Ebay 44mm trim turbo ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Ebay 44mm trim turbo ?

Hi guys im just wondering how much WHP can a ebay 44mm trim turbo can go for ?

Thanks fellows
HPfreak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 Ej1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebodyEj1civic coupe is almost a somebody

Did you really just ask this? Did you really just waste your time? Dont you know how to use google? Do you know where the search function is on DSO?

Sorry for the stupid questions i was just wondering if you can answer my dumb questions to?
Ej1civic coupe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

300whp has been done.
sxysweed is offline   Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
300whp has been done.
if it doesnt take a shit on you with in the first few miles
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2drz6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej1civic coupe View Post
Did you really just ask this? Did you really just waste your time? Dont you know how to use google? Do you know where the search function is on DSO?

Sorry for the stupid questions i was just wondering if you can answer my dumb questions to?

Man im just asking cuz i dont no what this turbo can do. And you if your going to answer like that dont answer !
Old 02-07-2012, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPfreak View Post
Man im just asking cuz i dont no what this turbo can do. And you if your going to answer like that dont answer !
really... you ask a question that's been covered numerous times, a question that you could have answered for yourself with a quick trip to google in about the same amount of time it took you to make your thread. his response may not have seemed the most helpful but in reality it is. use the search bar that's what it's there for. i think awebb (sp?) has a sticky on how to do it if searching is not your forte.
MEERVINCENT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Scammer

Rep Power: 9 GlennsEk will become famous soon enoughGlennsEk will become famous soon enoughGlennsEk will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You could find or answer easily on here or H-t, but yes about 300 is about best you could get out off it.

Any turbo can crap out on you anytime, I fact is that if a egay turbo does then your dropping another $150 bucks on a new one, If your garret or turbonetics your dropping more then likely over a stack for a new one or 500-800 to rebuild yours. You get what you pay for. I have seen little egay turbo build do work at the track and destroy other people turbo builds. who cares if they didn't buy a brand name turbo.
GlennsEk is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

we recently tried one out on a cheap setup we put together at the farm

it ran a 12.6 spinning super super bad. probably had 12.1's or 12.0's in it.

we were running it at about 20psi on 94 octane pump.

id say it was making around 280-300whp

turbo was toast within 1000 miles. they are junk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

Thanks that helps !
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
gonzo

sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....sxysweed It's a JDM Star Bitches....

You also have your units messed up.

44mm trim is a bullshit number. Trim is unit-less and a 44mm turbo doesn't denote what is 44mm.
sxysweed is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysweed View Post
You also have your units messed up.

44mm trim is a bullshit number. Trim is unit-less and a 44mm turbo doesn't denote what is 44mm.
Sorry my bad
Old 02-07-2012, 11:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!xile6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post

Wow thats not long at all but also thats high power for an ebay turbo.

And to the op ebay turbos normally good for $150, 10psi 1-2yrs if taken care off. But please do search.
"civic ebay turbo"
A shit load of stuff will come up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP

xile6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

i've owned one for about 3 years, daily drove no problems for low boost projects, high boost do consider another turbo.
cdawg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

It's obvious you haven't done any research.

In an entirely objective manner i'm telling you you are seeking information the lazy way.

Learn how to figure out the actual size of a turbo.

Learn how to read a compressor map.

gtfo, research, comeback

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 cdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enoughcdawg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to cdawg

^ doush-fag 101
cdawg is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

That's certainly one theory.

Also, the word is spelled douche.

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like BoratBoostedCouped16 smells like Borat

I have a china-charger on my car. I went [email protected] mph at 14psi on it in a full weight EK. I have put probably 10,000km on it, has no shaft play, doesnt leak, seems mint. I run a 0.070in resistor and brad penn 20w-50 oil. Planning on turning it up to 20-25psi this year, ill let you know how long it lasts.
BoostedCouped16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedCouped16 View Post
I have a china-charger on my car. I went [email protected] mph at 14psi on it in a full weight EK. I have put probably 10,000km on it, has no shaft play, doesnt leak, seems mint. I run a 0.070in resistor and brad penn 20w-50 oil. Planning on turning it up to 20-25psi this year, ill let you know how long it lasts.
Perfect man thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #19 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by xile6 View Post
Wow thats not long at all but also thats high power for an ebay turbo.

And to the op ebay turbos normally good for $150, 10psi 1-2yrs if taken care off. But please do search.
"civic ebay turbo"
A shit load of stuff will come up.
This is quite the subjective statement. Do you have hard proof that the "limit" for an ebay turbo is 10 pounds for 1 -2 years? It's as pointless as those "how much whp will my car make threads"....nobody knows.

I had an ebay "57 trim" on my second setup (DOHC ZC) that had 12k on it before it was given to me. Not only did I use it on that setup but also on the following setup (LSV). Never had an issue with it.

My point is that there is no "limit" for an ebay turbo. You get what you pay for....sometimes you luck out and sometimes you don't. But don't to try and put some arbitrary time frame and number to it because it's impossible. Longevity is unpredictable, period.

OP, want a reliable turbo go with a reputable company. Want to take your chances? Go ebay, but just know what you're getting yourself into.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in