Mhamrick: Work this out or refund me my money. Long read. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Default Mhamrick: Work this out or refund me my money. Long read.

Been dealing with this headache for too long, I'm posting this on the forum so others can decide what needs to be done. There's no doubt mhamrick knows his turbos, and I've been extremely reasonable until today.

End of December I sent a turbo out to mhamrick to be rebuilt. After texting him a couple of days and weighing my options, I shipped the turbo to him. It was received on Dec 30, 2011.

In the box was:
1. T3 60 trim with tons of shaftplay, destroyed compressor and turbine.
2. T3 60 trim with some shaftplay, nothing excessive. Compressor and turbine both had small chips.
3. Adapter flange for the compressor housing outlet.
4. Staggered oil seal that I had laying around. Told him to chuck it in the trash if he has no use for it.

He said that for $125 he'd rebuild the decent turbo and give me back 1 good one. Deal. Paid with Paypal as a gift, since he seemed very reputable and offered me a sweet deal. Estimated turnaround time: 10 days.

1/2/12
Two days later, he texted me saying he had an Ebay T4 44 trim compressor and housing he'd throw in for a little upgrade. Cool, thanked him for the upgrade. Said he'd call me the next day to explain everything. No call the next day. Texted him to call me, said he was watching a game and busy. Cool, no biggie. Tried to call him the following day. Didn't pick up, and texted me that his hands were full with his son. Again it's cool with me, I understand that he's got a life. Texted him throughout the day with some questions and he responded accordingly. e.g. does he use a 270* vs 360* thrust bearing, what psi to keep the new turbo under (He said 14psi), and whether to use a restrictor with the new -3an feed line. Said he also had a 57 trim center cartridge he'd be willing to make a deal with.

1/5/12
Next day, I did some research and told him the 57 trim looked too laggy for my taste. Decided to stick with the original plan. Spoke with him on the phone for around 1 hour and learned a lot of things, he even recommended me a book to read.

I gifted him $25 on Paypal for being a standup guy and taking the time to explain everything.

1/12/12
My CRX was totaled by some guy running a stop sign, and I was without a car to drive. I texted him asking about the status of the turbo.

Him -"I'm just waiting on your parts which I thought would be back today."
Me -"Ok cool, let me know when you ship cuz I'm borrowing my dads car in the mean time"

1/16/12
Four days of not hearing anything, I texted him
Me -"Did you get the parts back yet? Dont mean to hound you, just havent heard from ya in 4 days and you said they should have been in last week."
Him -"No not yet. Your cool though cause I know Ute should have been back buy now. I'm going to call this evening and see what's up though."
Me -"Ok sounds good"

Received a call that night, he explained that USPS damaged the turbines that he sent out to be balanced. Quoted that he would have it by 1/20/12. Cool, it's not his fault and it's out of his control. Said he was overnighting another turbine to be balanced.

1/20/12
Me -"Hey any idea what size the compressor outlet is on the new housing?"
Me -"I'm trying to make sure I got the right couplers so I can drive the car soon as the turbos here"
Him -"I will have to dig it out. Give me a bit"
No reply from him, so I figured he was busy, no big deal.

1/23/12
Me -"Any news on the turbo?"
Him -"Yeah the parts are in the mail"
Personal problem came up and he let me know that he may be hard to reach for the next few days. Wished him the best.

1/24/12
Him -"I had to get you a new turbine."
Me -"Because USPS messed up the one you sent out?"
Him -"That and the second one I sent was bent."
Me -"I see. So you had to get a 3rd one sent out, how long will it take? I've been calling off my shifts at work but I'm going to put the car back to n/a if it'll be a while. I know shit comes up and it's not you fault, but I'm a car-less delivery driver and it's hurting the wallet."
Him -"It will take 5 minutes too finish once I have it in my hands. The rest is ready I just have to slide in and align and torque."

He said he ended up buying a new turbine for $100 because 1 was damaged by USPS, 1 was bent. I offered to split 50% of that since I didn't want him to pay money to rebuild my turbo. He said it's cool but he's not gonna stop me, would rather I have a positive experience and pass a good word on.

I said my only issue has been turnaround time, but I know he has a life/job outside of rebuilding turbos.

1/27/12
Me -"Did you get the parts back from balancing?"
Him - "Yes I will ship tomorrow."
Me -"Cool I sold a couple things, will paypal you half the turbine cost once I receive the turbo."

