks pare

Last edited by jvtec8k; 08-25-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

so, there are your better options for aftermarket internals. Ive always dreamed of doing a g23 that way. I shall be living through you if you go that route. and by all that is boosty, I hope that you do subbed
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
so, there are your better options for aftermarket internals. Ive always dreamed of doing a g23 that way. I shall be living through you if you go that route. and by all that is boosty, I hope that you do subbed
I will try to make you proud with this project Slo. It should produce more and run faster than my current set-up. I don't doubt it and should be in the 500s with ease. I was told by a couple of our guru guys that the stock rods and piston could hold the 500hp with a good gas, but I didn't want to risk it. Pistons and rods is more definite in the block as well as getting it all checked and blue printed in a local performance machine shop. I found a new PTE 6262 .82ar from a buddy and I am trying to see what we could work with payment wise. Anyhow, back to F-series readings. Carry on

Last edited by jvtec8k; 08-23-2015 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

(about bites his tongue off)

Talk with Bisi about the bottom end stuff. Likely used stuff from Howards.

Phucking F motor should have been in the CRV, not a POS B20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 03:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 17 robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!robgoof is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

this is gonna be scary!

Use the holset, it deserves it.
robgoof is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 04:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Bone i do remember bisi and his all motor f22 insight making 415whp and running 9s in the quarter. Robgoof i will if i have to, but Holset might not be enough for my newly found taste. At this point all I want is 500hp rated turbo at the very least.

Last edited by jvtec8k; 08-23-2015 at 04:09 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 04:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Quote:
which I think is f23 head on h22 block
F23 block H22 head

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....evo_lucian It's a JDM Star Bitches....
Send a message via Skype™ to evo_lucian

sub'd, gonna keep a close eye on this one. Good luck
Old 08-23-2015, 09:00 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Scott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the skyScott53092 is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Are you coming to WI today? If you are going by Jeff and didn't tell me...

And you make me a jig relating the head flange to the collector and I'll make you a manifold.

Follow me on instagram: bumperdumperscott
Scott53092 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 10:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Looks good man, go big or go home.

But ditch the ghetto turbo and save up for a 72mm turbo and just do it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
F23 block H22 head
even better. confirms my thought that k pistons can be used
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 7 mitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regularmitchwbr is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD View Post
Looks good man, go big or go home.

But ditch the ghetto turbo and save up for a 72mm turbo and just do it

Whats wrong with the holset??

Bout time somebody did this. You probably all ready know this but I remember Hiprofile talking about evo stroker pistons working in the f23's or maybe it was f22. Then whatever rods. Sub'd.
mitchwbr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in