Honda D Series Forum banner

Introduction// and FI questions

Tags
civic d16y4
976 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  xile6 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!! Just joined n00b at DSO!
I purchased my '99 civic hatch cxi EK1 [D16Y4](AUDM) couple months ago and I LOVE IT.

After making some classic Asian cosmetic upgrades and gizmos, I'm looking at a forced induction option.

The engine is a SOHC Aus-DM 1.6 engine at 115,xxx KMs.

I love the car and the engine but would love to add the extra oomph. I not looking for a track car or a crazy power pusher but >100kw@wheels would be awesome.

I had an opportunity to drive a friends B4(Subaru liberty twin turbo) a while back and fell in love with the idea of a turbo.

After considering a B18 turbo swap I decided to stick with my D engine for reliability and lower costs.

My question is where would I start? How much should I be looking to spend (in Sydney) and all information and opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
^ if your gunna shoot him down at least lead him away to the FA-Q section.

Good luck and welcome, this should probably go to the n00b section too, waiting for mods.........

Cheap, Fast, Reliable, now pick two. You cant have all three. If you are looking to boost and get to 134hp, you can just slap a turbo on and get it tuned. Oh I recommend a rebuild with oem components to ensure bearings, seals, rings, etc are fresh for the added pressures.

Or you could port your head, cam it, and tune it to get there with out forced induction really. Both ways done right are not super cheap, but the NA method is certainly more expensive then the turbo.

Probably dont have to upgrade much else unless your headed for a track with repeated abuse on tranny, brakes and suspension. If your headed there, ditch the body work first, sell it on ebay and start buyin some go fast parts. Im not hating on the body kit, but it is dated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.