First timer.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Forced Induction

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Default First timer....

K....I know I'm probably going to get blasted in here, but you guys have the experience, I don't. What I am proposing is swapping out my high CR build and slapping on a GO-AUTOWERKS kit...... bigger injectors, swap pistons to lower comp, and re-tune....of course I'm not telling you the grand scheme of what HP I'm looking at haha!

Think it's worth it? I plan on keeping the car for quite sometime, and painting it eventually, I've got the supporting mods to go along with high/moderate boost levels. Build list ( https://www.d-series.org/forums/vbpic...do=view&g=2683 ) Problem is cost....better to piece it together and be patient or call Greg over at GOW?

So frustrating not being competitive!!!
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 jplowman2005 is learning the way of the Djplowman2005 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

we cant tell you if its worth it if we dont know a hp level, what parts will be used, and if you can wait and are patient enough you will save money checking the for sale threads all the time

2001 Silverado 4x4
2011 700fi Rhino

Playstation network: JPlowman2005
jplowman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 EGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunnaEGDriver93 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplowman2005 View Post
we cant tell you if its worth it if we dont know a hp level, what parts will be used, and if you can wait and are patient enough you will save money checking the for sale threads all the time
Looking between 350-400hp range....I know, ridiculous. The kit I'm looking at is there S-RACE kit. Needs to be tough enough to withstand DD and track duties..

Funny you mention that...I check the classifieds ALL the time for good deals in there...it's hard writing down everything you need, and piecing it together.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 8 CPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enoughCPT Del Sol will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

I think its worth it... only cause Im a turbo guy lol

But it all depends on your budget imo, if you cant afford having your car sit for a while or the funds then dont do it. If you plan on doing a simple build with a goal range of 250-300 hp I think it should last a long time as long as you get a good tune and take care of the motor. Quality parts will make a huge difference as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Once again, I am embarrassed to own a Honda.
CPT Del Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in