D15b3 rods help? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default D15b3 rods help?

Hi ive been on the forum for a while and havent even posted. ive basically been gathering info for my build. so here is the question does anyone know about a forged rod set for the D15b2 or b3 engines? I think they have the 134mm rod lenght. Any thing besides custom made rods?
fatbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

UNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Google came up with this.
Honda D15B/D16/D17A forged I-beam connecting rods

And this.
http://www.buyimportperformance.com/...CRS5394H3D.htm

You might want to call them and talk about specifics though.

Last edited by UNDERSTIMATED; 01-28-2012 at 03:03 PM.
UNDERSTIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

Those link i saw but they dont mention about the lenght. I know the D16 and the D15B vtec has the 137 mm lenght rod. But im trying to find rods for the non vtec D15B3 engine. The Lenght is 134mm. Didnt want to go custom. looking for a cheaper solution. Thanks for the links.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

UNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top AussieUNDERSTIMATED is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

The second link said the rod are 5.290" which is 134.366mm
UNDERSTIMATED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

Ok my bad i missed that. Thaks alot. Just so u know a am building a D15b3 which came from the factory as a carb. i have coverted it to fuel injection by changing the dizzy and installing an intake manifold from antother non vtec engine. I want to turbo charge it n see what i cant get out of this lil d. I've got a 94 civic ex.

Parts i have in possesion:

75mm Vitara pistons
Homemade mini ram exhaust manifold
Ebay T3/T4 50trim turbo
Ebay intercooler an piping
HKS blow-off valve
Tial 38mm wastegate
Chipped P28 Ecu Running Chrome
Dsm 440 injectors
NGK 7e Spark plugs

Planning to run 12Psi n see what hp i get out of the engine. its a real budget build and most of those parts are used. its gonna be my dd and anything over 220hp would have me smiling. i just wanted to upgrade the rods cause i know that is a major weak point at those power levels.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

That link is wrong, #5394 is a D16 rod that is also used in D15VTEC

5.394" = 137mm

Crower is the only company I know that makes D15 rods.

Steel Billet Crower Connecting Rod Honda 1.5 Civic (92-95)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 D16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropesD16EG8 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Jesus, seems like these threads are popping by the minute

Its coolant.
D16EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 20 the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!
the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!the hoove is the fucking MAN!!!!

Didn't RC or GO-Autoworks crank out sets of forged d15 rods? Give those guys a call as well. They can point you in the right direction.

Correction, it was FJ distributors. They have the d15 rods.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 teg ( new project)
Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys with d series motors under the hood.

R.I.P Pat PRIMMER! You will be missed.

RIP Paul Walker.
R.I.P. NN4S.
RIP Cali-N00b.

Last edited by the hoove; 01-29-2012 at 06:23 AM.
the hoove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
n00b

Thanks guys i really apperciate all the info.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

FJ doesn't have the rods, he isn't open anymore. You can get the d15 rods from Hungary though..Do you know what your compression will be with vitaras if you find some d15 rods?
Matt@U2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

p2p0 can get the d15b2 rods if i remember right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in