High Comp JRSC build questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default High Comp JRSC build questions

Hello guys

Got some questions about the build I've been brewing, I have a y8 block with z6 head with a jrsc 6-7 psi. A while back I bought some arias 11.5 cr pistons with a high comp jrsc build in mind. I bought the pistons through bisimoto and when I got them I told the tech dept my plans and they brought no concerns to my attention. SO now I've got all my stuff together and taken it down to the machine shop for balance and assembly and I called arias for piston to wall clearance recommendations as well as ring gap specs and the guy tells me he is concerned about running this much compression with the boost, BUT I began to doubt his judgement after he gave me and my machinist 2 different sets of specs for ring gap! Here is what he told me

piston 2 wall clearnace 3 thou
top ring 20-22
mid ring 22-24
oil ring 15-20

the ring gaps he gave the machinist were mostly different when we compared... BUT the guy at arias did say that they would exchange my pistons free of charge. He also said that if I were to continue with this setup that my tune would have to be near perfect... for the time being I was planning on running a p28 tuned with chrome tho I do have some spare coin I could use for a better tune... so I come to you guys for your opinions. Should I swap pistons and go with the safer build or continue as planned? and if so what spec do you recommend?

Last edited by wadegough; 02-18-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Typo
wadegough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Hi compression isn't necessarily bad for boost, it is just harder to tune is my understanding which means it is easier to blow shit up
Old 02-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

It'll be fine. It's no harder to tune than any other setup. Similar setup to what I'm running. I've ran high compression turbo'd, and now supercharged on a couple of builds. Get a competent tuner and you will be good to go.

Last edited by cticknor666; 02-18-2012 at 01:32 PM.
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadegough View Post
Hello guys

piston 2 wall clearnace 3 thou
top ring 20-22
mid ring 22-24
oil ring 15-20
im gonna say with what is posted your gonna be fine, 11.5:1 is gonna be really responsive and with the sc, its gonna be a perty fun ride. Like mentioned, get a good tuner and and have fun with it.

question, whats your final hp goal. With them pistons you can take the supercharger off later down the road and turbo it. If this is a possibility i would go with .0035 on the p2w clearance
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I would be worried with a true 11.5:1 and a roots blower at 6psi with no intercooler, of course depending on fuel used.

My thinking is that more like 9.5 to 10:1 will, work well with commonly available reasonably priced fuel. A bit also depends on the cam and exhaust system.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Meth kit or E85 might be a good idea.

180-200 whp is my guess, would be a fun ride for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
im gonna say with what is posted your gonna be fine, 11.5:1 is gonna be really responsive and with the sc, its gonna be a perty fun ride. Like mentioned, get a good tuner and and have fun with it.

question, whats your final hp goal. With them pistons you can take the supercharger off later down the road and turbo it. If this is a possibility i would go with .0035 on the p2w clearance
Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer View Post
I would be worried with a true 11.5:1 and a roots blower at 6psi with no intercooler, of course depending on fuel used.

My thinking is that more like 9.5 to 10:1 will, work well with commonly available reasonably priced fuel. A bit also depends on the cam and exhaust system.
well for the rest of my setup I have head ported by RLZ with valves, Custom Bisimoto SC cam with bisi springs and retainers, endyne race oil pump and block posting kit, the arias 11.5:1 pistons with bisi rods, walbro fuel pump and RC 550's, my exhaust is 4-1 dc ceramic coat header 2.5in cat delete pipe and full exhaust tho the exhaust might change and I have a 60mm TB i think that's most of the essential info... the jrsc has not been modified

To answer your question 2drz6 I know with full exhaust 10psi and a good tune a z6 will make 200whp and 160wtq soo I hape for atleast a solid 220whp 180wtq.... tho those numbers might not happen while tuning with chrome
Old 02-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

What are the specs on this custom cam?

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
well for the rest of my setup I have head ported by RLZ with valves, Custom Bisimoto SC cam with bisi springs and retainers, endyne race oil pump and block posting kit, the arias 11.5:1 pistons with bisi rods, walbro fuel pump and RC 550's, my exhaust is 4-1 dc ceramic coat header 2.5in cat delete pipe and full exhaust tho the exhaust might change and I have a 60mm TB i think that's most of the essential info... the jrsc has not been modified

To answer your question 2drz6 I know with full exhaust 10psi and a good tune a z6 will make 200whp and 160wtq soo I hape for atleast a solid 220whp 180wtq.... tho those numbers might not happen while tuning with chrome
rlz work, you in the carolinas? IIRC howard does awesome tuning i think you can reach your goal if he gets his hands ahold of it. Maybe try top dead center also. anything is possible even with chrome

Old 02-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by preludepatrick View Post
What are the specs on this custom cam?
I havent got it yet but when I do I was thinking about profiling it, I filled out this for the order

1. Application?
2. Displacement of Engine?
3. Ported Head?
4. Peak RPM?
5. EMS?
6. Exhaust? Size?
7. Throttle Body? Size?
8. Engine Compression?
9. Intake Manifold?

promised a 20% gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
rlz work, you in the carolinas? IIRC howard does awesome tuning i think you can reach your goal if he gets his hands ahold of it. Maybe try top dead center also. anything is possible even with chrome
HELL YEAH BRO!!!!! Winston Salem N.C. and yeah I know of both places, good chance I'll make it to one

Last edited by wadegough; 02-18-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: missing info
wadegough is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Well.......

Quote:
I havent got it yet but when I do I was thinking about profiling it when I do, I filled out this for the order

1. Application?
2. Displacement of Engine?
3. Ported Head?
4. Peak RPM?
5. EMS?
6. Exhaust? Size?
7. Throttle Body? Size?
8. Engine Compression?
9. Intake Manifold?

promised a 20% gain

HELL YEAH BRO!!!!! Winston Salem N.C. and yeah I know of both places, good chance I'll make it to one
spring lake here. also check this guy--> ** Flat Rate Tuning Fee's ** - Carolina Hondas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in