d17a1 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d17a1

So I have a d17a1 I could grab from the shop i work at, I searched up the rod lengths and bore sizes, the a1 is .0076mm shorter then the y8 rods, which is what i have right now. So my question is am i able to use the same vitara pistions and custom length rods as my y8? if so is there still notching required to the block? or are there different connecting rods bolts i could use aside from the arp2000 ones? which dont require block notching?
98exd16y7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 moff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow upmoff3tt is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98exd16y7 View Post
So I have a d17a1 I could grab from the shop i work at, I searched up the rod lengths and bore sizes, the a1 is .0076mm shorter then the y8 rods, which is what i have right now. So my question is am i able to use the same vitara pistions and custom length rods as my y8? if so is there still notching required to the block? or are there different connecting rods bolts i could use aside from the arp2000 ones? which dont require block notching?
You can't used d16 rods in a d17. There are d17 forged rods you can buy for about $400 a set IIRC
moff3tt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Cheapest way to build the block:
Grab a D16 crank and figure out how to get the oil/timing shit to function.
Custom Length Rods + Vitara's.

Should be cheaper than a full forged D17 set-up and have a better R/S for happy revving.
sxysweed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 Dibble will become famous soon enoughDibble will become famous soon enoughDibble will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Dibble

Easiest way to do it is buy parts for a d17a1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

How much power you make is related to how deep your pockets are. You wanna go fast? Show me the money.
Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

The biggest issue in my mind is that the D16/D17 piston compression height is way different. The rod length and deck height is essentially the same between the 2 blocks - it's the compression height of the piston that compensates for the longer stroke of the D17.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in