Almost there... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Almost there...

well I got the motor in to mock up some intercooler piping tomorrow after that I'll pull the motor back out and she'll make her way to the paint booth. cage is gonna be champ white car is gonna be blue (which blue, something close/similar to my bike)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	candy motor.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	30362   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120223_173118.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	865.4 KB
ID:	30363   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120223_173522.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	759.2 KB
ID:	30364   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120223_173531.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	767.5 KB
ID:	30365   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120223_173607.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	723.8 KB
ID:	30366  

egrhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

in those pics, if you can tell, I am gonna have to do some fabbing to get the piping for the backdoor setup to work... my BOV will also go on that piping if I have room, if not then on the intercooler itself.

heres some more pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110331_100419.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	624.0 KB
ID:	30367   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110220_124914.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	30368   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110220_125002.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	634.5 KB
ID:	30369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110220_130218.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	694.4 KB
ID:	30370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20110220_125120.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	688.4 KB
ID:	30371  

Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Looking good bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 d~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enough

Looking real good. Good luck with the fab work. What kind of goals you shooting for.

Looks like you will almost have to cut the intercooler on an angle to make a pipe fit. I dk though cant wait to see how you get it to work.
d~nice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 UnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to allUnderDPressure is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Nice build Bro!!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

thanks guys!

d~nice, I was thinking the same thing, First thing I'm gonna do is cut down the 1.75" neck on the compressor housing, then weld a 1.75 < 3" conical. and see what angle I'll have to make the 3" pipe off the intercooler.

the cold side piping will all be 2.5" after all the calculations with this setup it looks like 2.5" will be the best.

this turbo will probably max out somewhere just shy of 500hp so although this chassis started out as a sfwd car with the power most guys are putting out with single cams now-a-days i dont think this car will be much of a competitor in that class, (but dont get me wrong when they (ifo) come to town i'll be out there to see how she stacks up.

(oh and I didnt realize this was in the tech forum, so if it needs to be moved mods feel free. ) SORRY

I will get some pics and some tech in here though it just might be better if I start a build thread for it.

THanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews

looking good man...in for more...........

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Looking good. What kind of HP goals are you shooting for.

egrhatch... all I can think of everytime I see that is Exhaust Gas Recuirculation hatch, lol.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Lol well when i first signed up on H-T i was a freshman in Highschool and EG Type R hatch was (and still now that I look at it ) i dont know how to say it... ( ) but I had a 93 hatch with ITR dash, SRD's (no 5-lug) and B18C... so I was very original... lol but I got T-boned and the car was parted out, the Name now is almost synonymous with my current DD.

93 DX (Vtec-e swap) came out of the car the cage and turbo motor are in now. Going to hook up an old VAFC i have and take it to the dyno, see how many MPG's I can get out of it... I hwy to and from work every day about 15mi. right now I'm averaging 42-45 mpg. like to try and get it over 50, so EGRhatch still kinda works lol.

the turbo motor is built so I know the turbo or fuel system will max out, turbo (50 trim) should be somewhere just shy of 500hp so depending on how it gets there, (looking for some decent mid-range) might have to step it up, this car is going to be a weekend warrior. Drag strip and a little bit of street driving.

going to be a true D, ( no d2b swap ) unlike most of the guys out there now, at least for now, lol (i have a GSR trans sitting in the garage needing a home) but i have a gear x (3.083 i think) 1st gear so I'd really like to utilize it. about 3 vx/dx/cx trans for swapping gears and 2 Si's, been looking for an s40 so i can get some steel shift forks but haven't had any luck around here (Oklahoma).

Last edited by egrhatch; 02-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 44 Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Whoshot is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Super sic, I love those intakes, gunna make sick power. In for moar.

Quote:
They stop laughing at your piece of shit when they can only see it through your dust.
R.I.P. - NN4S
R.I.P. - Cali Noob

You guys are gone but never forgotten, we live each day to the fullest for you, who cannot see the new day we often forget is amazing.

xbox gamer tag: angeloah
Whoshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 10 d~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enoughd~nice will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about doing the same thing take the si 1-4 gears then place the dx 5th and final gear. I was doing some calculations and it looks like the RPM's will be higher after shifting then the si final gear. The MPH werent that much of a diff till like 4th. Heres a great calc to play with.

Honda Transmission Calculator by ZealAutowerks

Ya the pipe should work out nice as long as your good with welding. 500hp huh thats bad ass man. Did you do anything to brace the block so it doesnt crack by the coolant drain. Hope to see some tens out of this bad boy at least.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 skweekz is learning the way of the Dskweekz is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

this build looks dope bro! more pics!
skweekz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
n00b

Ill get some more up here shortly...
d-nice ive played around with a few calculators... hoping to get my trap speed (top of 4th) around 145 or so...
I haven't heard anything about bracing the block, any links to see what you're talking about??
Old 03-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Running a Dx finaly gear ratio and reving to 8k should about do that. for the top of forth. Let me look at bracing the block see if I can find a good piece on it.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

These go into re-enforcing the block. At 500 or 600hp they start to crack in the location genrally.

Ill need to know your tire size. But I looked how I calculate mine with 195-45-15 with about 22.5 inch tires and a stock b0000 trans will get you around 120 reving to 7200, 133 8000. So if you change from a 4.25 final drive to a 4.058 gears will rev out like this at 8k. 1st 40.66, 2nd 69.54,3rd 105.71, 4th 145.36, 5th 176.18.

Check out post #31 where you can see the front coolant port reinfored
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...b-build-2.html

Most of this page and the next page get into it as well.
https://www.d-series.org/forums/showc...ml#post2259633
Old 03-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
n00b

Thank you sir for that info... I never even knew...
I'll be running 23" tires since that is what I have on my bogarts right now
Old 03-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Very nice looking build bro.
9threEJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

With the standard si trans with 23' tires 4th @8k 141 and 148 with the dx final drive.

np man both those builds are pretty bad ass. Lots of good info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in