Honda D Series Forum banner

block filler

918 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  oscarmayer 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I've heard about that kind of process, not really sure as to the drivability to it. Seems like a quick-fix, and not sure how time-tested it is.

#3 ·
Eh, im not sure of the necessity of something like this. If your sleeves are epoxied in place, they couldnt expand at all, and thats what metal does, expand, so i would have to assume it would be a bad thing.

Seeing people push B-series sleeves to 500whp and D-series sleeves as far as i know are made of the same thing, i cant see any reason why you would need to do this.

#5 ·
aznguy40 said:
about block filling, would it be ok for a daily driven car?
i would never do that for a daily driven car; these alu blocks and heads needs the best water circulation that can get; taking away the water jacket without precisely peeping flow characteristics of the supply around the cyls and shit is asking for heat related trouble, warping, etc..

G
#6 ·
this practice is generally used with concrete and the block is usually only 4/3 filled leaving a small gap at the top for water. This is also only used in full track only applications as a shadtree mechanic way to make a couple of runs down the track before you blow the block. This will not stop a block from breaking. but it will help strengthen it. but again, this is race only because they drive for like 2-3min then shut down totally thus not requiring the same cooling needs as a street car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.