Sorry its not a D but i need help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 boosted89crx is learning the way of the Dboosted89crx is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Sorry its not a D but i need help

well my hearts always been with D series but since i did the rhd swap im using a SIR engine bay that isnt compatible w d series. So i went w an lsv setup. Ive done some searching online and every thread i come across people are giving diff opinions and not a straight answer. So heres what i have.

Ls block w Eagle h beams ls crank Je 10.1 compression pistons. I want to make around 450 w room to grow. Im using a b16 head stock at the moment but thats pretty much my setup. So my ques is should i run a stock oem 3 layer gasket .030 thickness which would make my cr 10.16 - 1 or should i opt for a .051 thick gasket and have a cr of 9.68-1. I ve head a few bad things on running a thicker gasket but then ive heard good. Same with running a 10-1 compression ratio have heard good and bad also. So before i go an sell these and order a new set whats your opinions and what are some pros and cons thanks guys i appreciate all the input
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i really think you will be fine barring any unforseen issues that wouldnt be related to your comp ratio. you gotta think they boost gsr stock into the 300s easy and they are 10.2:1 i believe.Stock head should be fine for your goal, heck look at some of these d-series on here hitting 3-400 on stock port heads. Anyone correct me if im wrong please.
Andy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Use whichever is a OEM gasket and gives you a tight, but safe, P2H.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

whos gonna tune it is the question.
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 boosted89crx is learning the way of the Dboosted89crx is learning the way of the D

i planned on doin some headwork p&p victor x mani gsr cams w some dished valves nothing serious
Old 03-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted89crx View Post
i planned on doin some headwork p&p victor x mani gsr cams w some dished valves nothing serious
I would leave the P&P to a professional.
That way if they screw something up, they are the ones that are going to be ponying up the money to replace the bad boy- not you.
At least the porting.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

ive done it before i can do it again...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

For your goal of 450 plus the B has all kinds of room to grow. The high CR will give you the bottom end launch. Whatever headgasket you currently own will be good as long as its MLS OEM Honda. What's your higher HP goal? That will decide if you just need to clean the ports up on the head, or get yo grind on. A simple gasket match, polish the fool out of the exhaust side, and 80 grit finish on the intake side. If the intake side is too smooth you get pooling of fuel. GL with it all.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon

Last edited by crxdonwon; 03-10-2012 at 09:14 PM.
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

no one here has said anything out of the ordinary.

Want to see an engine with YOUR set up on 20 pounds and no sleeve?

it was done easy too. The HG should be OEM, my homie just blew his HG and it was multilayered.

You can use a stock Hg just fine, after he replaced it, he did this.

This is from a thread i made 2 weeks ago.

This is a retune AFTER he blew the HG, got a single layered oem one, oiled everything up, checked the pistons rings, all that good stuff.

The vid im referring to is the 3rd one down. You looking for those numbers? thats a simple setup, shot of some methanol, or some spray of nitrous, could do it also.

But you want turbo power with no lag and real power huh? 20-22 PSI should do it. A Good turbo, the right size and tune? pow and zoom, right to the moon alice.

https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...op-auburn.html

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

new edelbrock mani coming soon.

Last edited by ninjajp; 03-04-2012 at 07:26 AM.
ninjajp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

an oem b series headgasket is 3 layered.. .026xxx is what it measures out to. if i went w a 1 layer my cr would be higher
Old 03-05-2012, 04:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

if you run a thicker headgasket you should buy a set of cam gears.

personally i would just run the oem hg, you'll be fine as long as you have a good tune.
christbone20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

I am also building a GSR turbo with Arias 10.2 to 1 compression ratio pistons. Its all in the tune. Just remember that JDM GSRs are 10.6 to 1 and they boost them things all day long and thats on stock cast oem pistons.
2000GSRtypeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 ninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagleninjajp is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted89crx View Post
an oem b series headgasket is 3 layered.. .026xxx is what it measures out to. if i went w a 1 layer my cr would be higher
higher compression? better boost, withOUT a high CR rate?, you arent going to accomplish much in the power dept.

at least get an 11:1.1

stay within range of pump fuel. or go all the way to 12:5.5

still no big deal. A high comp build is needed to get what you want.

but like u said, oem is fine, it runs fine, but without those pistons and HG thickness producing high amounts of CR, you arent gonna do much.

Raising my boys compression is how rich tuned got more power out of it that day. did you watch the vid? we were only shooting for about 400-420.

437 WHP on the dyno and the axle was broken? yeah its a done deal.

88-89'??? crx hf special edition w/zc/z6 H.Comp,4n2 I.H.E,zc tranny w/1st stage street clutch, Si fly wheel, custom dual exhaust(y pipe), H&R suspension w/front to back sway bars,struts,heavy coils, shortshifter. milled z6 head, skunk 2 cam.

Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

You know for a fact that those pistons yield that compression ratio with that head? I think you'd be fine either way but I'd want to be able to tell my tuner exact details of the engine, especially c/r.

My piston/rod LSV is similar to yours except I am using a GSR head and IIRS my c/r is closer to 10.5:1 with those pistons and a "guess" on how much has been removed from the head since it had been milled once before I owned it.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

i was goin by zealautoworks compression calculator and i put in the head and block combo i was goin w Ls bottom with b16 head. I ve seen people do it before but didnt know if it was good or not. i guess ill stick with these i mean this is just goin by a calculator online i go to a very reputible tuner hes very good 90 percent of the cars he tunes is honda he s very trustworthy
Old 03-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

are you gonna cam it down the road when you decide its time to grow? just something to keep in mind as piston to valve clearance can get tight on this kind of build.
MEERVINCENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

an advanced cam is gonna be necessary for what he wants....in the end. Using a gsr or b series cam is cool, it justs limits you to realism and not what money can buy.

stock isnt meant for dragging up to a certain point. Its breaking limit proves its durability as a oem cam, but then again there are advanced stages for a reason.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I'm running an LS/V w/ LS pistons/rods, B16 head, and GSR cams. I used a Cometic HG and my compression, according to Zeal, is around 10.2:1. I plan on going boost so my effective compression will be around 17-18:1. Just tell your tuner exactly what you have, and they can work their "witchcraft" to make it go.

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

I'd get specs on those pistons and re-enter it in the calculator so you know exactly what you have.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

10.25 to 1 was the exact i entered it a couple times. Yes i mean id be happy w 400 for now then eventually get cams etc. to hit the 5 to 6 range
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in