Honda D Series Forum banner

Mini-me with nitrous

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  crxtscy 
G
#1 ·
The project I am doing right now is a sohc zc block with a d16y8 head using the y8 head gasket. I've found the compression ratio will be between 11.1 to 12. The ECU will be sent to Zdyne to run VTEC (not using their SECU). Finally a 55 or 75 shot wet nitrous. If anyone has experience similar to this set up can I get some insight on what I have to do to make sure that I never go lean or detonate. I have all these parts in my garage ready to put together but I'm still somewhat confused on what I need to do regarding fuel delivery and timing to run this set up with the higher compression. Do I need to increase fuel pressure, bigger injectors, retard/advance timing, and what spark plugs to use (gap) ? I have an adjustable fuel pressure gauge and A/F gauge from Dynotune.org to help. Any tips will help before I start everything up.

#2 ·
since you said you will be running a wet shot im not 100% sure but i dont think you need to worry about injectors yet. just start out with a small 50 shot and retard the timing and up the fuel pressure just to be safe but you really only should be tuning on a dyno with the wideband 02, just to make sure your not running lean or detonating. good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.