1/30/12
Me -"Did u ship the turbo out saturday?"
Him -"This morning. You would have it today but you sent me the wrong turbines seal. That's to a t25. You should have it tomorrow."
Cool, I didn't care at this point. It's been 30 days since he received the turbo and I just wanted the car running.

1/31/12
Me -"Do you have a tracking number for the turbo? I haven't gotten it yet"
Him -"xxxxxxxxxxxxxx tomorrow unless my shitty luck continues"

2/1/12
I paypal gifted him $50 to split the cost of the turbine. Finally received the turbo. Noticed a few things:

1. CHRA was not either of the two I sent him. This one didn't have ports for water lines.
2. CHRA didn't have a threaded oil feed hole. I finally was able to find a friend with one and bought it for $20. No biggie, I just want my car running.

Texted him and he said he bought a new Garrett CHRA. Said it was cheaper to replace than machine mine.

Primed it before starting, didn't boost for the first 10 miles. Turbo boosted great, watched my AFRs and was very satisfied.
sde780 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 sde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebodysde780 is almost a somebody

2/2/12
Texted him my concern about seeing oil on the CHRA after boosting. We went over my setup and he said we'd talk it over the next day.

I took the feed off and noticed the paper gasket was soaked through with oil. I wiped a very thin layer of permatex on the flange surface and re-installed it. No more oil leak.

Texted him that I saw a little bit of shaftplay, but he said it was normal. No housing contact and was boosting fine. Confirmed that I was happy with the turbo.

2/3/12
Driving home around midnight I noticed the boost drop from 12psi to 8psi. Felt like it hit a wall. Pulled over immediately and I pulled the intake off, compressor was contacting the housing. There was very noticeable in/out shaftplay, side-side was similar to the previous day.

Called him immediately, and we discussed my feed/drain via texts. Both were confirmed to be good, with the drain above the oil level and feed not clogged.

Him -"Try to get it of and back to me asap. I don't want to hold you up any longer."
Him -"What if we did this. Say a t3 stage 3 turbine with a t4 50 trim compressor. Instead of paying me all at once you pay me over a couple months when you can"
Him -"I have stages 3 turbine and 57 trim compressor. All I wold have to do is have your comp cover machined and your turbine housing machined."
Me -"How much would that cost?"
Him -"Probably $200-$250 I'll do it at cost. Maybe less. I'll check tomorrow for you."

I said my bigger concern was whether it's my setup's issue or the chance that it was something wrong with the turbo to begin with.

2/4/12
I went over a lot of possible causes, everything checked out. He said it was possible that Permatex got in and messed it up, which I said could be a possibility.
Me -"Give me a call when ur free"
Me -"What all do u need from my turbo"
Me -"Lmk what u want to do, I can either take it apart and post pics of d-series & cut my losses, or send it back to you to determine cause of failure. If it's my fault I'll chalk it up to a lesson learned. If it was due to preexisting problems with the turbo rebuild I'd rather it be rebuilt to the original T3 60 trim or T4 44 trim, whichever is easier. That's what I paid for. The 57 trim will be too laggy for my setup and I don't plan to go that bug turbo-wise."
Him -"Your over thinking. The compressor has very little to do with spool. The 57 trim and the 50 trim spool almost identical on the same setup with the same turbine."
Him -"Wasn't ignoring you. Forgot my phone."
Me -"Ok say I was getting the 57 trim. All you'd need from this turbo are the compressor and turbine housings right?"

2/5/12
Me -"What do you need to get the ball rolling?"
Me -"All I've been doing is trying to communicate to work this out, and I receive small replies that ignore my questions. I need to know whether you need more than the housings, in which case I'll ship the turbo to you. Otherwise I'm shipping you the housings and taking the turbo apart and posting pics on forums to see if anyone has insight as to why the turbo blew. Also need a ETA on when you'll have the 57 trim done. I have money in my paypal for the full amount."
Him -"I need the whole turbo. I would like to reuse the bearing housing if possible."
Me -"I will ship it to you tomorrow. What is your address again?"

2/6/12
Me -"What is your address?"
Him -"xXXXXXXXX"
Me -"It's shipped USPS XXXXXXXXXXXx"
Me -"Just to confirm: $200 correct? And how long will it take?"
Him - "Let me get it and break it down and see what's wrong. We might get lucky and it be something simply and a complete rebuild not necessary."
Me- "Sounds good. How does the turnaround time look."
Him -"It depends on what it needs. Shouldn't be more than 2 weeks."

