need turbo id help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default need turbo id help

i tired to find info but couldnt find what i wanted
so i bought a turbo from a guy saying it was a ford t3 that was a 60trim .60/.63

got it in and the exhaust housing was stamped 48ar and the compressor side was .60ar

what the heck do i have?
MrBui is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Location: The Birthplace of Hot Rodding, Southern California. Suicide Riverside to be exact.
Rep Power: 20 maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!maverick75 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Post pictures, sounds like a Tbird T3 or maybe an SVO unit which you can sell to the SVO guys and make enough money to get a brand new turbo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maverick75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Ford tbirds came with either 60/63 or 48/60....Iirc the differance was between auto n 5 speeds

How to hook up turbo coolant lines
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

Old 03-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Is that thing water/oil cooled or just oil?

edit* I think it's a tbo3 Garret/AiResearch 60 trim...from a...85-86 manual t-bird...ala the Junkyard Turbo ID list!

Build thread and FS Thread soon to come

Should you buy a kit or piece one together???--->

Last edited by 98dxNooby; 03-08-2012 at 05:39 PM.
98dxNooby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

yes water/oil
Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna98dxNooby is da #1 stunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBui View Post
yes water/oil
Okay then the turbo I said above fits the description

Old 03-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

how to do you think it would be on a vitara z6 with a zex/comp cam ?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

judging by the post on here... i think imma have to get a hold of paypal and get a refund started..
i was looking to make around 300hp
Old 03-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

From what I can find it'd max at about 300whp...depends on what stage cam and other stuff you're gonna run with it.

Apparently it spools quick though, so if you want a street/ road race car this could be nice. Drag not so much.

Here's something similar I think lol

https://www.d-series.org/forums/force...max-power.html

Old 03-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBui View Post
judging by the post on here... i think imma have to get a hold of paypal and get a refund started..
i was looking to make around 300hp
Refund for your turbo? Did he say it was good for more on your motor or something? Unless he wronged you somehow idk if he owes you a refund, and if he does you better talk to him first...

Old 03-08-2012, 06:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes

Pushing any T3 stage 1 turbine urbo past 250whp is really asking for problems. Can you do it? Yes. Is it a bad idea? Very much so. The turbines that are used on the stage 1 turbos are ancient design. They just do not like excessive psi.

Honestly 250whp is pushing them but it is an understood performance cut off. Still at 250whp the turbine housing will crack.

The .63 is a better turbine housing for hp and the .48 is better for spool. Your not going to be hurting when it comes to spool so a .63 would be best.

Depending on what you paid it is still a good turbo.

What are your goals? How much do you have to spend?
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

well it was posted as a 60/63 so i didnt get what i was wanting...
Old 03-09-2012, 05:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

mhamrick has two sets of my 60/63ar housings that I'm sure he's going to offer you. Keep in mind that the property belongs to me if you do receive such an offer. Feel free to check out my previous thread on this matter.

I made 300whp/265ftlbs with the T3 60 trim, but it lasted 2 days before developing excessive shaftplay. The turbo was fine for 12k miles at 235whp before this, so I wouldn't shoot for 300whp with yours. It made 235whp at 8psi though, I was pleasantly surprised.
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

Send a message via AIM to marcj

You should get a cheap holset OP. who cares if it's rated 300whp over what you're making. i got mine for $125 shipped, rated ~600whp. sounds awesome. I'd had garrett t3/t04e and i'd never go back.

marcj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2012, 07:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

i cant ever find them, i would love to have one of those
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in