Center housing angle - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Center housing angle

So I was reading how you really want the oil feed/drain to be vertical. I was trying to rotate the center housing but the compressor cover keeps moving with the center housing.
Is this an acceptable amount of angle?

Do I need to loosen these bolts in the center section to clock it? I loosened all the blots on the compressor cover and exhaust side but I dont have a wrench this size.

dj_justice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slo_eg8

Let me google that for you

and if you can get that bolt out, why not replace it with one you have a wrench for? or I dunno.....buy a wrench?
koni yellow/gc coils
uber rare eg6 optional snowflakes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

new 95 ej1.
slo_eg8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 7 dj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regulardj_justice is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_eg8 View Post
Let me google that for you

and if you can get that bolt out, why not replace it with one you have a wrench for? or I dunno.....buy a wrench?
Googling was the first thing I did and I did not find an answer which is why I posted up here. Im not a noob at this. Ive been on forums since 2001.

Old 08-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Get it as close to vertical as you can. Then tighten it down to the exhaust housing. Then stick a broom handle into the compressor outlet and clock the compressor to where you want it.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

Rep Power: 50 slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !slo_eg8 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

nobody called you a noob. I posted a link to a bunch of links that could point you in the right direction. if youre going to get salty, should I start making memes?
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

So I think with the turbine housing bolts loose, the center section should rotate. Its probably frozen.

Sorry slo_eg, I appreciate you trying to help. I know you tend to get on people for not searching so I got a little defensive.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
BATSLOMAN GIVES 0 FUCKS

lol, if you know me, I usually throw a little asshole flair into the mix, maybe a facepalm or gif. if you didn't get those, then it means I know you made an attempt lol. woosah
koni yellow/gc coils

new 95 ej1.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 Michael99 is learning the way of the DMichael99 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I don't understand much from that picture about angle, but if you want to loose that bolt! the best to use offset wrenches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25i2p3n.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	93018  
Michael99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 s3v3n is learning the way of the Ds3v3n is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

You shouldn't need to loosen the bolt you have pictured, just the bolts around the outer edge of the comp cover (and the ones securing the turbine housing). The chra should be able to rotate independently from the housings once both are loosened.

You don't want any more than 15 degrees off from vertical for the chra and if you have to use a small amount of tilt, I would try to angle it so that your gravity drain isn't fighting inertia when accelerating.
s3v3n is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Do not lossen any of the 4 bolts on the center.

Only lossen the 5 to 6 bolts on the exhaust or compressor backing.
The oil drain should be straight up and down or slightly angle towards the oil pan.
The drain is gravity base so use your brain.

And if you dont got the tool buy one.
Should be a 14 or 15mm

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2015, 03:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Do not lossen any of the 4 bolts on the center.

Only lossen the 5 to 6 bolts on the exhaust or compressor backing.
The oil drain should be straight up and down or slightly angle towards the oil pan.
The drain is gravity base so use your brain.

And if you dont got the tool buy one.
Should be a 14 or 15mm
Ok I have loosened all the bolts on the turbine and compressor housings. Problem is the compressor housing wont rotate independently of the center housing.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

I got it. I had to take the compressor housing off. There was enough aluminum corrosion that it was stuck in place. Now I got it clocked vertically
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others: While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what kind of animal is mentioned in the sentence above.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in