I shipped him the turbo and another flange I had from the 60 trim, for the compressor housing intake. He kept the other flange so I figured he could use this one.

2/9/12
Me - "Did you get the turbo?"
Him -"I'm at work."
Later on that night
Me -"It says delivered. Have you had a chance to take it apart yet"
Him -"No. I'm not even homes."

2/10/12
Me -"Can you confirm that you received the turbo."
Him - "Yes"

2/11/12
Him - The turbo is trashed. The bearings are gone. It was either starved for oil or the oil did not train.
Me - Have any pics of the shaft? You said the 57 trim is balanced and just machining is needed right?
Him -Yeah the 57 is balanced. However you need a WHOLE turbo.
Me - What does that entail?
Later on,
Me - 1. Pics of the shaft/broken parts
2. I've paid you $200 so far and have been without a car for over a month. I thought you said there was a 6 month warranty on your work. If you don't think that applies, so be it. I need to know if "you need a WHOLE turbo" means the $200 isn't going to cover it.

2/12/12
12:30AM Me -"I'd like pictures of the shaft and bearings"
6:31PM Him -"Actually I think the best thing for me to do is send it back to you so you can see it yourself. Screw pictures. I am still in the hole from the last build for you. I'm not getting out of it by doing favors cause I feel for you."

Basically, he called the deal off and said it was because I wasn't appreciative of him by asking for pictures, which showed that I doubted him. So far I have spent $200 and over 1 month to have a turbo that's shot, on top of the money spent on the replacement turbo to begin with. I'm posting this here so we can both respond without sending 5 texts explaining one thing.

mhamrick:
I'm not trying to ruin your reputation; I want this worked out by both parties. I appreciate any help you've given me, and if you feel otherwise it's a shame.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I didn't want to make this public because I thought you were very helpful and I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. After these recent unpleasant text messages I have received I want this settled. It's been a pain in the ass to say the least, I'm sure for both of us.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

slowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcanoslowturbocx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slowturbocx

Sounds like a lazy kid trying to make a business, but can't seem to provide the advertised labor.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Dibble will become famous soon enoughDibble will become famous soon enoughDibble will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dibble

:/

I bet he'll learn a lesson about doing side work. There is always someone.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How much power you make is related to how deep your pockets are. You wanna go fast? Show me the money.
Dibble is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano90civichillclimber is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 19 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowturbocx View Post
Sounds like a lazy kid trying to make a business, but can't seem to provide the advertised labor.
I have had zero problems with the turbo he built for me. It is a bit laggier than either of us expected though. When I talked to him on the phone he seemed very knowledgeable and trust worthy. I hope you guys get this worked out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 Fiesta ST

90civichillclimber is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 29 Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Full_Tilt is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

How is this possible?! As we all know mhamrick is the all-knowing god of turbocharging technology with extensive formal education in radial compressor/turbine engineering.

Its obvious that sde780 is making this all up and there is no conceivable way that mhamrick is incompetent or unprofessional.
Full_Tilt is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Cliffs?
sxysweed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 8 95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes95CivicDOHC is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

3 sides to every story...

95CivicDOHC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I'm not going to call him lazy or anything like that, it's just that I think we need to come to a resolution. He wants to send me this turbo back how it is and call it quits. That leaves me with a completely shitty turbo after paying him $200 and waiting over 1 month, when I originally had 1 shitty one and 1 that was in rebuild-able condition. I also wasn't informed about the CHRA not having a threaded oil feed and lacking water ports, but they're just minor inconveniences.

Cliffs:
1. I sent out two turbos in a deal that he'd rebuild me 1 good one.
2. After much mishap, I receive turbo 1 month later.
3. I bought a new feed line, my drain is good, and I installed/used everything by the book. Kept the turbo at 12psi
4. 1 day later the compressor touches the housing, in/out shaftplay, I work out a deal with him. $200 and he'll make me a T3/T4 57 trim with a stage 3 turbine. Cool, I send the turbo back.
5. After asking for pictures of the shaft 3 times he texts me saying he'll just send it back, and to forget building the other turbo.

I initially paid him an extra $25 because he was a good guy; he explained various things about turbos over the phone for over an hour with me. Then after USPS damaged the turbines, I split the cost (paid him $50) because I didn't want to see someone like him helping me out and end up paying to rebuild my turbo. That's an extra $75 I spent that he didn't ask for, but because I appreciated what he did.

