vitara and rod help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default vitara and rod help

im building a y8 for boost and found these pistons and rods
YCP 75mm Vitara Pistons+Custom Rods +ACL Bearings D16 | eBay

anyone have any input on this? or could i get the eagle rods and use the vitaras i have read in a couple places the vitara pistons could only be fitting onto custom rods like those from FJ.

any help would be great!

thanks in advance
97sohc_d00d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Vitaras work with almost every aftermarket rod.

That price is a ripoff for bootleg ass ching chang meow rods. You can get a FJ custom length combo for like $420. Bearings don't cost that much money, I'm sure if you ordered from FJ they would hook you up on a combo.

Stay away from shady ebay shiz

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

fj is not taking orders right now. apparently their shop was broken into. fuck them thieves! wondering if anyone else is doing the same thing? as far as the custom length rods and vitaras. maybe have to wait. hear too many good things about fj
driftin90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

rc autoworks then if fj aint taken orders
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Boost Gets You Laid

Rep Power: 35 torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !torturedsol is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to torturedsol

Pretty much, was not aware of fjs situation. Rc is always good to deal with... Again, stay away from eBay rods lol

torturedsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I've heard good reviews about P2P0 rods... And ACL race bearings aren't the cheapest.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

how are the rc rods performance wise.. i have vitaras/z6 build but im looking for rods before i start the teardown
monkey42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

same as the fj

Old 02-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

p2p0 is pretty reputable from what I've seen...
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

so the ones from the ebay store are the p2p0's? I went to there website and found them for $375. if not then ill just get eagles and vitaras i thought there was something with the wrist pins you had to have machined or something

here is the link:
http://p2p0.com/?wpsc-product=ycp-75...rods-combo-d16
Old 02-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey42 View Post
how are the rc rods performance wise.. i have vitaras/z6 build but im looking for rods before i start the teardown
We have a few guys making around 600hp on them.
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

found these at rc...
RCAutoworks
not too bad of a price
thank 2drz6
Old 02-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

We get about 3 phone calls on average about them daily, so if you have questions feel free to give us a call. 708 599 5884, I just don't see the sense of running eagle and having compression that low.
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
n00b

i bought vitara pistons and fj rods with acl bearings for 515 shipped
put my compression at 8.6:1 with oem headgasket
still waiting to put motor in but im going for 300 whp
Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97sohc_d00d View Post
found these at rc...
RCAutoworks
not too bad of a price
thank 2drz6
no problem, btw i havent done business with them but they are great people to deal with from what they have helped me out with. Hope all works out

Old 02-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

The ones in the eBay link, with the ACL race's are P2P0 rods.
ACL Race bearings are kinda costly, you can find king bearings for ~$50.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
The ones in the eBay link, with the ACL race's are P2P0 rods.
ACL Race bearings are kinda costly, you can find king bearings for ~$50.
and if the OP searches around a bit he will understand why king would be a "better" route to go

Old 02-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Wow, I just found out about RCAutoworks kit. That looks like a great deal!
slvr_skittle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
n00b

vitara pistons :thumbup:
"custom rods" no.. get eagle rods!
acl bearings? stick with OEM
Kohen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
and if the OP searches around a bit he will understand why king would be a "better" route to go
I found some posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralargenog View Post
Theyre made from a "stiffer" material, you can visably see the heat treating or whatever the hell they do. Im still a fan of OEM over anything, like I said the only reason Iran them (ACLs) on my mains was I had some and it saved me 100 bux on the build. Eagle actualy states in thr literature that they reccomend using OEM bearings ONLY on their rods... Not syaing that ACLs wont work, but of the people Ive heard spinning bearings WAY more often theyre ACLS... and of those MOST are rod bearings.

I did my math very carefully to get the spec I wanted, and even had to get my brand new rods resized on the big end a few tenths of a thou to get everything perfect, but in my experience that kind of attention to detail is what makes or breaks a hi HP builds reliability.

Moreso than what bearing you may choose to run.
I've read that the "hard" material doesn't trap particles that may harm your crank, IIRC.
sde780 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in