Best place to buy Bisi 3.6 cam? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Default Best place to buy Bisi 3.6 cam?

Whats the best place to buy the bisi 3,6 cam? is it going to be the same price if i order it through bisimoto as if i ordered it from one of the retailers for him? if its cheaper elsewhere, where is the cheapest to get it?
christbone20 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Best option is to not buy it at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

try to find a used one is your best bet, or just buy from bisi.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
Best option is to not buy it at all.
this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Never finishes (TWSS)

Rep Power: 18 Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!Evanguy is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
this
x3 yeah, you dont want something that makes piles of power.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

When was did the general consensus become ALL of Bisi products suck?

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sucks no, over priced then yes

Old 02-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

best place is web cams. Youll get it cheaper, they do his regrinds anyway so skip the middle man
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all

Im quite willing to pay $400-450 for 80whp.....

hence why im looking for one
Old 02-05-2012, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Well.......

Rep Power: 31 2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !2drz6 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by christbone20 View Post
Im quite willing to pay $400-450 for 80whp.....

hence why im looking for one
like for real holmes call up web cams and see what they can do for you. They grind all his cams. Bisi's customer service sucks so if you call web cams youll be coming out alittle cheaper and less of a headache
your mother should spank your butt and put you in time out.

2drz6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

delts,colt,web

Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2drz6 View Post
like for real holmes call up web cams and see what they can do for you. They grind all his cams. Bisi's customer service sucks so if you call web cams youll be coming out alittle cheaper and less of a headache
Thanks for the help man, ill give them a call tomorrow.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black91CRXsi View Post
When was did the general consensus become ALL of Bisi products suck?
Case in point #1:
The headers fail in two ways: cracking and power output.

Case in point #2:
Cam cracking issues. Not specific to Bisimoto, but anyone offering VTEC cams from cores made in China that are very substandard. Cracking or wear is almost a certainty, especially with "upgraded" valve springs, much higher rev limits, and less anti-wear additives in most off the shelf engine oils.

Case in point #3:
The cam gears are mis-marked from the manufacturer. If you can't )(#$*($# set the timing correctly because the marks are off, you can have some really serious issues. To my knowledge, this has not been neither addressed nor corrected.

Case in point #4:
Extremely hideous customer service, especially if they screw up and don't want to admit it.

Case in point #5:
The refuse to give )(#$(*$# cam cards out with their darn cams. They've ALREADY been copied. Claiming intellectual property concerns as a reason for not allowing proper installation of a cam is complete, utter, pure puerile BS. It also shows a lack of maturity on the part of the company, since they can't face reality. If you asked a V8 engine builder if they would order a cam without a cam card, and no chance of actually getting one, they would likely laugh in your face, unless you were a paying customer in which case they would just map the darn cam themselves because it isn't ()#($* hard to do. It's just super annoying to not have a proper, standard thing given with a purchase of what I consider the most important part of the engine.

This has been happening for a few years now, it's just that the nutswingers (on this forum) have finally had to concede given the preponderance of evidence that Bisimoto as a brand is very hit or miss with their products and service. I personally have had an order screwed up so badly, I will never order anything from them ever again. I am fixing a Bisimoto header right now, attempting to prevent it from falling apart again, and when I opened it up, I was appalled at the lack of care in the fitment, welding, and finish of the header.

Not everything they sell sucks. Not every order gets screwed up. *shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
sucks no, over priced then yes
I don't think most of their products are overpriced. I have, actually, thought many were under priced (leading to quality issues).

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Add Skunk2 to the list as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Meat Popsicle

Rep Power: 29 Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Paterico is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Yup, The_Acid_Beaver summed it up perfectly. Nothing else to really say.

R.I.P. Pat Primmer
Paterico is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
I am fixing a Bisimoto header right now, attempting to prevent it from falling apart again, and when I opened it up, I was appalled at the lack of care in the fitment, welding, and finish of the header.
Well, I'm with you on the header. I was disappointed when I received mine as far as fitment goes. I wasn't happy that you have to weld the downpipe and fab a flange on your own. Not to mention no bracing provisions. I'm not a welder and so this is gonna be a pain for me.

