What size injectors are you running with E85? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2015, 04:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default What size injectors are you running with E85?

I am currently fabbing up my turbo setup, and am "considering" a non-intercooled E85 setup (to start). I have used and tuned with E85 in the past and loved it when dealing with boost! May be time to experiment with the d-series platform as well.

What size injectors would you recommend for E85, considering a power goal of 300whp?

For those of you running E85, what size injectors are you running and what is your current injector duty cycle at your given power level? (doesn't have to be exact)
2002 C5 Z06 (Built for Road Racing)
1999 Grand Prix GTP (Built and self tuned on E85)
1998 & 1999 Grand Prix GTPs
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
97AutoXVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

500cc would be the smallest I'd recommend, and that's with much higher fuel pressure (>75psi). 650cc would be the min on a stock regulator if your motor isn't bone-stock, but anything up to 1200cc will work great.

A couple guys on here (who to live near me too) have IN900's and IN1000's from Injector Nation in their E85 D16's. Jun (not sure what his screen name is) maxed his IN1000's in the low 400's with stock fuel pressure and is as streetable as a 400whp 1.6L racecar can get. The IN900's are the best deal for most people, PM me for more info.

I'm not sure if I'd consider a non-intercooled setup in this day & age. Even the ebay fmic's will help drastically, and they're very cheap. You can get a cheap pipe & IC kit for ~$150 on ebay, which is 1/3 of what you'll pay for an IC with a Garrett/Precision/Spearco/Trust core. If you're worried about throttle response, the math shows doubling pipe volume leads to ~0.1-0.3 second increase in time to fill the pipes. I don't feel the blink of an eye is worth the HP loss.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HiProfile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
500cc would be the smallest I'd recommend, and that's with much higher fuel pressure (>75psi). 650cc would be the min on a stock regulator if your motor isn't bone-stock, but anything up to 1200cc will work great.

A couple guys on here (who to live near me too) have IN900's and IN1000's from Injector Nation in their E85 D16's. Jun (not sure what his screen name is) maxed his IN1000's in the low 400's with stock fuel pressure and is as streetable as a 400whp 1.6L racecar can get. The IN900's are the best deal for most people, PM me for more info.

I'm not sure if I'd consider a non-intercooled setup in this day & age. Even the ebay fmic's will help drastically, and they're very cheap. You can get a cheap pipe & IC kit for ~$150 on ebay, which is 1/3 of what you'll pay for an IC with a Garrett/Precision/Spearco/Trust core. If you're worried about throttle response, the math shows doubling pipe volume leads to ~0.1-0.3 second increase in time to fill the pipes. I don't feel the blink of an eye is worth the HP loss.
EXCELLENT info. Thank you. I actually do have an intercooler with the kit I am putting together and was considering the no-intercooler route due to the throttle response/turbo lag but you have cured that worry with the above info.

Sounds like I will go with the 900 or 1000cc injectors that you recommended. I will be sending you a PM!
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:

Old 08-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular

I am using the IN900's. I made 373 whp with stock regulator and stock head with those injectors.
dj_justice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 11:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

I was close to maxed out on E85 on Presicion 1000s at 400whp.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

get some injectors from hiprofile. Im running 900cc and maxed out no idea on power. Id say around 350 or so.
If I were to get some I'd get 1000cc or bigger just in case I want more power.
Old 08-07-2015, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....Flip It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Flip

1600s at 62% duty at 580whp

Flip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 23 jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jvtec8k is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to jvtec8k Send a message via AIM to jvtec8k Send a message via Yahoo to jvtec8k Send a message via Skype™ to jvtec8k

IN1000CC with walbro 255 on e85. Since I cranked the boost on mbc I'm probably around 430-440whp right now with injectors at 95% cycle duty and 60psi base fuel pressure.

11.7 119mph 2013 Ebay turbo 18psi
11.0 125mph 2014 23" M&h slipping clutch
10.8 132mph 2015 clutch slipped 418whp E85
10.4 150mph 2017 62mm D16 D2b

Insta: jvtec8k

jvtec8k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 24 HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!
HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!HiProfile is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvtec8k View Post
IN1000CC with walbro 255 on e85. Since I cranked the boost on mbc I'm probably around 430-440whp right now with injectors at 95% cycle duty and 60psi base fuel pressure.
Jesus, that poor pump! I bet that return line is reduced to returning a few drops at that point.

That said, the Walbro 450 pump is only ~$125 shipped from amazon w/install kit. I think I'm going to pull the trigger since I want to switch to E85 too.

Old 08-07-2015, 07:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiProfile View Post
Jesus, that poor pump! I bet that return line is reduced to returning a few drops at that point.

That said, the Walbro 450 pump is only ~$125 shipped from amazon w/install kit. I think I'm going to pull the trigger since I want to switch to E85 too.
Which pump is the right one?

Also you IN900 should be good up to 450whp? On e85 or vp c85?

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2015, 07:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

You guys rock. Thanks for all the replies. I have been having an offline convo with HiProfile and he has provided tons of good info. I will likely be getting injectors from him soon.

To Flip: 1600s and 580whp... holy $*#*!!!!

On a side note. My buddy who ran E85 eventually had to go back to regular because of the "goo" that was clogging his injectors. Have any of you run into this issue and if so, is there a simple explanation/fix? Something in the fuel components getting eaten up/eroded by the ethanol??

Thanks fellas
2012 Civic SI
2000 Civic EX

My E85 Thread:
Old 08-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....v8killaz is almost there....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

there is no goo that will clog up injectors from e85. I know about 100 guys that run it every year and store their cars with it for 6 months
I do the same.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I've done a lot of reading on that goo issue, but nobody has found the silver bullet. The most likely explanation is one of the fuel additives doesn't work that well with ethanol. Others claim it's the rubber parts disintegrating, but it's even happened to fuel systems that are 100% stainless/alum/teflon. Some people have it bad in some areas, other locations never get it. In any case it dissolves in gasoline readily, so it's just a good idea to run a few gallons of E0 or E10 through the system every few E85 tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_rice View Post
Which pump is the right one?

Also you IN900 should be good up to 450whp? On e85 or vp c85?
With a decent motor & lots of fuel pressure IN900's should support >525whp with E85 (>80psi base pressure).

The kit below includes everything and it's only $115 atm. So far no "fake" pumps have popped up, but this type of "turbine" pump is much easier to kill than most other pumps. These pumps can easily be damaged if any air moves through the lines (empty tank or vapor lock), which is why people think they got a knockoff. Also beware that it uses 2x more amps than a genuine 255HP (14 vs 7) but only a bit more than a knockoff 255 - so a 10awg rewire is mandatory.

Amazon.com: Walbro TIA485-2 450 LPH Fuel Pump Kit: Automotive Amazon.com: Walbro TIA485-2 450 LPH Fuel Pump Kit: Automotive

Old 08-08-2015, 12:13 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 25 all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!all_rice is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Gotcha. Thank you

RIP SFC Dwayne Torres "Brother in arms"
RIP CALI NOOB
all_rice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in