Anyone using Chargers? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Anyone using Chargers?

So i was original thinking about going the N/A way, but now im thinking about a SuperCharger, i've seen a couple people run them but was wondering is anyone here running one and if so how do you like it, what brand? about what price range? and how much of a bitch is it to get started.
Solika is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

If your running a d series engine good luck finding one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah thats what i thought but thought i would ask since i heard of a Jackson Racing Super charger for a D series but everyone is saying they arent made anymore

Old 02-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

i did a supercharged zc in my ef 88 i used a sc12 toyota supercharger had to do customs brackets, build a itb sorta manifold to polt up to the SC removed factory 8 psi pulley and made a custom 18psi pully with some light head work and arp bolts all round and made 180 at the front wheels
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Jackson Racing is the only option if you want something that bolts right up.

Tons of people have done it and there's plenty of info on this site about it. They aren't made anymore but can be found on eBay pretty often.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series SoCal Division

Rep Power: 16 AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!AJAY is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

18 psi and only 180 whp?

1993 civic dx hatch
jdm d15b vtec obd1
web level 1 cam
15g turbo 13 psi
STOLEN!
AJAY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Wife aggro so will have to keep thinking about which way i want to go for now
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Buy my jrsc.
civicpwr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

remember it was onyl a toyota supercharger not a JRSC but it was a really swift 180whp and was only limted to that cause injectors were maxed out but got me down the stip at 13.3 pretty quick for a over night setup only thing that had thought put into it was the intake manifold that bolted up tp the sc
Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAY View Post
18 psi and only 180 whp?
No intercooler, possibly restricted head, no intercooler, SC not meant for that much power.

It you use a big SC, you can make lots of power. But where to put the thing?
And no one wants to drop the cash on a Rotrex or modern blower.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

IIRC Mhamrick was discussing building remote mount brackets for the Eaton blowers. I'll dig up the link if I get unlazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicpwr1 View Post
Buy my jrsc.
I might just take you up on that once i have the Required posts etc to buy/sell/trade here.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awebb View Post
. To bad its only shipped to lower 48 states and im currently in canada instead of my home of GA
Old 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
That is straight bolt on? Yes, since most jackson racing systems are junk and or broken/missing parts. Also the lack of power made for the issues gained, it is not really a good choice.

HOWEVER, Procharger makes a kit for the B-series: locates it in a conversion bracket near the a/c compressor and windshield reservoir. Since the a/c compressor is the same for b and d......

Well, you get the picture. Might not be bolt on, but sure would open a door. The tuner kit, with out the blower, is VERY reasonable IIRC. And honestly the way to go, if you went that route. Since you could source a slightly less efficient blower from OE to match the lower rpm band of the d.

Then again, you could ebay/fab/go-autoworks a turbo kit for half the price and half the head aches.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I like centrifugal superchargers that are driven by exhaust gasses.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

^That

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 Didly dane will become famous soon enoughDidly dane will become famous soon enoughDidly dane will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full_Tilt View Post
I like centrifugal superchargers that are driven by exhaust gasses.
Id like to fly Like superman.
Didly dane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

There is one on eBay right now. Starting at $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackson-raci...5d7bfb&vxp=mtr
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #20 (permalink)
They call me Awesome!

Rep Power: 38 awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !awebb is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 15 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solika View Post
. To bad its only shipped to lower 48 states and im currently in canada instead of my home of GA
Do you have someone at home that could recieve a package for ya? Heck, call the guy, he may be able to work something out with you. Shipping to Canada can't be that much more expensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
There is one on eBay right now. Starting at $500

Jackson racing Super charger for D16 Honda | eBay
Somebody obviously missed my post :P

Have you checked
today?

Don't get your feelings hurt over some idiot's personal opinion, especially MINE!!!
awebb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in