E-85 Users - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default E-85 Users

I am still in the dilemma about converting over from pump gas to E-85. I live in MN, so there are a plenty of E-85 pumps to be had. My question is how do you guys like using it? I am running a 300whp boosted Y8 setup and I was thinking about getting rid of the 560cc dsm injectors and going 1000cc(E-85). What are your thoughts?
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 78 reviews

Well, if you plan to increase the power output any time soon I would definitely recommend it.
BLK92_D16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK92_D16 View Post
Well, if you plan to increase the power output any time soon I would definitely recommend it.
well of course, I have a new crower stage 2 cam, valvetrain, intake mani, ITR tb and a few other small things I need to re-tune for as well.... I figured I minus well go E-85 when I do the retune... I might be able to retune on less boost with E-85 and make my power goals(350).... I just wanted to see everyones experience with it... pros/cons....

Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!HondaDNA is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to HondaDNA

Its 110(ish) race gas for about half the price.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Funny enough, Honda did a writeup on how to do that because it is one if the most difficult things to do to...
HondaDNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I would do it but there is only one station around here, and it's out of the way. Its a lot safer them meth too
miked343 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 8 xr650jkallen is learning the way of the Dxr650jkallen is learning the way of the D

Yeah I'd run it also but the closest station to me is 40 miles away lol

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
xr650jkallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
its 105 octane. and its absolutely worth it IMO. I made almost 50whp going from 91 to E85.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Paul, you're gonna need at least 1000cc. I have the FIC 1100cc and im almost maxed out at 450whp on a single walbro. E85 price may go up in the spring, its almost catching up to 87-92oct price.
Garage_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 DreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagleDreaMer is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DreaMer

depending where your at there on there winter blend which contains more gasoline, making it a bit more expensive. Once summer comes it usually drops back to being 20-40 cents cheaper. (around here anyway)

DreaMer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
CaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcanoCaliLegal is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaDNA View Post
Almost...

From e85 wikipedia

E85 has an octane rating higher than that of regular gasoline's typical rating of 87, or premium gasoline's 91-93. This allows it to be used in higher-compression engines, which tend to produce more power per unit of displacement than their gasoline counterparts. The Renewable Fuels Foundation states in its Changes in Gasoline IV manual, "There is no requirement to post octane on an E85 dispenser. If a retailer chooses to post octane, they should be aware that the often cited 105 octane is incorrect. This number was derived by using ethanolís blending octane value in gasoline. This is not the proper way to calculate the octane of E85. Ethanolís true octane value should be used to calculate E85ís octane value. This results in an octane range of 94-96 (R+M)/2. These calculations have been confirmed by actual-octane engine tests." [7]

Examples of this mis-citation can be found at the Iowa Renewable Fuels Association titled "E85 Facts"[8] which cites a range of 100-105, and a document at the Texas State Energy Conservation Office titled "Ethanol"[9], which cites a 113 rating.

New - 5/25/12
.002 P2W
75.5mm Z6
TD04H 15G @ 22.6psi ??WHP

Quote:
?
Put a new motor in?
Dont race your car?
If you see smoke don't insert face?
If any of this confuses you die!
R.I.P - Pat Primmer
CaliLegal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

ive been on the edge of switching but im on a stock bottom end so i really dont think ill be able to take advantage of it yet since 93 is enough for me to shoot the rods out.. anybody have problems with there stock fuel filters, i hear thats the one thing thats good to change

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....BLK92_D16 Still a JDM Star....

On my 399whp tune the 1000cc Precisions I had were at a 89% duty cycle at 7k rpm with an 58 psi fuel pressure.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

oh damn I thought the 950's would support my goals.... my goal was around 350whp... im afraid I will go over this now lol..... shit Im gonna hafta find something else here.... Thanks guys! Ill def plan on converting over this year! Ill post numbers when im there!
Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

anyone else use this and like it? What average power did u gain from the switch?
Old 02-16-2012, 09:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garage_Boy View Post
Paul, you're gonna need at least 1000cc. I have the FIC 1100cc and im almost maxed out at 450whp on a single walbro. E85 price may go up in the spring, its almost catching up to 87-92oct price.
could go with an inline walbro as well, up the pressure a little, and i betcha u could go a little further with the 1100's

but i agree, id go a bit bigger...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

My goals are very realistic.... I think for 350whp..... 1050cc from FIC should work for me just fine..... and leave me a little but of wiggle room.... anyone else run E-85?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
My goals are very realistic.... I think for 350whp..... 1050cc from FIC should work for me just fine..... and leave me a little but of wiggle room.... anyone else run E-85?
Yes, you will be fine with the above listed setup with a single in-tank Walbro 255.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
ive been on the edge of switching but im on a stock bottom end so i really dont think ill be able to take advantage of it yet since 93 is enough for me to shoot the rods out.. anybody have problems with there stock fuel filters, i hear thats the one thing thats good to change
I would do it anway. There are a few running it out here on stocker saying its keeping the down the deto.

To the OP I would use it. BUT I will point out, I had ran out of gas and had a choice of crap gas or 100, and put in the 100. Too bad for me, cause my tune was not for 100.
runvegas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

is there a better time of year to buy E-85? Dont they have a winter blend... E70? Or something like that? When does that switch over to reg E85?
Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

RCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top AussieRCautoworks is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

A good read about e85

Injector Dynamics - Alcohol Article
RCautoworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in