Top Mount Turbo Question... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 bbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Default Top Mount Turbo Question...

Hey guys, so i ran by this and thought id look into it a little better...

what do you guys think about this turbo kit from Ebay,

My friends tell me that it would make awesome power with my built head/block and that its made out pretty good quality, if in any case, if the turbo does go i could always replace it with a garret...

idk, what do you guys think of this, is it worth the investment?
bbcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Look at the thread on H-T and see if it'll fit.

*SPA thread.

Last edited by sxysweed; 02-18-2012 at 01:20 PM.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

hhhhhmmmm a topmount cast mani. Thats perty cool. for the price i wouldnt, see it you can get the mani, and get a name brand turbo
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
gonzo

You get them without the turbo for around $300.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

same guy is selling them for 200

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 crxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to allcrxdonwon is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Will not fit 88-91. I mean yes it bolts up, but once you put a turbo on it. Your hood will not close. I use to have pics. The guy selling them is pretty straight tho. He let me return it with no issues.

"Don't get too close to me, you'll get Horsepower on you!"
-DonWon
crxdonwon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

I have seen them work on a CRX not sure what he had to do to make it fit. He was using an HX35 IIRC. I dont think it will flow or work any better than the normal cast mani at almost triple the price.

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

I can't seem to find any of these for d-series. I'd definitely go with a top mount if I could find one. I'd hope it would fit my 14b and adapter with no hood fit,ent issues. This turbo is so small.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Well.......

Civic EF EG EK D15 D16 D15A D16Y T3 T3/T4 Top Mount Turbo Manifold T3 Flange | eBay

have a nice day lol

Old 02-19-2012, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
Uuuuuuh.....thank you. I've been reading all day about the mani. Ricer effect and it seems to be keeping people happy. I haven't gotten to see if that one guy posted a dyno graph though. 279tq 300hp would be awesome if there isn't something wrong with his setup.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 bbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regularbbcivic is obviously a regular

hey the same seller posted this to me, now reading ur post, seems like the turbo is kinda trash lol so idk if this kit is worth it

top mount link
Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Well.......

I would just get the mani honestly because it's just like evey other eBay kit as far as everything else in the kit

Old 02-20-2012, 07:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
凸(◕_◕)凸

Rep Power: 17 kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!
kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!kingyeddi is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
I would just get the mani honestly because it's just like evey other eBay kit as far as everything else in the kit
+1 for mani only. Grab your mani and piece your kit together from the classifieds section!! Support the DSP community and know you have some quality parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerD
Magic Johnson fucked bitches for years and thought he was a champ....
kingyeddi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Sweeeet, I talked to the seller again and he aggreed to sell me the top mount mani itself for 175,Ill buy that and just piece everything together..... Btw reallllll noob question but what's DSP lol
Old 02-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

I would like to try one of this manifold, maybe just for the looks and the better position for oil drain, it sits a little low on my setup with my miniram

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I honestly just want my AC and PS to work LOL!! these summers are getting hotter and hotter man.

so with a top mount turbo, i would have to get a specific turbo for this setup v.s a traditional ram
Old 02-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

NO WAY CHECK THIS OUT GUYS!!

Go autowork has it on sale

and not for nothing but i trust go-autowork over ebay any day... and its cheaper...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
gonzo

The Go-Autoworks one isn't the same. Also research it a bit, people have had fitment problems. Not just the hood/hood bar, but certain compressor covers.

SPA Topmount Cast Turbo Manifold. Let me know your experience please - Page 15 - Honda-Tech

Don't get me wrong. If they fit the CRX I'd run one on my future turbo build.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcivic View Post
NO WAY CHECK THIS OUT GUYS!!

Go autowork has it on sale

and not for nothing but i trust go-autowork over ebay any day... and its cheaper...
Thats not a top mount mani......

Did anyone read about the recreation of the panducky clocking flange for the SPA topmount???? It solves the hood clearence probs.

Home Page

I'm gonna see if I can get one made but with a t3-dsm flange instead of t3-t3
Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 tron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to alltron is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I guess the one in the original link would work. When the turbo grenades you could just get a garret or w/e rebuild kit!

tron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in