Where to get a good ram horn mani for my vitara build - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Where to get a good ram horn mani for my vitara build

Wasup forum.
Look to get a ram horn mani but not sure where to get one from that is good quality and won't hurt the pocket as much.
Any info would help thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2012, 05:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Asshole

Rep Power: 53 Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Chrisfrom1986 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chrisfrom1986

Learn how to search.

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...eries+ram+horn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chrisfrom1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

Check out go autoworks. A vendor on the site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Two men shy of a group

Rep Power: 20 Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!Blu3 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Ya if you have the money for a full ramhorn go with go autoworks and they also have the mini ramhorn for cheaper but they don't look as good. I paid 650 for my go autoworks ramhorn
Blu3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks for the help. Has anyone bought from this site. Blueridge Motorsports Honda D16Z6 D16Y8 Stainless Steel Turbo Ram Horn Manifold for Honda D-Series Engines BRMS-D-RAM-HORN
Price not bad and the look pretty good.
Just want to know what you guys think bout it. Thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 30 2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2jzdreamin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 49 reviews
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
Check out go autoworks. A vendor on the site

PM me for obd1,obd2 & k-series tucked harnesses

all so do vtec sub-harness

MAGIC-WIRES FOR YOUR ENGINE HARNESS NEEDS

instagram @magicman9won4
2jzdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Use that money for some good pistons, and use a cheaper cast mani. Vitaras make no sense.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 10 Cdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the communityCdizzle_996  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj View Post
Use that money for some good pistons, and use a cheaper cast mani. Vitaras make no sense.
Whaaaaaaaa?
Cdizzle_996 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I know alot of people using vitaras with no issues..
BARTOLORACING is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
this is an invalid statement as plenty of people run vitaras with no problems. Hence why they are so popular for budget turbo builds. Over 350-400 hp I would personally switch to forged pistons.

And a go auto mani would be prefferable as they are built tough and have Gregs stamp of approval!

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 05:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

hotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussiehotrodj is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by the hoove View Post
this is an invalid statement as plenty of people run vitaras with no problems. Hence why they are so popular for budget turbo builds. Over 350-400 hp I would personally switch to forged pistons.

And a go auto mani would be prefferable as they are built tough and have Gregs stamp of approval!
Im aware they run with no issues. However you score stupid low cr. Makes no sense when a stock piston will give you a much better cr. But I know how people like to copycat what everyone else is building at the time.

If you are using vitaras, you are most likely shooting for a lower hp level than most would use a full ramhorn mani with. In the range a cast mani would easily be capable of.

Quote:
Take it from somebody who has actually done it more then once and not read about it on the internet......
hotrodj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 beachbum is learning the way of the Dbeachbum is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

RC Autoworks also has ram horn and mini ram-horn manifolds as well. They are also a vendor on this site with a very good reputation.

RCAutoworks Manifolds
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 23 GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!GO-AUTOWORKS is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 164 reviews

Thanks for the ref. guys.

OP, feel free to check with us (PM, Email, Phone) on a manifold for your build or if you have any questions in particular
GO-AUTOWORKS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by All bst View Post
Thanks for the help. Has anyone bought from this site. Blueridge Motorsports Honda D16Z6 D16Y8 Stainless Steel Turbo Ram Horn Manifold for Honda D-Series Engines BRMS-D-RAM-HORN
Price not bad and the look pretty good.
Just want to know what you guys think bout it. Thanks
they were local to me before i went into the army and moved to fort bragg. I know brandon(he runs blueridge motor sports in hickory). The turbo kit i had, had one. They do good work, and hes a good guy but go-autoworks and rc autoworks will be a much better choice. Plus they are active on this site and they are just badass in customer service.
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

What's your HP goal? What kind of budget are you on? Those answers will decide what manifold you need.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Im aware they run with no issues. However you score stupid low cr. Makes no sense when a stock piston will give you a much better cr. But I know how people like to copycat what everyone else is building at the time.

If you are using vitaras, you are most likely shooting for a lower hp level than most would use a full ramhorn mani with. In the range a cast mani would easily be capable of.

I'm near 9.0:1 with my Vitara Y8...I agree with the second part of your post, if OP isn't shooting for huge numbers a different manifold would be more cost-effective
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 arny213 is learning the way of the Darny213 is learning the way of the D

the go-autoworks manifold is awesum, you will not be disappointed. Gregs a great vendor. mine was custom built for my application, man does good work.

Quote:
Posted by KUNGFUHUSTLER
Holy isht man! You pulled this off faster then a $20 bill in a titty bar! big props to you!

Re:ive been running the everliving *** out of this thing ALOT. beat 3 bikes in the past 2 days alone. probably nearing over 50 hwy pulls lol..still holding up awesome! its a wierd feeling because im use to having to replace the tranny by now. CG ftmfw!
---------
93 civic hatch d16 street car [email protected]
arny213 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

EBAY! best manifolds ever lol jk but i recommend go-autoworks, wanting one of their kits for about a year now....
mreed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
goautoworks ramhorn, rcautoworks ramhorn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in