Spool time? hx35 rear mounted, z6 vitara/fjt build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to marcj
Default Spool time? hx35 rear mounted, z6 vitara/fjt build

sup guise? well, this is my second holset build, and this time I want to keep the a/c intact. That's one of the reasons I sold my 11 second coupe (no a/c) and my new born kid would sweat. couldn't have that. any way, i'm starting over now. got a good running eg with a z6, with my hx35 in the trunk. i'm going to make some brackets to support the turbo where the oem muffler sits. the biggest pain i see is running the charge pipes.

what spool times can I expect? any ideas? guesses? random comments?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
marcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

oh, forgot to mention i'm using the stock wastegate @ 26psi, 3" downpipe straight out the rear bumper driver side. i'll start a progress thread when i do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

picsRstfu :join:

oh yeah,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj View Post
i'm going to make some brackets to support the turbo where the oem muffler sits. the biggest pain i see is running the charge pipes.

what spool times can I expect? any ideas? guesses? random comments?
Am I reading this right?

Gives a new meaning to turbo muffler. Please elaborate more on this setup.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerDrinkin View Post
Am I reading this right?

Gives a new meaning to turbo muffler. Please elaborate more on this setup.
i dont know much about them but yes alot of local f body cars do this and run very well.. i think ive heard about maybe having to have a little pump to get the oil to and from the turbo, other than that alot of pipes.. i thnk it would be best to have a very good flowing header bisi or somthing with 2.5 piping to the turbo, seems like you would want the air to get there faster but these are just my thought

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

Example:

Old 03-09-2012, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcj View Post
Example:
oooooohhh, someone pass the pop corn..
daviddoesntgaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Why not just do a sinktrap top mount and keep the turbo in the bay, and keep AC?

I could certainly see it hurting spool. Are you using a singe scroll or twin scroll Holeslut? I'd certainly look into using a good header. Maybe bounce some ideas off Beaver.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yes you need a pump to return the oil to the pan. You may also consider a sump under the turbo with a breather and the pump drawing from that.

But yah, remote mount is pretty "meh".

Are you planning to make enough power to justify that turbo?
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

as soon as i saw this i was so stoked on trying it nut then i realized i would probably scrape my turbo off..
Old 03-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....ForeverDeath It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

i once read abt a guy wanting to put a turbo at the collector of a header, that sounds a lot less laggy. love to see the look on that babys face when you hit vtec and then full boost if it doesnt fall off.

Last edited by ForeverDeath; 03-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.
ForeverDeath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

i pray you live in a magical land where it never rains lol
Old 03-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 32 mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mattliston is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Dont waste money on a tail turbo. the extra lines, oil pump, and tubing are NOT cheaper then simply getting a damn AC compatable manifold.

All you need is the turbo moved over an inch or so, and a manifold to boot. maybe have a small clearance issue with stock radiator fan, hence why many people go slim fan when turbo'ing

2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS 2.7 Delta 197k

1998 Cadillac Seville SLS just broke 100k
2001 civic LX coupe MTX 199k
Sometimes, the difficult path is the easiest path
D/B/F/H/K compression questions?

Build what you have!

mattliston is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

the main idea is keeping A/C. i've made a sinktrap before, and the hx35 is just too big to clear the lines without mutating them.. I don't want mutated lines on my car.

@FullTilt yeah, I make good use of the hx35 I've ran the h1c, hy35 and the hx35 on a build motor.. hx35 prevails hands down.

26psi on a built z6 should be nice regardless of placement as long as the pressure gets there on time.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

hmm. expect VERY VERY late spool. like 7,000rpm you might see 10psi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

no bueno

Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

There ARE turbos other than the Holset, you know.

Just, like, one or two, but, yeah.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

build a sidewinder that puts the turbo where the air filter usually sits...

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
build a sidewinder that puts the turbo where the air filter usually sits...
x2

this is a friends setup from last year...

christbone20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #20 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

^That shit is badass. I like it!

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in