Darton Sleeves 77mm bore - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 hspiridonov will become famous soon enoughhspiridonov will become famous soon enoughhspiridonov will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Darton Sleeves 77mm bore

Is it big risk of breaking Darton sleeves with 77mm bore from high boost or i should go with 76mm or 75.5mm .Purpose of the build is over 500 HP on D16Z6 All Motor.What bore is the maximum safe not to break the sleeves?

Last edited by hspiridonov; 03-03-2012 at 11:57 AM.
hspiridonov is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2012, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

No. 77-78 is fine on a sleeved block.

I personally won't go past 78 or so. People have done 80, supposedly.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hspiridonov View Post
Purpose of the build is over 500 HP on D16Z6 All Moror.
WOW!

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 19 d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!
d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!d-serious is the fucking MAN!!!!

All motor? share your build plans..
d-serious is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Can't the stock sleeves handle 650 or some shit with the STD 75mm bore? I remember reading that somewhere..
Old 03-03-2012, 11:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge

450ish. That's pushing things.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 8 hspiridonov will become famous soon enoughhspiridonov will become famous soon enoughhspiridonov will become famous soon enough

D16Z6 Darton Sleeved block 77mm bore (not sure about it)
9.1 WISECO Pistons
Eagle H-baem rods
ARP Head Studs
ACL Baerings
OEM Crankshaft
OEM Water pump
OEM Oil Pump -ported
Spec ceramic clutch
OEM Flywheel

D16z6 Head (fully build-Port and polish)
Supertech 1mm oversize Valves
Supertech valve springs and titanium retainers
Supertech valve guides
Supertech valve seals
Bisi level 3.6 cam
AEM cam gear
Cometic Head gasket

Edelbrock Performer X Manifold
Edelbrock trottle body (not decided yet what bore)
Topmounted Custom made manifold
Tial 44mm Gate
Tial 50mm BOV

3 inch pipes
Hondata s300

Garrett GT35 or Turbonetics GTK 550(not decided yet)

Tranny
D16z6 with LSD
Axles for 650hp

Last edited by hspiridonov; 03-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

that doesnt sound like all motor... but it should be a good build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Future reference, all motor means that your not using spray or boost.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....

He never said all motor guys! He said all moror.......learn to read!

O_o

Dave_P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series lover

haha.sorry I thought that when you change everything in engine this is all motor.didnt know about turbos and nitrous.

and sorry for bad English
Old 03-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....Dave_P It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Just messing with you man, yea all motor means no power adders just the motor like baajaa said.

Dave_P is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

That's one of the first truly solid build lists I've seen come from someone in that part of the world with a Honda.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thats my room just finished cleaning engine ..
This is the old manifold /gate/turbo.(everything is new). that i've bought but never used.I am selling them and go bigger

the front bumper is the old one from my last Tuning project that i made(selling it too)

Lambo doors are home made by myself

now I go JDM
Old 03-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

More interested in the Brembos and what they came from.

Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2012, 11:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

I took them from one crashed Evo 9 .I'm gonna put them on my civic
Old 03-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #17 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Im going to imagine they wont fit without a lot of modification. You should sell them and get Acura TL brembos.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Ditch the Cometic Head Gasket and go with an OEM MLS Honda Head Gasket. All motor is as stated "all motor," or NA (naturally aspirated). Forced Induction is the road you are on. If you are supposed to be on another road, you may want to pull over and ask for some directions. Forced Induction, is forcing air into the engine, whether it be by turbocharger, supercharger, or Nitrous Oxide. Sounds like you have some good plans. As far as the bore size, why don't you go 75mm. That way if something happens and you melt some pistons, you can get the block bored and new pistons. Just my .02!

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986 View Post
Im going to imagine they wont fit without a lot of modification. You should sell them and get Acura TL brembos.
All they need is a new bracket and to make sure the rotor will fit. That's too easy. Way too easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxdonwon View Post
Ditch the Cometic Head Gasket and go with an OEM MLS Honda Head Gasket. All motor is as stated "all motor," or NA (naturally aspirated). Forced Induction is the road you are on. If you are supposed to be on another road, you may want to pull over and ask for some directions. Forced Induction, is forcing air into the engine, whether it be by turbocharger, supercharger, or Nitrous Oxide. Sounds like you have some good plans. As far as the bore size, why don't you go 75mm. That way if something happens and you melt some pistons, you can get the block bored and new pistons. Just my .02!
=/ He's got a sleeved block. Why the )#($(*#$ would he want to stick with 75mm when he's got all steel sleeves in the engine? He can go out to 78+mm. He has plenty of room to overbore, while still having stronger bores than stock. He could easily take that block to over 700HP. He's not building some dinky, hacked together piece of junkyard turbo tech.

I will agree that the OEM headgasket is better than the Cometic.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #20 (permalink)
Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
All they need is a new bracket and to make sure the rotor will fit. That's too easy. Way too easy.
You shouldnt have to use adapters brackets for something as crucial as brakes. When it comes to that, Im a firm believer that if it doesnt bolt on, it doesnt belong. There are plenty of direct bolt on options for large brakes, including brembos.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in