I didn't regret that at all until today, when he decided it would be best for him to ship the blown turbo back to me and call off the deal. I feel like I've been completely reasonable until this point.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

theotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcanotheotherchris is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

am I the only one baffled why there was no insurance coverage for the turbines?
theotherchris is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 06:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by neubie View Post
am I the only one baffled why there was no insurance coverage for the turbines?
Dont ask wont get. the better question is how was it wrapped? IF you send glass in the mail it probably going to break it not packed right but yet people get glass items all the time without problem.

Either way on this whole matter i dont know what to say. Sounds like mhamrick might just being having an off time or something or under budget the build and is starting to lose big on it and said f it. Idk im not him so idk. And sde780 i see your point in all this but i highly doubt your get money back. Sorry .

. RIP

xile6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I actually asked him about that

...Me -"That's terrible. Did you have insurance on it?"
Him -"No.its pointless as well. They will not pay out"
Me -"Theyre aholes here too, although I don't ship things very much"
Him -"They lost a $1200 turbo and refused to pay. I'm thinking about taking them to court"
Me -"I don't blame you, thats just ridiculous. You said you'll probably get them back Friday or so?"...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

So far we only heard one side. It might be spot on, but I will reserve judgement until I hear both sides. mhammerick may claim the OP sent him shit and wanted more than there was for what was sent. I don't know. I never saw any of these and we only heard one side.

I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

patprimmer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

First off our transaction did not come to be on D-series.org. It was external of this site.

Now second you donkey raped your turbo. You used a liquid gasket on the oil feed and when you tightened the bolts it squeezed into the oil ports which raped the turbo by not allowing the turbo any oil.

The initial deal after I confimed that the only thing on his turbos that were usefull was the covers. Nothings else. You sent me junk. I gave you a turbine because I had no use for it and it was damaged in the shipment process which happens abou all the time. Then I sent another that you included in hopes it could be used but it was bent beyond repair. I then purchased one with my money for $122. I made absolutely nothing from you. Not a damn penny. I made nothing from you and I still tried to help you out by offering you a turbo that at first you mentioned you would like to have for future goals. Then you started being the childish douche bag you are. Saying that there was issues with my build and there was not. I gave you a brand new bearing housing, brand new bearings, brand new shaft, new compressor and housing. The only thing I used from your turbos was the exhaust housing because that was all that could be used. I charged you $150. That was it. You received the turbo and mounted it without asking me for a resolution and by your own admitance blew oil everywhere. I offered a warranty on the turbo if it was due to my fault and it has not.

Furthermore you text me at 1 and 2 in the morning and expect a reply and when I don't you throw a fit. You have no respect.

The thing that blows my mind is that you omitted the fact that this is the third time this has happened. The first turbo you mounted blew up in the same fashion as the last two.

Ask anyone here if selling you a completely refurbished 57 trim for $200 is a steal or not. Yeah I offered you that because I felt bad for you but once I received the turbo back I realized that I HAD nothing TO DO WITH ITS FAILURE AND CONSIDEING THAT I AM ALREADY IN THE HOLE FROM THE FIRST BUILD YOU DESERVE NOTHING ELSE FROM ME.

IF ANYTHING YOU OWE ME MONEY.

Funny you already left postive feedback? I wonder why now you have changed your mind? Probably because you screwed up.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
mhamrick is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes

Should I post proof of my $2000 USPS shipment claim that was denied when I had two turbos totally ruined? One being a GT2554R and the other being a BullsEye T3T4 57 trim.

I don't even know why you are complaining about the first turbine that was damaged. IT WAS NOT YOURS!!! I gave it to you to use as I was not using it.
The difference between a Toyota owner and a Honda owner is the Toyota owners talk about all the shit they are going to do but never do it. Honda owners blow a couple blocks up then talk about what they did and how they done it.

Moving from Chevy to Honda is like going from first base with your girl to hitting a Grand Slam with her and her friends. Everything you want is readily availible and very easy to acquire.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamrick View Post
First off our transaction did not come to be on D-series.org. It was external of this site.

Now second you donkey raped your turbo. You used a liquid gasket on the oil feed and when you tightened the bolts it squeezed into the oil ports which raped the turbo by not allowing the turbo any oil.

Why was there a shitload of oil coming out then, before I removed the oil feed? I pulled the drain soon as I got home and cranked the car, out came a steady stream of oil.

