Stupid question... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Default Stupid question...

Ok, I know this is stupid and I'm sure I'll get some shit for it, but can 92-95 intercooler piping fit in an 88-91? Obviously the battery would have to be relocated, but other than that...is it a bolt-up affair? I know it's stupid, but just please humor me...

Thanks!

I don't make it rain...I make it inclement weather!

Cars:
05 Dodge Magnum RT- daily
PiKapp504 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I would say probably no, but I don't know the older gens very well.
But unless you buy a well made "kit" its gonna require some fab. Work!
HB turbo--> is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....PiKapp504 is almost there....

Yeah, I'm trying to stay away from lots of fab work...however, I have a feeling that's what's gonna happen. I'm just being "lazy"...and I know mindless is gonna chime in shortly and call me something derogatory...I'm used to it. LOL

Cars:

Old 02-22-2012, 06:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Greg told me it wouldn't work. Then again the easiest thing to do to be 100% sure would be pull the fucking car off the road and use my gaw piping for my EG to mock up and see what it looks like.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
1.8 nawz powa

Rep Power: 38 Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Topher is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 58 reviews

The kit could work, but you will need to cut a hole in the frame rail on the driver side for the hot piping to run, or do a back door style and cut a hole in the core support.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 9 boxx is learning the way of the Dboxx is learning the way of the D

As far as I can remember the piping will fit, but with some major cutting of the car itself...
don't go on the cheap do it right the first time
boxx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 b16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to allb16racereg6 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Buy some from one of the site vendors you wont be sorry. unless you have a welder and time then use what ya got.
b16racereg6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

I got a buddy that welds, so I was thinking of having him weld it up for me once I have it all figured out. And I would get the GAW piping kit...however I don't have that kind of scratch...

Cars:
Old 02-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

the intercooler piping kinda resembles that on a 2nd gen integra after battery relocation. has a little bend around the strut tower and as i recall from my 2nd gen teg i cut into the body itself to get the hotside going out into the fender.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Make your own and save $$$. But your lazy so spend $$$.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Toyota Matrix XR (1ZZFE 6spd)
2005 Pontiac Vibe GT (2ZZGE 6spd)
1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You will be missed but not forgotten.
BeerDrinkin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

If I could weld (read: weld well), I would totally make my own piping. I don't know if my buddy can TIG or not, so that's why I'm trying to find the most cost effective, yet simplest way of doing it.

Cars:
Old 02-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
If I could weld (read: weld well), I would totally make my own piping. I don't know if my buddy can TIG or not, so that's why I'm trying to find the most cost effective, yet simplest way of doing it.
Yes he can tig. I had him tig two pieces to my GAW piping on my lsvtec setup.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Rep Power: 54 BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BeerDrinkin is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Nothing is simple on a turbo build.

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

We already talked about this. Buy ebay piping, mock up, mod as needed, mark, have spencer weld it out.

Pointless thread.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yeah yeah yeah....

And I didn't know Spencer TIG'd your GAW piping. If that's the case, I may just do the EG piping, mock it up, cut, mark, and have him weld it up. Good call. Ok mods, please close thread...

Cars:
Old 02-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
\/Your Mom Was Here\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKapp504 View Post
Ok mods, please close thread...
Why? We will just let it die out and let some noob bring it back up 3 years from now and open up some old scabs you might have

1991 Toyota 2WD 400k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in