No clue!! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 sk8rx6 is learning the way of the Dsk8rx6 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Angry No clue!!

So i have a problem that i just can't figure out. when I'm driving my car, if i get over 4500rpm with boost, its like i lose spark or power or something. my car lunges forward and its like i hit the brake or something. any ideas? maybe too much boost is blowing out the spark? idk. any help would be appreciated. thanks.
sk8rx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

what are your plugs gapped at

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 10 sk8rx6 is learning the way of the Dsk8rx6 is learning the way of the D

Old 02-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 94poopcoupe will become famous soon enough94poopcoupe will become famous soon enough94poopcoupe will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Fuel cut
94poopcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

i guess it could be but ive never had this problem before. ive been boosted in this civic for over 3 years. just random.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

well im in for an answer becuase my car has started doing the same thing. please update this sk8rx6 if you find a solution to the problem.
ace90si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

@ OP, what boost are you seeing at 4500rpm?
Blackhorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

wideband? That would be very help fully. Super rich means no spark, super lean means fuel cutting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xile6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Need a lot more information, what are you tuned on ( ectune, chrome, aem ) ? What boost level is the car tuned at, do you have boost cut enabled ? Sounds like you could be over boosting ( if you got it professional tuned, boost cut is usually enabled and set ) . Need more info
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 21 boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!boostedsohc is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 55 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostedsohc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCautoworks View Post
Need a lot more information, what are you tuned on ( ectune, chrome, aem ) ? What boost level is the car tuned at, do you have boost cut enabled ? Sounds like you could be over boosting ( if you got it professional tuned, boost cut is usually enabled and set ) . Need more info
this!!! sounds like boost cut to me
but your plugs have a huge gap if there at 30 thous.
info that would help would be.
what your tunning software is?
boost your tuned at?
boost cut is set at what psi? if applicable
what fuel system you have? pump or filter could be bad or going bad
last time you changed your plugs, wires, cap and rotor?
11.2 @121mph 1.9 60ft missing 4th
1.77 is the best 60ft so far

Quote:
Cheap, Fast, Reliable
You may only pick two!
Quote:
bottles are for babies.... boost gets you laid
boostedsohc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie

I could only assume its something cutting out in the ecu ( fuel or boost ) , and not a miss fire because the lunging forward, if it was miss firing the car would still drive threw it but just really shitty.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

well fuel issue sounds likely but i'll throw some things in the air with some probs i had and what fixed it:

1) car wouldnt rev over 4500. tuned on crome free. it turns out i had launch control set at 4500 also and my vss went out and my car thought i was not moving since it didnt see any mph. solution? reburned tune with launch control off. still have bad vss though

2) a few days ago my car wouldnt rev over 3500. turns out my ecu went into limp mode from water(been raining a bit here in IL ) getting into the ecu. removed ecu, let it dry, reburned tune. worked like a charm.

didnt really give too much info but like i said, just throwing shit out there lol
Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

now that i think about it, my #1 wouldnt fit the description cause it didnt have that "lunge" or jerk motion associated with fuel cut. it was more like bouncing off the rev limiter or the launch control i set it at. #2 seemed somewhat like ur prob cause it did have that "lunge" feeling but im guessing cause the ecu was activating fuel cut..so yea im going with fuel issues.

3 years entitles parts to fail no?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks for all the responses. sounds like it is probably a tuning issue from what im gathering. right now its just tuned with a street tune on crome. Im actually not sure what all he did so idk if boost cut is enables or anything. also I haven't gotten a wideband yet. this has been an ongoing build for the last three years and really i havent gotten it retuned since i first built it. so its probably all the random little additions ive made that have my car throwing fits. i was hoping to wait until i finished my head before i got it tuned professionally. I guess i will just have to let my car sit or just drive slowly until I get another tune. anyone suggest any quality tuners near Indy or Chicago area?
Old 02-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rx6 View Post
Thanks for all the responses. sounds like it is probably a tuning issue from what im gathering. right now its just tuned with a street tune on crome. Im actually not sure what all he did so idk if boost cut is enables or anything. also I haven't gotten a wideband yet. this has been an ongoing build for the last three years and really i havent gotten it retuned since i first built it. so its probably all the random little additions ive made that have my car throwing fits. i was hoping to wait until i finished my head before i got it tuned professionally. I guess i will just have to let my car sit or just drive slowly until I get another tune. anyone suggest any quality tuners near Indy or Chicago area?
We offer dyno and street tuning, you can contact us at [email protected] , or 708 599 5884
Old 02-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

+1 for boostcut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

awesome! thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Boost cut would be a solid and abrupt cut then resume spooling if wot is held. . Lean condition or a massive lack of timing would make the car lung. So which is it? Was it tuned with a wideband in the first place? Post a youtube video.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

yes it was tune with a wideband. I believe it is to skype if it is what you just described. Because it does lunch forward but then it does resume back to spooling up after about a second or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
detonation, spark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in