V-Band Setups? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 sohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sohc-it07
Default V-Band Setups?

Hey guys im thinking about redoing my downpipe setup. Im wanting to do a V-band clamp off the turbo. Ive heard that the V-bands have issues leaking exhaust? can anyone comment on this?

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-UPDATED 9-10-2011

<-UPDATE 9-22-2011

[email protected] on worn street tires & no seat time
& still getting 30mpg
sohc-it07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Ive never seen any problems with any local vband cars and I have one for my setup.
christbone20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 15 Garage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropesGarage_Boy is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I got vband on my downpipe to catback to axleback. It doesn't leak. I did it for ease of taking it off
Garage_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
Wischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcanoWischmaster is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

A buddy of mine just got done getting his setup together.

He used a 3" V-Band adapter on the turbine housing and made his own turboback from there, using V-Band's the whole way.

I've never heard of issues related to leaking though. Just praise for how easy it makes exhaust removal.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Wischmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Took my downpipe off a couple weeks ago...took literally 45seconds.....v- band off the turbo and dp to exhaust....the rest of the exhaust has normal flanges

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Janky eBay crap can and does tend to leak. v-bands can leak if not welded correctly. The easiest way to make sure they seal is to check the sealing face with a sanding board. You want to use a pretty flat piece of wood or metal, spray some 3M adhesive on it, then jam some medium to fine grit sandpaper on it. Run it across the surface and see if there are any non-sealing spots. You don't want to take off too much, as that will loosen up the clamp, if you go too far.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 a5hatch is hot as a volcanoa5hatch is hot as a volcano
a5hatch is hot as a volcano

Buy quality Vband products. Problem solved.

btw FWIW, Vband on a downpipe, Wastegate, and exhaust set up is worth EVERY FREAKING PENNY!!!!!!!!!

377WHP 292Lbs TQ

Quote:
Sir, how the eff do you rebuild oil?
a5hatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdh20 View Post
Took my downpipe off a couple weeks ago...took literally 45seconds.....v- band off the turbo and dp to exhaust....the rest of the exhaust has normal flanges
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Janky eBay crap can and does tend to leak. v-bands can leak if not welded correctly. The easiest way to make sure they seal is to check the sealing face with a sanding board. You want to use a pretty flat piece of wood or metal, spray some 3M adhesive on it, then jam some medium to fine grit sandpaper on it. Run it across the surface and see if there are any non-sealing spots. You don't want to take off too much, as that will loosen up the clamp, if you go too far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5hatch View Post
Buy quality Vband products. Problem solved.

btw FWIW, Vband on a downpipe, Wastegate, and exhaust set up is worth EVERY FREAKING PENNY!!!!!!!!!
i second third and fourth this. Im building my exhaust right now with v-bands on the turbo only. Its the best move ive ever done since going turbo.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

I've ran "eBay" v-bands on 3 setups and never had an issue with leaking. I personally think it has more to do with welding procedure than the v-bands themselves. If you overheat the piss out of the flange, it WILL warp, and you will not get a good seal.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
MuthaFuckaUppa

Rep Power: 17 CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
CripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcanoCripTofer is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I use a piece of glass for sanding boards.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 23 scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!
scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!scottdh20 is the fucking MAN!!!!

mine are ebay and i dont have any problems....the ones i got have a little lip on the inside edge that helps them seal better. i think its a 2 1/2 on the turbo and 3" on the exhaust

How to hook up turbo coolant lines

BUILD THREAD

Everyone has a little farmyard in them

scottdh20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

the 2.5" ebay v-band clamps kinda suck. i broke two then upgraded to a vibrant and i havent had a problem since.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

vbands on down pipe on back. the exhaust is always on and off often. No leaks. seals up great each n every time. vbands ftw. quick and easy removal.
S2klean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 sohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eaglesohc-it07 is fly like an eagle

Thanks for all the input guys! Speedfactory is doing the downpipe so ill shouldn't have anything to worry about as far the flange getting warped.

Rep to everyone!

<-UPDATED 9-10-2011

<-UPDATE 9-22-2011

& still getting 30mpg
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I took my manifold and welded my v band for my 38mm emusa wastegate to it. No leaks and the dumptube. Looks clean and makes it easy. Need to v band my dp off my holset. I'll weld a plate recessed into it and then make it flat. And then weld the band. Blah!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 Boostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebody

Im going to be running vband clamps on my downpipe, on my kteller 2.5" ss exhaust at the "cat" wink*wink* and another vband at the rear section before the hump over the control arm. Easily spend over 100 bucks on vband clamps lately lol
Boostincx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 sales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Boratsales@rcautoworks smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Never had an issue with any of my Vband stuff. I love Vband makes install and removal that much easier
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 9 HB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like BoratHB turbo--> smells like Borat

Never had any probs. w/ my EGay v-band clamps, and super easy to remove!
HB turbo--> is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Im thinking about doing both ends of the downpipe V-band clamps just to make it easy to install and remove.

<-UPDATED 9-10-2011

<-UPDATE 9-22-2011

& still getting 30mpg
Old 02-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #20 (permalink)

Vband = god
Honest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in