The initial deal after I confimed that the only thing on his turbos that were usefull was the covers. Nothings else. You sent me junk. I gave you a turbine because I had no use for it and it was damaged in the shipment process which happens abou all the time. Then I sent another that you included in hopes it could be used but it was bent beyond repair. I then purchased one with my money for $122. I made absolutely nothing from you. Not a damn penny. I made nothing from you and I still tried to help you out by offering you a turbo that at first you mentioned you would like to have for future goals. Then you started being the childish douche bag you are. Saying that there was issues with my build and there was not. I gave you a brand new bearing housing, brand new bearings, brand new shaft, new compressor and housing. The only thing I used from your turbos was the exhaust housing because that was all that could be used. I charged you $150. That was it. You received the turbo and mounted it without asking me for a resolution and by your own admitance blew oil everywhere. I offered a warranty on the turbo if it was due to my fault and it has not.

I blew oil everywhere because the paper gasket failed. It was completely soaked in oil. NOWHERE did I blame you for the issues. I always said that if it's your fault then I expect you to take care of it. If it's my fault, I ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY. I sent this to you at least twice. I even said if there's Permatex in there, I'm a damn dumbass. Word for word from our text conversation.

Furthermore you text me at 1 and 2 in the morning and expect a reply and when I don't you throw a fit. You have no respect.

I did not throw a fit, nor did I expect a reply. You ignored many of my texts until night time the following day. I didn't mention your lack of communication until very recently, when I asked for pictures (3 times) of the shaft and you ignored the question in your replies.

The thing that blows my mind is that you omitted the fact that this is the third time this has happened. The first turbo you mounted blew up in the same fashion as the last two.

Funny how I've only owned two turbos. The previous one blew up because I was overspinning the shaft. You said it yourself, stage 1 T3 turbine at 23 psi was calling for disaster.

Ask anyone here if selling you a completely refurbished 57 trim for $200 is a steal or not. Yeah I offered you that because I felt bad for you but once I received the turbo back I realized that I HAD nothing TO DO WITH ITS FAILURE AND CONSIDEING THAT I AM ALREADY IN THE HOLE FROM THE FIRST BUILD YOU DESERVE NOTHING ELSE FROM ME.

Which is why I asked you for pictures of the shaft/bearings, which you ignored. Again, and again. Finally you get pissed at me and throw this fit, which is the sole reason I made this thread.

IF ANYTHING YOU OWE ME MONEY.

Funny you already left postive feedback? I wonder why now you have changed your mind? Probably because you screwed up.
I left positive feed back upon receipt of the turbo and breaking it in. It boosted fine the first few hours I drove the car, why wouldn't I leave feedback? If anything, I was happy that the whole ordeal was finally over with, after you quoted me 10 days and it took over 30 days.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

To verify why I want out of the transaction is because I have lost money which really does not bother me. It has happened before and will happen again. However this "child" texts me at the worst times and then gets pissed when he gets no response. I clearly stated to him that I have young son and I turn my cell off at night so as not to wake him.

Now after the turbo took a shit I told him I could whip him something up that would fit his future goals that we spoke about before. I offered him a Garrett 57 trim turbo for $200. Why this has changed is simple. He was unappreciative of the fact that I lost money the first time and now he acts like I owe him. I owe him jack shit. In all actuallity he owes me. It was his mistake.

He continued to ask for pictures of the damage and instead I offered to return the turbo so he would not have to question it. He could see it for himself so he would understand that the damage he did was not covered under my workmanship warranty. The tone and approach he uses is not that of a concerned buyer. It is that of child that is frustrated by the continued mistake of killing turbos. I understand his frustration. However this is his fault and not mine.

At the begining I pm'd him and informed him I could help him with his turbo. I gave him my cell number and we spoke. Our entire transaction took place externally of this site. I explained it had to be done that way as I am not allowed to offer any services on this site.

This thread showes his childish. He thinks now I am going to give him money for his mistake by pulling this little childish game. Well its not. I do not owe you anything. NOTHING. That is now going to be exactly what you get.

Like I said I am not going to continue to lose money just to have a finger pointed at me.

It was obviously your mistake. You should learn from it.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

You're calling me childish? I just received a text from you

"You are a fag. I'm not helping you a damn a bit. You can go to hell."

...and you're calling me childish? Please, I'm not looking to call you names. I want this resolved.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Crossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunnaCrossinteg is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Two sides to every story, but I have nothing but good things to say about mhamrick and the turbo I got from him. But I did have 3 turbos blow on me, one after the other. Then I found out I was doing it all wrong....

Crossinteg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in