I wasn't aware of any power complaints though.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

delta or colt...support the homies
MrBui is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 10 baajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eaglebaajaa is fly like an eagle

Delta doesn't offer the 282-2 yet, does he??
Old 02-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 9 Boostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebodyBoostincx is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
Case in point #4:
Extremely hideous customer service, especially if they screw up and don't want to admit it.
Like when they run specials on forums, then when you place your order and its on back order so far for a month? Here is the email response i get, this isnt the first one!

Greeting's Mike,

Thank you for the email correspondence. The manufacture just informed us that the Coil On Plug Conversion Kit 30-2860 continues to be on National Back Order with an ETA of Mid-February. We are looking at one more week to a week in a half before its arrival. I have authorized the Shipping Department to include some Bisimoto Goodies in your order for the inconvenience. Please stay tune for a future email with tracking information once order has shipped.

We look forward to assisting you with your performance goals.

Have a great weekend!

Best,
Janet Ruvalcaba

Let me guess, the Bisimoto goodies include a T-shirt, Stickers, or license plate frames... just what i want to do is advertise your company after you keep giving me the run around on a 800 dollar Coil on Plug unit you cant ship after i paid for it a month ago... ?!? right.

STOP RUNNING SPECIALS ON ITEMS YOU DON'T HAVE!!!!!!

To the OP, not so long ago i was also looking at the bisi cam selection, after my experience with my cop kit so far i will not be doing business with them again. I have been looking at Colt possibly for my camshaft needs, i like what i see from them.
Boostincx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series G0D

patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....patprimmer Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

I have never dealt first hand with Bisi, but I held him in high regard based purely on reputation, that was until about 2 years ago when a member here tried to get a cam card.

That member was abused and I believe racially vilified and basically called a thief for simply asking for a cam card.

I supported the request for the card stating reasons it was needed and why the reasons for not supplying it where pure bullshit. I then suffered a barrage of abuse from his staff in an attempt to divert from the basic problem, then a bullshit attempt to smooth it over but actually do or change nothing by Bisi himself. ie another attempt to divert from the original problem.

The way he carries on about his R&D and everyone stealing his work, you would think he invented the concept of having a shaft with a lump off one side to operate a valve. Whoop de do. Just about any serious race team, buys or specifies a few different grinds and does some dyno pulls, changes a few things and does a few more pulls.

If they want to win races, they keep that info to themselves AND DO NOT SELL CAMS USING THAT DATA. If they sell cams from that data, they publish basic info about the profile.

In the V8 world, and anything ground by local grinders here for just about any engine, you can get all the cam data you want.

There was a strong implication that because a cam was going to India, that a cam card should not be included

In my opinion his attitude, his business management and business ethics make him an unsuitable business partner and I won't deal with him.

If I had access to one of his cams, I would plot it out and publish the data.

To make intelligent decisions about which cam will best suit your set up, you need data he will not provide, He just says trust me. I am the great Bisimoto. I know best, don't ask how or why, just buy whatever I say you should or cleverly veiled words to that effect. To my mind, this is just plain outright unacceptable.

If your looking for value for money with reasonable performance gains, buy a Delta.

If your looking for top performance buy a Colt.

If your looking to buy a Bisi without the bullshit, buy a Webb.

The best current way to make a serious Honda SOHC race cam is to use a OEM Honda core and build it up with hard face overlay like Stellite, then grind from that.

If you build up a core with hard face overlay to get good lift with a big enough base circle so that you lobes and followers will live, you will need to modify the head to fit the lobe and you will need to modify the rocker mountings to fix the geometry. The need to modify the head to fit a cam is why many grinders will not make that type of cam as customers who get in over their heads then blame the supplier.

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

Ignorance may be cured, stupid is forever.

my CRX thread

my intro

Last edited by patprimmer; 02-05-2012 at 07:55 PM.
patprimmer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in