Boost gauge vacuum line location D16Z6 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Boost gauge vacuum line location D16Z6

Hello again guys! Getting near the end of my built turbo build. Have a pretty good handle on how I'm going to run all my vacuum lines and coolant lines now. Just a quick easy question about the boost gauge vacuum line. A buddy of mine has an aftermarket IM on his B18C turbo and told me it's best to run it straight to the IM but he has multiple ports for that where my stock IM doesn't. I was going to just T it off of the FPR.

However, I just realized tonight I deleted my purge solenoid valve and won't be using one. Is there any reason I couldn't use the open nipple on the back of the IM for the purge solenoid for the vacuum source for my boost gauge? It would save me from having to block it off too which would also work.

Logic tells me this shouldn't be an issue but I couldn't find any information online about anyone else doing it so maybe there's a reason people don't that I don't know about.

Thanks guys!

In case anyone is wondering which nipple I'm talking about,

Stole this guys pic online of it.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

It would probably work just fine. Better than T-ing off anything at least.

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11

Rep Power: 28 shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....shoebox_civic Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to shoebox_civic

Tee it off there or the brake booster. Don't tee it off the fpr
90 Skyline GT-R - HKS Drager exhaust, RSR downpipe, metal wheel turbos
shoebox_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

A 3/8ths line to a vacuum log manifold would be ideal.

The brake booster and pcv valve both use 3/8ths line. With a turbo setup you are not going to want your pcv valve connected to the manifold without a stronger one way valve

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 28 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Damn, I've been teeing off my FPR and reading this thread made me realize that I have an unused port in my manifold for a dedicated boost gauge line. Doh

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonPinHead View Post
A 3/8ths line to a vacuum log manifold would be ideal.

The brake booster and pcv valve both use 3/8ths line. With a turbo setup you are not going to want your pcv valve connected to the manifold without a stronger one way valve

Thanks for the info guys. So If I'm understanding you correctly, you're basically saying the nipple for the purge solenoid valve would be too small to give an accurate reading to the boost gauge and it's preferable to use a larger diameter hole like the brake booster or pcv valve.

I did think about those two ports but I was planning on using the brake booster T for my BOV and I'm already using my PCV port for my boost solenoid which I have a T in already as well going to my waste gate.

Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
Damn, I've been teeing off my FPR and reading this thread made me realize that I have an unused port in my manifold for a dedicated boost gauge line. Doh
I'm gonna guess and say you're being sarcastic and don't approve of my idea, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattliston View Post
It would probably work just fine. Better than T-ing off anything at least.
yeah exactly. Trying to keep the T's to a minimum if all possible.

Last edited by Shep; 08-11-2015 at 10:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Use this like neon has said

http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/index....7i5le80sb4oib6

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 01:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 leec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Boratleec4391 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Taking a vacuum source from a spare nipple will be fine, i take a vacuum source from a 4mm nipple on my volvo and it works great.

Your thinking about it too much.
leec4391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 04:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Behind the intake manifold at the purge solenoid nipple is where I have the boost gauge connected to. No issues after 2 years.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 06:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

That line that you highlighted is where I plan on putting my line. I believe that is/was connected to the cruise control on my setup (which I removed) and capped off that line. Perfect location for a boost gauge hookup!
2002 C5 Z06 (Built for Road Racing)
1999 Grand Prix GTP (Built and self tuned on E85)
1998 & 1999 Grand Prix GTPs
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:
97AutoXVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 11:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I have my vacuum source for the boost gauge attached to the purge solenoid nipple. Been working just fine for 5 years.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

you guys all rock. Thanks very much for the info and confirmation that it is working well for you guys that have also used it for your boost gauges.

One less thing on my check list to worry about lol
Old 08-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Trust me $20 on a vac. Log manifold will make your life easy. For my setup i had a 3/8ths line from the manifold to the vac. Log manifold. A 3/8ths line from the log manifold to the bov. Then i had 3/16ths IIRC feeding my electronic boost controller, 2.5bar map sensor, and boost gauge. That only left one open spot. With a turbo setup the need for vacuum sources grows and you dont want to keep adding t's. It was also nice that my skunk2 manifold had an extra 3/8ths vacuum fitting.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in